• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Just a couple of things to note with the lateest version.

Playing the main quest, the coast guard caught me smuggling at Puerto Rico, I boarded and took two ships. The captains of the Spanish coast gaurd was a British Soldier.

Later I took and sacked PR when I came out, every ship I encourneted even the British where I have a LOM were hostile. Relations were unchanged. British LOM, Holland Neutral, every one else hostile.

Oh dear... that's really weird. :shock

Yes an I have replicated the bug with the relationship switch twice now. I played to the next thing in the quest and that didn't appear to reset the relaions at sea back either.

Alos my crew doesn't appear to be using the firearms in the weapons locker. They have lots of differnt guns and plenty of appropriate ammunition. They carry them but never fire thme.

That is REALLY weird; I'm sure they used to and Hook even made some fixes for it.
We haven't made any modifications since.

As for the relations issue, did you fly a false flag at any time?

As for the relations issue, did you fly a false flag at any time?

Probably going into PR much earlier. But it didn't affect relations then. Is there anyway to set it back?

If it's because of a false flag, it only applies to the ships that actually recognized you.
Shouldn't apply to ALL ships, especially not to all FRIENDLY ones. :facepalm

I'm sorry for the confusion; the whole false flag business should only be applying to hostile ships anyway.
Basically I'm totally confused on your problems. :wacko:

Me too. I am fooling around trying to find a fix. Overall the game plays great and looks great and seems pretty stable. Nice job!

"Have you observed the Different Flags mod working yet? "

Yes and I really like the historically accurate flags and the different flags for merchants. They look great.

I notice that on the smaller ships Nathanial's flags are carried fore and aft but the pennants are Sparrow's. Shouldn't the penants be the same as the flag. Also I noticed that Nathaniel's flag changed from the red and white modern hawk to the Polish eagle between when the mod was put in patch three. Is there some way I could get the other one back?

On the relationship problem, I went into Barbados completed the next step in the quest and went back to sea. The fort at Bridgetown recognized me as English and went I went back to sea the problem was fixed. :shrug Who knows.

The game looks and plays great and seems very stable. :cheers

A couple of small things. The priest on Martinique can't load his dialogue, and when I met Marc La Blanque my dialogue said I was going to Falise De Fleur.

Thomas the Terror is still working on the personal flags and none of the personal pennants match up properly at the moment.
A while ago I searched for all old personal flags that had been made and posted them here:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13298-flags-on-ships-in-b14a9-5-development-resources/page__view__findpost__p__339680
Eventually we'll add an interface to select your flag, but it'll be a long while before that's realised. :(

Is the Martinique priest used in a quest at some point? Anyway, I'll look into his dialog then.
For Marc Blacque, was it this line that was wrong?
"All right, I'll give this letter to your family as soon as I'm back on Falaise de Fleur."
If so, I've fixed it now. Change it to this:
"All right, I'll give this letter to your family as soon as I'm back on #sFalaise de Fleur#."
The file is in PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\marc blacque_dialog.h

Ahoy, Pieter,

That is the line in Marc's dialouge. Thanks for that and thanks for showing me those flags, that is going to be truly awesom when it is all in.

In a related issue I lost my letter of marque sometime after sailing into Marinique and killing boon with a poisened throwing knife. I went in under a French flag. I will go back and try to figure out what did it.

Well it appears that assinating Boon on land cost me LOM. When I went back and put out to sea with him and sunk his ship, I kept the LOM just fine. BTW when you kill Boon on land, you can't loot his corpse. He has the 20,000 but you the looting screen is greyed out.

Later after sinking his ship I encountered a group of British ships in combat with pirates. The British saw me as hostile despite my LOM and the fact my relations screen said I was way friendly. I used a false French flag to get into Martinique earlier but was flying the British flag long before the enounter.

Makes me think there is something off in flag recogntion. :keith

To avoid me have to reproduce a similar situation, have you got a savegame which i could use to observe and trace the bug ? :rolleyes: I'd gain time if you could upload it here ;)

I tried to upload a save but it wouldn't let me. It said I couldn't attach that type of file. Any ideas about how to get it to you?

Hello!
I have a problem with the Jack Sparrow Quest Brotherhood

I've got to find Pedro's Plantation. I go to Anse Casse-Bois, then i go to the "outskirt", then i turn left to the jungle, then i turn left and BADABOUM! There is just a Black Screen with the date... :urgh
It's like at the beginnin when after talking to gibbs we have got a black screen and the date. And the file Models/Location/Town_Falaisedefleur/Port2 resolve the problem.

So i think i need a file...

Back