• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

I tried to upload a save but it wouldn't let me. It said I couldn't attach that type of file. Any ideas about how to get it to you?
Try to rename the extension to another you could upload, a .txt for example ! If you can't, perhaps you could put it on the ftp server.

I tried to upload a save but it wouldn't let me. It said I couldn't attach that type of file. Any ideas about how to get it to you?
Put it in a ZIP; that'll work. Will save space too. ;)
FTP would also work and I could allow savegame attachments too if you wish.

I have a problem with the Jack Sparrow Quest Brotherhood

I've got to find Pedro's Plantation. I go to Anse Casse-Bois, then i go to the "outskirt", then i turn left to the jungle, then i turn left and BADABOUM! There is just a Black Screen with the date... :urgh
It's like at the beginnin when after talking to gibbs we have got a black screen and the date. And the file Models/Location/Town_Falaisedefleur/Port2 resolve the problem.
Can you please enable error logging and see what system.log says after the black screen occurred?

After black screen system.log says that:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 118599400 ticks.
LOCATOR: Can't find locator with name: reload_fort1, geo: Eleuthera_locators
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value
LOCATOR: Can't find locator with name: reload_fort1, geo: Eleuthera_locators
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 33) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 336719492? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 13) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 336724756? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 12) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 336724756? end pointer = 0
Ship Boat doesn't have fire places
Island: vBoxCenter not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\Outside\Shore_4\Guadeloupe_shore_01.ini, distance = 8.624
vBoxCenter = 6.591202,0.000000,-2.619644
Island: vBoxSize not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\Outside\Shore_4\Guadeloupe_shore_01.ini
vBoxSize = 82.511635,0.000000,64.222244
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
resource\models\locations\outside\Plantation\Plantation_locators.gm: can't open geometry file

After black screen system.log says that:

resource\models\locations\outside\Plantation\Plantation_locators.gm: can't open geometry file
I think that is the troublesome line... I will have to test to see if I get the same problem ;)

Another problem that Screwface (being the maker of the problem part) will look at ;)

I have downloaded your save Occide so you can remove the attachment if you want :)

Just going to the location I had NO problem your save game doesn't work with my current game as I have a update (not released) that requires a new game :modding

I did however discover something that may make me change my mind about that part of the quest later on

I will install Patch 3 tomorrow and try that with your save :onya

About the Assassin Main Quest, it seems Pieter didn't fix the infiltration mission on the French lineship. So, line 979 from the quests_reaction.c remove the // (Program\Storyline\Assassin\quests)

Hello!
I have a problem with the Jack Sparrow Quest Brotherhood

I've got to find Pedro's Plantation. I go to Anse Casse-Bois, then i go to the "outskirt", then i turn left to the jungle, then i turn left and BADABOUM! There is just a Black Screen with the date... :urgh
Ok I just installed a COMPLETLY FRESH Build Alpha 9.5 Patch 3
- Loaded your save game
- Ran to the outskirts of fort
- Ran to the jungle using left locator
- Ran through the jungle to the next left locator
- Loaded in the Plantation no problem :shrug

I then even went further and also went to the house and that worked as well :?

So I don't know what is wrong with your game :no

I have a wired behaviour when i set sail or seize them
the sceen beginns to flicker like mad but if i change
angle of view it's gone oh by the way i only reproduced
this in battle. i don't know if it's a bug or just because
i upgraded my grafics card(can it be to powerfull?? HD4890)

gruss raphael

Later after sinking his ship I encountered a group of British ships in combat with pirates. The British saw me as hostile despite my LOM and the fact my relations screen said I was way friendly. I used a false French flag to get into Martinique earlier but was flying the British flag long before the enounter.

Makes me think there is something off in flag recogntion. :keith
It seems that this problem appears with worldmap encounters and i found the reason. I just forgot to delete the recognize attribute when a new encounters group is created :modding
As this type of group uses fantom characters, those characters are re-used with new future groups. So if they have recognized you during a previous meeting (they were in a french nation group for example), the next group you will encounter, even if they are english, as this group re-used the fantom characters with the recognize attribute set on, they will be hotile. So this problem is fixed :keith

Back