• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

About ammo: I have noticed some problems when switching between different inventory parts. I have made some bugfixes for this already. Will be released together with the storyline and that's only hours away now.
New containers: Are they using picture spots on itemsJRH.tga? If so we got a collision there since I have filled that sheet already. Let me know and we'll fix it!
24 shots .... hmm sounds like the very first ammo mod. Is everybody sure that it's not too much?

Regarding ammo, I might have stumbled across something. I sold all of the small shot and powder containers I had and suddenly I had 24-24 shot and powder again. Conflict?

By the way, what did you think of the font, Pieter?
I didn't notice any massive differences. Didn't pay proper attention to it, but it didn't stand out as wrong in any case.
Because I'm halfway the process of renaming folder names and adjusting the code accordingly, my current game version doesn't actually run, but I'll have another look once I'm done and it works again. :doff

About ammo: I have noticed some problems when switching between different inventory parts. I have made some bugfixes for this already. Will be released together with the storyline and that's only hours away now.
New containers: Are they using picture spots on itemsJRH.tga? If so we got a collision there since I have filled that sheet already. Let me know and we'll fix it!
24 shots .... hmm sounds like the very first ammo mod. Is everybody sure that it's not too much?
Sulan re-enabled those items with his latest item-related code changes.

Have you got Patch 7 already? I had your quest merged with Patch 6 and could send you those files to help you on your way.
I'll do what I can to help, of course, but especially the Build 14 Beta 2 WIP files contain a lot of changed item code by Sulan that you might want to have a look at yourself.
Refer to the three files in this folder: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/

1) No I havn't patch 7 installed yet. I'll fix that first.

2) My quest status is right at the moment up to date with patch 6 not any further.
Guess I have to check all files in patch 7 and see if I have any of those too in my quest.
Thanks Pieter but I don't think you have to send me my any files - I have kept good track of which they are (I think).

Where do the Build 14 Beta 2 WIP files come in - the last added things?
3) Please don't come with a new patch before I can finish this.

2. Do you use WinMerge? That's a lifesaver for merging work.
The Beta 2 WIP files contain Sulan's work on the item code, along with various code updates of my own for the Film Ship special effects
You might want to have a look at Sulan's changes, because those are pretty big.

3. I definitely will not release another actual Patch for a while. The next public release is to be Beta 2, which I want to release before the end of the year.
WITH your quest in it. Those Beta 2 WIP files are just some internal files for those wanting to test some of the stuff that didn't make it into Patch 7 or that I coded after Patch 7 was finished.

Indeed I use WinMerge.

I'm downloading patch 7 at the moment.
How can I easy see which files are changed from p6 to p7?
Can you help me with this Pieter?

I'm downloading patch 7 at the moment.
How can I easy see which files are changed from p6 to p7?
Can you help me with this Pieter?
Download the Patch 7 Light installer. Any file in there is different from the Patch 6 version.

what difficulty should I test the instadeath, swashbuckler?

Swashbuckler level makes combat pretty much impossible unless you concentrate all of your skills on melee. I left the tutorial on melee level 3 and am still at level 3 because I hardly ever survive combat.

Adventurer level would let you last longer so you could see what is happening.

Good luck, Jack! As you know, I've been looking forward to your work ever since I've known you were working on it! :woot

Ammo: found some bracket mistake in reload.c . I'll fix the bug it today - I have change there anyway.

.... there is also some some conflict between however a container must be equipped or not.
According to inititems all 4 containers CAN be equipped so I guess that is the meaning.

You can skip any differences that are marked with "PB"; I can merge those later on easily, since it's my code anyway.
But the other code changes by Sulan would probably be good if you had a look at them also.

well, I've gone around and tested the instant death thing and it isn't happening at all to me on adventurer difficulty on the lower levels, that's probably a good thing.

Sounds to me like swashbuckler is working more or less as it should. A harder-than-hard difficulty where you'd have to fight for every inch. At least, that's my opinion on what i highest difficulty should be.

Back