• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Heh, just have to ask. The red lady in La Tourte harbour - what "purpose" does she have? (i Want her sword!)

Do you mean the one in the Tavern - she is a Captain who will join with you - read what she says very carefully. ;)

If after sailing with her for a while you decide to end the partnership & not pay her - you will have to fight and kill her. :yes

Only when playing as Jack sparrow? I mean only when i was jack sparrow (and had raised a pirate flag), did she not try to kill me. Now both as Jean de la Croix and Johan Elting she just tries to kill me. Is there any reason not to just kill her?

Only when playing as Jack sparrow? I mean only when i was jack sparrow (and had raised a pirate flag), did she not try to kill me. Now both as Jean de la Croix and Johan Elting she just tries to kill me. Is there any reason not to just kill her?

She is a Pirate captain - so she will only join forces with other Pirates - or enemies of France - and you have to reach a certain level before she will join you - since she will not join forces with you - you can just kill her ( it could change your reputation & relations with pirates though ).

:ixi

I vaguely recall you uploaded something, but I didn't do anything with it because I was too confused on the deck textures.
Did you take the original deck.tga from Patch 4 and alpha-map that? Or was it another version. I don't remember. :?
It was the original stock game's deck.tga which I added alpha maps to, so there's no need to worry about it being another odd deck texture. :no
Only thing is, deck.tga is located in several places within RESOURCE, and I'm not even sure if I've found them all.
You know that cannon by the workshop in Speightstown port? It still has a black section on it, even after I put the alpha-mapped file in at least three locations. :facepalm

I deliberately left that out, thinking that it might be part of your WIP on using screenshots instead.
I didn't know they were fixes. Sorry about that too. :facepalm
Yeah, don't worry about it. It's part of my endeavour to correct some class references in the Battle Interface pics, by using the correct images for certain ships. ;)
It's unrelated to the screenshot stuff, since that's all in pictures.ini, I think.

What I might do is upload my ships_init when I've had a more thorough look through encounter periods and some more of these BI pics class corrections. :yes

The red lady in the Tortuga tavern is not involved in any quests. :no

miklkit, I have no idea what's happening for you. So that didn't happen with Patch 4?
The only thing I can think of is that the game can't save the options properly, but then that's not a problem that should just magically appear. :wacko:

Experienced Captain, for the workshop, you'd need to put your file in the Textures\Ammo folder.

It'll be great if you can do more period and class corrections and upload your work! :woot

Don't you also need to add/remove some code in ships_init.c to get the screenshots to appear?
After all, you'd usually need to link the ship to the screenshot.
Though of course it does use the ship type, but most ships use another ship's picture at the moment so that'd have to be stopped for it to work.

No one else has this problem? I've used files dl'ed last summer, files dl'ed a few days ago, and Stallions torrent. All give the same result with patch 5. The Stallion files would sometimes get messed up controls with patch 4, but deleting the options folder fixes it. I'm currently playing patch 4 with no problems. Will try again.......

Experienced Captain, for the workshop, you'd need to put your file in the Textures\Ammo folder.
I may already have tried that, but I can't remember, so I'll see what happens. :yes

Don't you also need to add/remove some code in ships_init.c to get the screenshots to appear?
After all, you'd usually need to link the ship to the screenshot.
Though of course it does use the ship type, but most ships use another ship's picture at the moment so that'd have to be stopped for it to work.
Um, no, as I think was said before. The ship models are linked to their screenshots through pictures.ini, where each model name has a reference to a specific section of the image collage.
Ships_ini.c only handles the Battle Interface textures, which are what show up at sea. Those are linked with refShip.BI.Tex and .Pic, under every ship's entry.
Though to be fair, I haven't done much testing yet, but I believe that miklkit's code in pictures.ini, plus my WIP image collage, is working.
All the starting ships, for example, are blank, since they aren't in the collage yet. But they have the new border, further indicating that it's working. :dance

No one else has this problem? I've used files dl'ed last summer, files dl'ed a few days ago, and Stallions torrent. All give the same result with patch 5.
If you mean messed up controls, no I haven't seen it yet, but to be honest I've mostly been testing ship models at sea recently, so not been involved in dialogues. :shrug

:excl: EDIT: Belay what I said about the screenshot code working! :excl:
Turns out miklkit's code has a systematic error; there is no comma between the ship model name and the coordinates of it's corresponding image.
This silly little missing comma is vital to the code working, so needs to be added to every line. :facepalm
When I said it was working due to the blank images, that was my imagination. Ships without their image should appear with the border on a white background.
I tested to see if the commas worked, and several ships in the 'new game' menu have their screenshots now. :dance

Ahh, the joys of On the Job Training. (OJT) :facepalm I looked, and sure enough, there is a comma there. Here is a new list with commas. Is 4 X 2048 X 2048 needed now?

Thanks for that. :onya
No need to worry about the four parts, I've coded that and am still trying to get it to work fully, as posted in the main topic for the screenshots. :facepalm
But if it gets too complicated, we may even need to revert to the other method using one big grid.

Mikey's Chinese Fire Drill part 4.
I copied the patch 4 install, which is working well, installed patch 5 with rename.bat, and deleted the old saves. When I started it the "load" button was lit, so I clicked on it, and the game resumed where I had left off in patch 4. :blink: I played it for a bit and everything worked well. Are the saves saved someplace besides in the save folder?

Are the saves saved someplace besides in the save folder?

I don't think so . :no Whenever I delete the all saves in the save folders I am forced to start a new game.

When you started the game - did you start the game from a desktop icon? Is that icon linked to the Patch 4 game engine rather than the Patch 5 game engine. ( just a thought )

I am assuming that you have 2 games set up.

:facepalm When I copied that game it had a shortcut in it. I moved that shortcut to the desktop and renamed it thinking it would point to the copy, not the original. :modding I just created a new shortcut and now there are no saved games to start. :2up

2 hours later: This is the secret combination that lets patch 5 work for me. I tried a virgin install three different ways and all three had problems with controls. This install, updating patch 4 to patch 5 works fine.

Onward through the fog! :rumgone

I installed the game yesterday on this way:
Original Game
Build 14, beta 1 full.
Build 14, beta 1 - patch 5
... and it works fine for me - no problem - also after 6 hours game play.

Saves elsewhere than the SAVE folder? Nope, that's where they're stored and nowhere else.
Not to mention, I thought I had code in place to prevent you loading Patch 4 saves in Patch 5. :wacko

Just commenting that there are some new uniforms, and one governor appears to have a new animation. But his fingers look a little long to me. :onya

I'm not entirely sure what you mean; no uniforms were added in Patch 5 and we didn't change any governors.
If there's animation issues with characters, please let me know which character it is and I'll see if anything can be done.

Hmm, well ok......... :eek:k

One of my officers is now wearing a Spanish uniform based on the Dutch clothes that I have never seen before.

I have seen two governors that are sitting down moving their hands and fingers that I never noticed before. The governor of Cayman looks great, but the governor of Santiago(?) looks like his fingers are too long. How long have I been not noticing this? :urgh

Hmm, well ok......... :eek:k

One of my officers is now wearing a Spanish uniform based on the Dutch clothes that I have never seen before.

That officer looks like the model for Serafino Masarenhas - except the hanger for his sword is the wrong way round :mm :ixi
And the other spaniard looks like the 18SO model :woot

Back