• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

Armada: I had the runme.bat problem one or two patches ago. The game ran very badly too, so I deleted that POTC install and started over. It worked after that and ran well.

Pillat: The missing files are a symptom of a bad install. Something is wrong and I am surprised that your game runs.

I installed the latest patch last night and all seems to be well.

You have to run one RunMe.bat after installing Beta 2.1 Full and another after installing the Beta 2.5 Update. Are those the two you mean?
Or did you have to run the same file twice after installing the Beta 2.5 Update? That is definitely NOT supposed to happen.
There is only one BAT file included and that should delete itself once it has run. :shock

Me neither. The first thing I keep doing is changing Attack and Block right back to Space and Control. Works fine for me just doing that through the Options menu.
Same for changing backward and forward movement to the mouse buttons last time I checked. Not sure why it is being so difficult for you.
Glad you managed to get it working in the end though. :facepalm

Well I am happy to have it working, but whatever I do in the controls menu does not change fight mode, I don't know what these means but I am happy with the work around.

I have played for about 4 hours real time the only comments I have so far is that looking in every store and ever street merchant I have seen 20 to 30 maps and none have been island maps only dungeons and caves. Might want to check frequency for the island maps? :shrug

Also those funky characters show up from time to time in my boat crew. I haven't seen any walking on land yet.

Looks great so far.

well, my game works well and all files seems to be there, the installation is fine i think. No idea, but the game works.

The Moon is too low xD but everything else works amazing! Great new Beta :)

The position of the moon depends on the time of night. It starts up high and gets lower over time until it is on the horizon, then drops below the horizon.

I know we are just finishing one thing but I wonder if there has been any thought given to adding a gunsmith and apprentices any where else in archipelago, perhaps northeast maybe Cayman or Santiago? Also it would be nice to have another set of blacksmith apprentices Maybe PR or Havana? Just a thought

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes there is a lack of npc's wandering around the towns? It varies from one part of town to another. I have seen none, to just the ones with no weapons, to a few with weapons, to the normal amounts with people everywhere.

I just did a pirate hunting quest off Jamaica and every thing worked perfectly. But I have a question about balancing the difficulty on this. I was in a sloop of war taking on a Kreyser frigate. Now I did pound him with 9 pounder long guns for a while both balls and chain. I was outnumber more than 2-1 and he boarded me. We defeated them on my deck and the next thing you know I am in a one on one in his cabin. That seems a little easy to me. Just saying. :shrug

I love the realignment of the cabins and decks. A real improvement in the game. Three cheers for Armada! :cheers

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I have now played 48 game days, been in all kinds of stores and street vendors and have not seen any island maps and ammo pouches and powder flasks are extremely rare.

I don't if should or can be addressed in this round or not, but when things are working as well as they are I start thinking of things like this. :dance

That seems a little easy to me. Just saying. :shrug

On whoch difficulty do you play? Boarding is very easy at Apprentice and Journeyman, but it gets much more difficult at Adventurer and Swashbuckler, especially Swashbuckler.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I have now played 48 game days, been in all kinds of stores and street vendors and have not seen any island maps and ammo pouches and powder flasks are extremely rare.

I fully agree to that. These Items are very rare, I usually have much difficulties in getting them, even when money is not the problem.

Here's something I'm wondering: does anyone ever manage to find townsfolk who can give you directions to key buildings on islands OTHER THAN those from the original game?
In one example, I landed at Cayman having not visited for quite some time, so I didn't know where the important buildings were (and the Dutch signs don't help ;)) until I stumbled upon them. No-one I spoke to would offer directions; they seemed too preoccupied with giving me unrelated advice and stealing my money.

On whoch difficulty do you play? Boarding is very easy at Apprentice and Journeyman, but it gets much more difficult at Adventurer and Swashbuckler, especially Swashbuckler.

I fully agree to that. These Items are very rare, I usually have much difficulties in getting them, even when money is not the problem.
I play at adventurer.
U

I know we are just finishing one thing but I wonder if there has been any thought given to adding a gunsmith and apprentices any where else in archipelago, perhaps northeast maybe Cayman or Santiago? Also it would be nice to have another set of blacksmith apprentices Maybe PR or Havana? Just a thought
Would admittedly be nice. If anyone would care to add them.

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes there is a lack of npc's wandering around the towns? It varies from one part of town to another. I have seen none, to just the ones with no weapons, to a few with weapons, to the normal amounts with people everywhere.
I seem to have vaguely noticed that as well, but it doesn't make much sense to me. They ARE still around, so it's not like it's not working. :confused:

I think ammo pouches and powder flasks being rare is quite intentional.
Your experience with maps is really weird though. There isn't even any such thing as a rarity value for maps;
as far as the game code is concerned, a dungeon map is the same as an island map. :shock

Here's something I'm wondering: does anyone ever manage to find townsfolk who can give you directions to key buildings on islands OTHER THAN those from the original game?
In one example, I landed at Cayman having not visited for quite some time, so I didn't know where the important buildings were (and the Dutch signs don't help ;)) until I stumbled upon them. No-one I spoke to would offer directions; they seemed too preoccupied with giving me unrelated advice and stealing my money.
They're not there. I have asked many times for people to see if they can add them. It's not difficult to do so:
Just add some characters in the character init files and copy an existing dialog file, adding the directions for the new towns in there instead.
Wouldn't even be excessively time-consuming. But it hasn't happened yet. The only exception is for Eleuthera where tommy61157 did make some dialogs.

They're not there. I have asked many times for people to see if they can add them. It's not difficult to do so:
Just add some characters in the character init files and copy an existing dialog file, adding the directions for the new towns in there instead.
Wouldn't even be excessively time-consuming. But it hasn't happened yet. The only exception is for Eleuthera where tommy61157 did make some dialogs.

Probably something for Beta 3, then? Along with more blacksmiths and gunsmiths as Jason suggested.
Hopefully we can get some other modders involved for these, and I might help out where I can if time permits.

Indeed it would be great if we could get that underway. It'd be another big step in the direction of getting the modpack to a "finished" state.
I'd be quite willing to help other people do this, but I'd prefer not doing it myself. The merging and bugfixing I've been doing is what I can better focus on.
Unless someone else is willing to do that for me...? :wp

I'm at level 8 and have all of the maps and all my officers have ammo pouches and powder flasks except one. Every game is different. For instance I don't have any treasure quests and the jungles seem empty of people.

Nobody offered you a treasure quest? Well, that is pure random chance of course.

Those people-less jungles are a bit weirder. Are they missing in certain locations only or always?
Do you ever get those pick-pocketing/teacher/merchant/treasure map sellers in towns?
How did you start your game? Which storyline? It'd beginning to sound like vcskip all over again. :facepalm

I have 2 treasure quests.
Pieter now that we have "silent pick pockets what is the line up top that tips you off? All I seem to get is "This meeting has really enlightened you. And what is the new frigate class for what used to be called the heavy frigate. 36 at 18 #?

Pieter, go to Eluethera outside of Governors Harbor. There are 4 people there that are just standing. I have never seen that before. Then walk to Alice Town and back. I have not seen anyone there.

Is that the Kreyser class frigate?

I have 2 treasure quests.
Wha? At the same time???

Pieter now that we have "silent pick pockets what is the line up top that tips you off? All I seem to get is "This meeting has really enlightened you.
If that REALLY is what it says, then you aren't being pick-pocketed. If so, it would say "lightened" instead. :rofl

Pieter, go to Eluethera outside of Governors Harbor. There are 4 people there that are just standing. I have never seen that before. Then walk to Alice Town and back. I have not seen anyone there.
Which storyline are you playing?
Four characters just standing? Do they approach you when you come closer and threaten you?
Ordinary highwaymen would do that. But you would have seen PLENTY of those already; they're not uncommon.

Back