• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

Skyworm, those are ALL the logs there are? Not much to go on! Could you try to reinstall up the Beta 2.3 Light and make sure that is working?

This is WEIRD! This version should be working better than any previous one as far as I can tell. It is even DOING that for me.
Haven't yet seen ANY bugs that weren't there before. :shock

Uh oh... It is working ok for me, but I stopped messing with internalsettings.h when I found that there are still no ships in the shipyards.
What settings are you on? I'm going to have to try to replicate that. :facepalm

Yes, there were only thgse 2 error logs. I know usually there have to be three, but there was no third one.

I admit, I did not check if 2.3 was running. Usually, the updates from you simply run.

I suspect it has to do with removing these folders. Usually, I dio not do such thing, und usually, it works.

I'll now try another fresh install as suggested, and get 2.3 running first.

Removing those folders is required and will prevent problems, not cause them.

I am on realistic mode and have tried both shipyard options and they are the same.

That is the type of crash I had when I did not remove those 2 folders. It does not get to the point where it can generate an error log. Could you look at config, engine, and options?
And did you check that the runme.bat had actually run before installing beta 2.3? It usually has to be run twice to work for me.

Cheers,

back again.
I reinstalled the whole game, 2.1, 2.3, checked both running.
Then 2.5. and it starts.

What I have not yet done is installing the latest updates to open sea and that shipyard stuff.

Edit:
Open Sea fix installed still running.

Edit:
Armadas store files installed, still running.

Now I'm really puzzled what have been wrong before. :modding

I am on realistic mode and have tried both shipyard options and they are the same.
Just tested myself:
1. Set game to Realistic Game Mode
2. Started the Devlin Opera storyline
3. Ran straight into the shipyard
4. Saw five ships available for purchase there :confused:

This is what happened to 2.4: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-2-4-test-version-2-available.20513/
I decided to up the number because too much has been changed since and putting the change-log all together would just be a wall of text.
Also, once we have this version stabled up, I don't intend to release another update. Beta 3 will be next. So 2.5 is a nice (half-)round number. :cheeky
Ah, I see. :p

I will try to test this later. Might be some compatibility problems if I keep testing on 2.3.

I got my Tartane at the shipyard in Martinique. It was the only ship there. Then at Grenada there was no ships until I repaired mine, the a topsail schooner appeared. But when I went back the next day it was gone. No ships at all. Those are the only ships I have seen in any shipyard.
Tales of a Chevalier, 1690.

:ahoy

I am now playing 2.5 and I have noticed some issues.

The first is a legacy issue. When you acquire on of the award blades whether off a corpse or by award and equip a blade with 1 or F you always equip the award blade even if you have in your inventory a better blade with a higher grade. The only exception to this is the excellent saber of Nicholas Sharp which appears to trump all blades.

Second I boarded and took a sloop of war with my fast merchantman and it would not let me transfer cannons even though both ships had the same caliber.

The first is a legacy issue. When you acquire on of the award blades whether off a corpse or by award and equip a blade with 1 or F you always equip the award blade even if you have in your inventory a better blade with a higher grade. The only exception to this is the excellent saber of Nicholas Sharp which appears to trump all blades
The game probably looks at the minlevel, which we set to 99 to prevent them showing up randomly.
We'd have to recode that selection code then, I suppose. Maybe some time later; still working on some other things. :facepalm

Ok. I deleted that POTC install, defragged and optimized, and reinstalled from the installers. This time I did not have to run the runme.bat's twice and it now has ships in the shipyard.
So, everything is back to......what is normal now? :nerbz

No. There was a good variety of ships out there. In fact I saw some extremely rare ships like the FWzP. Seeing pirates in tier 5 pinnaces was strange.....

Now the Rossiya is everywhere. I have captured two of them already.

Good to hear. Still weird. I was reminded of the opening post in this thread: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/storyline-period-changes.20557/
Does that sound familiar to you?

Cheers,

I understood that he just did not see the ships he wanted to see. He expected napoleonic style ships, and got something much more old-fashioned.

As I wrote in that thread, I encountered several different ship types in that period, and in a large variety of scale.
But basically, a Barque is just a more common ship to encounter than a famous 100+ guns man'o'war of Louis XIV.

Cheers,

just found something else.

The daily report about crew happiness includes a message about "X days out".
This seems to be grossly wrong here. Take a look:

Any day, my crew is out 24 days more. I strongly guess this is connected to the different timeline in open seas. While direct sail does 1 gamehour = 1 gamehour + 1 gameday, open seas does 1 gamehour = 1 gamehour.
I guess tis is where this 24-fold error comes from.

It's not a big issue, for it does not seem to have any weird side effect (like increased food consumption or such).

That looks like the same fleet I just encountered in the same spot in the same storyline. :rofl

I updated the opening post AGAIN with my new version. Newly included:
- Fix for the Open Sea Mod not staying on
- Fixed and improved Treasure Quests, including improved Map interface (M-Key version)
- Further cleaned up Advanced Options menu (now Game Preferences)
- Some other small things I can't remember right now
Opening post updated with full feature list.

This time I uploaded my FULL code files and not just the changed ones. Please remove your PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders before extracting.
That way, we can ensure you've got the exact same code files that I do.

New game required again, because my Options-cleaning changed too much again. :facepalm

Back