• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

I always play standard storyline. It has never happened to me in any version of the game I have played. I thought of the chest and giving my personal weapons to one of the officers. Hopefully someone can figure out a permanent fix to get this back to where it was.
Did you use to see the the "Ship Repair" reload screen before? If yes, that rules out that DPFader code being the culprit.
That change should have made no difference on the Standard storyline anyway, only on the other ones. :shock

#4 is what happend :oops: didn't read that clearly enough :facepalm

Thanks for the help Pieter :)

EDIT : I noticed you have attached files that fixes problems other people have had in earlier posts, do you recommend downloading them or are they already included in the patch?

No worries; at least we quickly got to the bottom of this one. :doff
Of course the final public Beta 2.5 release will do everything required automatically, so it won't be going wrong.

Do you mean that screen showing a ship that shakes and then returns you to the game? If yes, I always see it.

And ............ the rest of the story. I just went back to the save game and divided the plunder again with no ill effects. My inventory was intact. I know I saw it empty last night but it worked fine today. :modding

Just a suggestion ...

I am actually playing Devlin Opera and met with the notorious Pieter Boelen at San Salvador, where he sat in place of the usual pirate leader.
Unfortunately, and unlike the usual pirate leader, he could not help me improving my relations with the pirates.
This left me sort of stranded there, for I was unable to buy food and - much more important - rum!

So my suggestion now is, when a Quest-NPC like Pieter replaces a usual NPC that has a certain function in his place, try to add this function to the Quest-NPC who replaces the guy. In this case, give Pieter the option to improve relations with pirates, additinally to his quest-dialogue. Or perhaps place a "leaders clerk" nearby who takes over usual leaders dialogues.

Arrghs ... is that new?

Just arrived at Santa Maria del Puerto, talked to the first women there and she told me she recognizes me as a pirate she once has seen during a skirmish staying on quarterdeck ...

It's true I once hoisted the pirate flag, but I did not had any fight while doing so ... I just did to sail unharmed to San Salvador. Where the hell did that woman see me?

I'm innocent! :wp

And ............ the rest of the story. I just went back to the save game and divided the plunder again with no ill effects. My inventory was intact. I know I say it empty last night but it worked fine today. :modding
Not a consistent issue then. Let me know if it happens again. :facepalm

So my suggestion now is, when a Quest-NPC like Pieter replaces a usual NPC that has a certain function in his place, try to add this function to the Quest-NPC who replaces the guy. In this case, give Pieter the option to improve relations with pirates, additinally to his quest-dialogue. Or perhaps place a "leaders clerk" nearby who takes over usual leaders dialogues.
There IS some code to restore the regular governor dialog for that evil little bastard of a Pieter Boelen:
Code:
        case "Moving_right_along":
            pchar.quest.Bonnie_talk = "Needing_family_help";
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Bonnie Devlin"));
            Lai_ActorFollow(characterFromID("Bonnie Devlin"), pchar, "Moving_right_along2", 3.0);
        break;

case "Moving_right_along2":
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bonnie Devlin")].Dialog.Filename = "Bonnie Devlin_dialog.c";
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Bonnie Devlin"));
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Bonnie Devlin"),PChar,"",10.0,1.0);
            Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bonnie Devlin")].dialog.currentnode = "getting_warmer";
            Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Pieter Boelen")].dialog.filename = "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog.c";
        break;
That should be triggered as soon as you choose one of the characters as part of that storyline.

Just arrived at Santa Maria del Puerto, talked to the first women there and she told me she recognizes me as a pirate she once has seen during a skirmish staying on quarterdeck ...
It's true I once hoisted the pirate flag, but I did not had any fight while doing so ... I just did to sail unharmed to San Salvador. Where the hell did that woman see me?
I'm innocent! :wp
Whenever you Hoist a Pirate Flag, it will marked in the code. This can result in people now recognizing you as such.

Aye, thanks Pieter. Both is very helpful.

I did not choose a character because I did not feel ready for continuing the storyline *without* provisions and vital repairs, so I set sail to Hispaniola instead. But it's good to know for my next visit there.

I did not choose a character because I did not feel ready for continuing the storyline *without* provisions and vital repairs, so I set sail to Hispaniola instead. But it's good to know for my next visit there.
Well, there ISN'T any storyline any further. So choosing won't get you into trouble either way. :shrug

Arr had I known that! :modding

Anyway, I just stmbled across another issue.
I can no longer use the "walk to" option in towns and on ships. I'm playing in iron man, but I can't remember this happening before. It's just gone.
:rumgone

You mean Fast Travel is FULLY gone? You do have to find locations first before you can Fast Travel, but after that it should work.
It's been like that in Realistic Game Mode for quite a while.

That's the way I know it, Pieter.

Nay, it's fully gone here. I can't even use fast travel aboard me own ship.

Just tested a bit ....

Started a new game, Master & Commander, iron man.
I can use fast travel there after finding the locations myself. I can immediately use fast travel on board my own ship.

The loaded my Devlin opera game. There I can not use fast travel. When I try, there is that red X. I can not even use fast travel on my own ship.

And to make it even worse, switching to arcade mode does not change it.
Even in arcade mode it is fully gone.

:rumgone

ARRR!

I was able to reproduce the error. I remembered this happened somewhere at San Salvador, so I went back to my old savegames. I found out that the disappearance of the "fast travel" started after I talked to that tavern keeper at San Salvador and asked him about this Pieter Boelen pirate.
So he's the one guilty for all that trouble. I think when I meet him, I'll make him walk the plank .... :walkplank

Well, is this intentional?

Edit 1:
More issues ....

Now with that game reloaded, I went to Pieter and talked to him, the chose Catalina to accompany.
Back to Pieter, I bought better relations to the pirates.

Now ... despite that, the store merchant does not even talk to me. He threatens me to call the guards if I don`t leave. I'm at -30 with the pirates and matey.

Next problem is ... Catalina hinted me to meet my brother Blaze at Jamaica, an english port. The questbook then tells Blaze will be at Nevis.
This is all wrong.
Neither Jamaica nor Nevis are english in this period, they are spanish and are called Santiago and Nuestra Senora de la Nieves. So possibly this quests must be worked over.

At least fast travel works again after talking to Pieter. :dance

Edit 2:
Found out that the pirate merchant not talking to me is because of me being too much nice. Matey is too good. Cheat-moded my reputation so this is no longer a problem.
Is this new? I play pirates quite often and never ever had this problem. And in most gamey, I am hero ... *shrug* Or perhaps tiied to difficulty level? Before I was playing at journeyman level mostly.

Then Fast Travel was disabled for quest purposes to prevent you from bypassing important quest events. It should be re-enabled once you continued with the story.

You can never find Blaze anyway. The furthest you can get is another meeting on Nevis; that is where the story ends.
Not because we want it to end there, but because no continuation was ever made.

Found out that the pirate merchant not talking to me is because of me being too much nice. Matey is too good. Cheat-moded my reputation so this is no longer a problem.
Is this new? I play pirates quite often and never ever had this problem. And in most gamey, I am hero ... *shrug* Or perhaps tiied to difficulty level? Before I was playing at journeyman level mostly.
That was supposed to be happening before, but I hadn't written the code properly, so it hadn't been working. It's been fixed now though. :wp

Only been playing a little bit now and then the last few days. Recovering now but still pretty ruff around the edges and noticed that I am at level 8, melee and leadership at 4, but luck is only 2. Luck has always been about the same as leadership for me and I do notice the lack of luck.

Well, since you asked.. even though I play arcade mode, I liked that requirement to have clock and compass equipped.
Adding it into the Options menu would make things a bit complicated, I think. So I added it as an additional InternalSetting.h toggle:
Code:
// ======================================
// REALISM OPTIONS:
// ======================================
// Included in Realistic Game Mode:
#define NAVIGATION_EQUIPMENT    0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Items required for certain navigational information to become available
// Included in Iron Man Mode:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
#define ITEM_REALISM            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)
Anything else you'd like to have added there from Realistic Game Mode?

And a question to ALL players: Has anyone been encountering any lockpicks lately?
I never seem to randomly find them. And I wants them! Didn't add them for nothing! :whipa

There are lockpicks? I always use a knife for that .... so nay, I haven't ever seen a lockpick since I'm plyaing this game.

Back