• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

Have a look in PROGRAM\Towns\Towntable.c function LaunchRandomTownEvent . That shows you exactly what each event does.
It basically increases or decreases a town's economy. Malaria in a town would lower its defences, making that a good time to attack if you want to do so.
Not entirely sure what difference a GOOD economy makes though.

BTW: Has anyone seen any of these events in an UNNAMED town? I saw one the other day and wonder if it could have been Cartagena.
For the next update, I have added the missing common.ini entried for Cartagena, so if something really affects that town, hopefully we will be able to see it.

I have never understood what the rumors meant thanks,

Also I have never heard of unnamed town or Cartegena.

:ahoy

You seem to be fixing things that haven't worked in years. Thank you. The only thing that I can remember being a problem, that is still a problem is that sometimes the dead captain of captured vessel is not lootable is any one looking into that?

This game is now working better than ever and looks better than ever great job, everyone. :bow

Cheers Pieter,

Albatrosses I had from time to time. But since the description made me suspicious, I never ever took one :wp

One problem with such items I see is that one simply does not know what they do. And about what items do or not do I don't like to guess. Either I know for sure, or I would not touch it.

They mess up your ratings.

What?? Another WIP? I wuz just about to bitch about the melee again. Level 12, melee 4 with battle cuirass and excellent Solingen rapier and I am a 2 stroke kill with the block up. :ko Even Joshamee Gibbs, who is a 10-10 is almost dying in one on one fights. :duel:

What is the new stuff supposed to fix?

EDIT: Do not delete your options folder! The new one is blank.

Attachments

• error.log
    10.2 KB · Views: 169
In fact it appears to be a problem in the program folder. Putting the wip 3 version back in gets the options folder working again.

Cheers,

I'll look into that new wip this evening. Will finish one last voyage before :keith

In the meantime, I found another one.

I have been playing in iron mode this whole game.
Now I thought I'd like to test ne new realism setting in InternalSettings.h.
Set all to 1 except world map travel to 0.
So that I have almost iron man mode, except of world map travel being available.
At least that wa smy idea.

Now this is what I get:

As you see, I have the world map icon in upper left corner, but I can not select the world map in lower left command line.

Note that I set game realism to realistic instead of iron man now, because I did not want to make one option override the other.

And another one ...

Buried Treasure at Las Tortugas (Cayman)
Description in quest log says, go ashore at Sand Bluff, find a cave in jungle, find treasure in cave.
Unfortunately, there is no cave in the nearby jungle. 2 areas of jungle there, leading to 2 houses in jungle, but no cave.
:rumgone

Possibly that guy who sold me the map messed up locations. There is a cave at Las Tortugas, but it is not reached from Sand Bluff, but from Cayman Kay, which is just near port Cumana.
I will go there and find out, and then sail back and make that guy walk the plank
:walkplank

Well, tried it out.
This one did not work at all. There were pirate sin that cave, but no treasure at all, except a rusted sword laying there.
Now I remember, there has not been a pirate ship attacking me when I approached the island.
So, possibly this is one of the guys who lied? Well then, such thing happen ...

I have seen and used all the medical items, although Turpeth is extremely rare and I have never found a use for laudanum.
They all have the same use: to increase your maximum HP at the Apothecary.
I've just set them all to the same rarity value, so hopefully you will be finding about equal amounts now.

Also I have never heard of unnamed town or Cartegena.
Cartagena is the capital of Columbia. It IS defined as town in the code, but cannot be visited at the moment.
It is added for a future storyline update by Bartolomeu. The locations ARE there and are quite unique too, but at the moment are unused.

:ahoy

You seem to be fixing things that haven't worked in years. Thank you.
This game is now working better than ever and looks better than ever great job, everyone. :bow
Glad to see we're finally getting there! I had been dubious on ever being able to make a finished Build 14, but now I'm thinking we may actually manage it before the end of the year! :dance

The only thing that I can remember being a problem, that is still a problem is that sometimes the dead captain of captured vessel is not lootable is any one looking into that?
Maybe I can have a look once Beta 3 is done; would need to encounter the problem first and for that I need to... *shudders*.... PLAY!
Auto-Loot now being on by default might make a difference though?

What?? Another WIP? I wuz just about to bitch about the melee again. Level 12, melee 4 with battle cuirass and excellent Solingen rapier and I am a 2 stroke kill with the block up. :ko Even Joshamee Gibbs, who is a 10-10 is almost dying in one on one fights. :duel:
That'll be a different problem from the "fencing skill not increasing" then. :facepalm

What is the new stuff supposed to fix?
The feature list in the opening post is up-to-date.

In fact it appears to be a problem in the program folder. Putting the wip 3 version back in gets the options folder working again.
Can you elaborate? I just tested, but cannot seem to break it. All working fine. :facepalm

As you see, I have the world map icon in upper left corner, but I can not select the world map in lower left command line.
Good catch! You're absolutely right! Turns out that the "disable Sail To" code and "disable Worldmap" code were grouped together.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE to fix this. :doff

Buried Treasure at Las Tortugas (Cayman)
Description in quest log says, go ashore at Sand Bluff, find a cave in jungle, find treasure in cave.
Unfortunately, there is no cave in the nearby jungle. 2 areas of jungle there, leading to 2 houses in jungle, but no cave.
There are TWO caves on Cayman (Las Tortugas).

Now I remember, there has not been a pirate ship attacking me when I approached the island.
Once your luck gets above 3, sometimes the pirate ship may not be there.

So, possibly this is one of the guys who lied? Well then, such thing happen ...
If you are being lied to, you WILL still find the chest. It'll just be empty.

Attachments

• BattleInterface.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 155
What I did: DLed WIP4. Sent program and resource/ini and options to the recycle bin.
Extracted WIP4 to POTC. Tried to set options but in preferences all lines were blank.
Restored old options folder and the lines were still blank.
Restored program and preferences is back to normal.
Restored resource/ini and am back to WIP3 and all is well.

I have the same problem. After deleting my options and ini folders, extracting 2.5 "Game Options" went blank, making it unable to modify the realism settings and the other stuff.

AH! Game Preferences menu! Indeed I didn't check that and you're absolute right. Looks like that attempted fix of mine is NOT having the intended results.
Let me see what to do about that. :facepalm

Extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE . That should work. Shame that my attempted restoration of the "Profiles" system didn't work.
At least this will prevent error messages and still allow things to work. :shrug

Attachments

• option_screen.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 154
Good catch! You're absolutely right! Turns out that the "disable Sail To" code and "disable Worldmap" code were grouped together.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE to fix this. :doff
Will do.

There are TWO caves on Cayman (Las Tortugas).
Errm ... I am perfectly sure there are not. I explored this area recently, and of course took a very close look again when searching for it. And paths in jungle are not that hard to find at all.
Sand Bluff --> Jungle
Jungle --> Jungle --> House in Jungle
--> House in Jungle
I really haven't found a cave there nor do I have any clue where it shall be.
I'll take a look again, but if you can give a hint, I'd be happy. I just want to test this before starting wip-4.

Arr thanks, I already had forgotten about that one.

Edit:
Nay, doesn't help.

That very nicely explain how to find the cave near Cayman Kay. But that I found, and there wa sno treasure.

The one I search is to be found near Sand Bluffs.
And there is no cave.

I have walked all over Hispanola in the Jungle and in the town of Point a Pierte and there are no random people anywhere. Only soldiers and quest characters, :shrug
2.5_4

I have walked all over Hispanola in the Jungle and in the town of Point a Pierte and there are no random people anywhere. Only soldiers and quest characters, :shrug
2.5_4

I have the same problem in some towns, also asking the barkeep for latest rumors causes a CTD for me.

2.5_4
Random characters are switched off in certain quest cases. Which storyline are you playing?
The Bartolomeu one applies the "vcskip" attribute to several locations on Hispaniola early in the game. Could that be it?

I have the same problem in some towns, also asking the barkeep for latest rumors causes a CTD for me.
Just checked, but I have random characters in port at the beginning of the Assassin storyline just fine.
Also now CTD when asking for news at the tavern. Does that always happen or only sometimes?

Back