• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

Can you post your compile.log, system.log and possible error.log, please?

I am in the standard storyline.
Is that straight from the start or after a certain point in the game? Have you been playing any quests?
At some points in some storylines, the .vcskip attribute is added to the player instead of a location. That would have the effect you mention.

Can you post your compile.log, system.log and possible error.log, please?

Is that straight from the start or after a certain point in the game? Have you been playing any quests?
At some points in some storylines, the .vcskip attribute is added to the player instead of a location. That would have the effect you mention.

This has occurred at the start of new game I wound up on the beach after my ship wrecked and started walking.

Dunno where else to put this so, When you start an ambush at Marigot one of the Dutch soldiers spawns in your boat. Is this intentional?
Marigot ambush.jpg

xxzoltanxx: Can you make a savegame in that Eleuthera tavern, zip it up and post it here? Let's find out if it crashes for me too.

This has occurred at the start of new game I wound up on the beach after my ship wrecked and started walking.
I'll check the Stormy Start code for vcskip use. :yes

Dunno where else to put this so, When you start an ambush at Marigot one of the Dutch soldiers spawns in your boat. Is this intentional?
NO! :shock

Good catch! You're absolutely right! Turns out that the "disable Sail To" code and "disable Worldmap" code were grouped together.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE to fix this. :doff

Short question:
Is that file for WIP-4, or was it for WIP-3?

xxzoltanxx: Can you make a savegame in that Eleuthera tavern, zip it up and post it here? Let's find out if it crashes for me too.

I'll check the Stormy Start code for vcskip use. :yes

NO! :shock

I think that should lead to the problem because I just started another game and had the same result. Except for soldiers and other NPCs the island is deserted.

Thanks.

Another issue:
In game preferences, there are empty lines between "sail ho message level" and "real cannons".
Is this intentional?

For WIP-4. You need a WIP-3 one?
I would have needed then ... because that was still in wip-3. When I used your file there, it killed my install. Renistalled then and went to wip-4.

No. Deleting the "options" file should put that back to normal.
Aye, that's what I just found out.

Now alle I'll need to do is to decide which era and story I'll start ... arghhs.
:shrug

Soon, soon. Soon Beta 2.5 will be released and that will mean NO more new test versions for a while.
Because I'll need time to get the merging done for a Pre-Beta 3 release. That'll take some time and effort.

I think that should lead to the problem because I just started another game and had the same result. Except for soldiers and other NPCs the island is deserted.
Just did one regular Stormy Start and one Evil Stormy Start. In both instances, there WERE random characters about.
The line I suspected of being missing is also there:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(PChar,"vcskip");
You could try executing that line manually through console and see if that makes any difference.
But for now, I cannot replicate the problem. :facepalm

How odd, because after four separate stormy starts on two different islands I haven't seen a single random character. Obviously, my even though I have the most recent version, 2.5_4 I must not an identical version to the one you are using otherwise it would hard to explain these different results. I have now started six games on three different islands on one I found on set of four bandits in the jungle other wise nothing. In the one game I went to the ship instead of sailors walking around I found one and only one in the crew quarters.

Is there a frequency setting somewhere on random characters? That might explain it.

What and where is the console?

I find the Curacao coast, Bocht Van Hato, impossible to locate ( i think im in the right place ( a sandy beach at the position on the map)) and i can't make the "moor" option to appear is it only me??

Bocht Van Hato is on the SouthWest corner of the island. It is possible to get too close to shore and be inside the "drop anchor" area.

I just did Vigila Mendez in the Chevalier storyline. Everything went according to plan until after the final payoff, where he is now stuck in the merchants store doing nothing. Normally after the final dialog he walks out.
I also saw Baldewyn Coffier and he seems to be ok.

Bocht Van Hato is on the SouthWest corner of the island. It is possible to get too close to shore and be inside the "drop anchor" area.

I just did Vigila Mendez in the Chevalier storyline. Everything went according to plan until after the final payoff, where he is now stuck in the merchants store doing nothing. Normally after the final dialog he walks out.
I also saw Baldewyn Coffier and he seems to be ok.

Glad to hear it basically works! I'll see if I can figure out where in the both_reactions file he should be convinced to leave the store... :walkplank

Besides the missing options, that have been fixed, there is no longer a "thumbnail" of the current location when saving or loading anymore. The save file is created and can be used, but there is no image in the list.

On the stormy start no random characters problem I am having. I have reinstalled 2.5_4 and that did not fix the problem. So I am going back to 2.5_3. To see if that works.

Obviously, my even though I have the most recent version, 2.5_4 I must not an identical version to the one you are using otherwise it would hard to explain these different results.
But that is the whole point of removing the PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders first: So that you WILL have the exact same code files that I do!
And indeed that IS why I'm having a hard time explaining it. :facepalm

Is there a frequency setting somewhere on random characters? That might explain it.
Not really. In towns, there are ALWAYS random characters around. If they're not there, something IS wrong.

What and where is the console?
Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(PChar,"vcskip");
Load your savegame, press F12 and see if they do show up afterwards.

Also, to be certain: Are you using the file attached to this post of mine yet?
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-version-4-available.20593/page-9#post-451990
I'm not sure how much is being thrown out of whack without that fix. :facepalm

Besides the missing options, that have been fixed, there is no longer a "thumbnail" of the current location when saving or loading anymore. The save file is created and can be used, but there is no image in the list.
Just tested that in my game version and those thumbnails are still working fine for me.
AGH! I cannot fix problems if I cannot replicate them! :modding

Back