• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Even just that is more than we can get done.
We don't really have anyone to do ship model work.
And we'd want things to of reasonable quality too
We'll probably have to make it a Build 15 wish.

Even just that is more than we can get done.
We don't really have anyone to do ship model work.
And we'd want things to of reasonable quality too
We'll probably have to make it a Build 15 wish.
No problem, I just say things, you've done extraordinary work for this game already.

So a few questions:

- Anyone found any way to overpowered captains on ships where they shouldn't be that high?
- Anyone found any ships in the shipyards which had to much upgrades or where all ships to expensive and would you like some more without upgrades etc?
- Anyone encountered officers and/or captains which had perks or skills which they shouldn't have according to you?

So a few questions:

- Anyone found any way to overpowered captains on ships where they shouldn't be that high?
- Anyone found any ships in the shipyards which had to much upgrades or where all ships to expensive and would you like some more without upgrades etc?
- Anyone encountered officers and/or captains which had perks or skills which they shouldn't have according to you?
In San Juan, i've seen a fully upgraded lanteen caravel at the shipyard once.

New Installer EXE Now Available!
WARNINGS: New Game ENFORCED and options will be restored to default again

Reason for the New Game requirement is because I seem to have noticed quite some incomplete situations with the ZIPs for some reason.
In other words: I've got no clue if everybody's games are up-to-date like they should have been and what kind of weirdness that might cause.
This way at least we'll all be on the exact same page again.

New stuff:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.5:
- New Features:
  . Improved Select Storyline Interface by Levis and Pieter Boelen
  > New starting characters added by Pedrwyth and TechnicJelle
- Code Updates:
  . New musket style guns added by Jack Rackham
  . Changes to amount of XP gained by Levis
  . Added missing description for Corsair Upgrade by Jason Maffettone
- Bug Fixes:
  . More fixes to abilities by Levis
  . Scroll functionality added to Questbook Interface by Levis
  . Store looting crash fixed by Pedrwyth
  . Random Town Events skipped for disabled towns, but enabled for certain pirate towns by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Sidequests:
  > Moulin sidequest corrected for Early Explorers by Grey Roger
  . Standard Storyline:
  > Black Pearl stats improved by Grey Roger
  > Officers being erased after Storm Scene fixed by Pieter Boelen

Last edited:
If you want to be able to buy "Ayahuasca" from the Indian Trader at Aruba, be sure to install the ZIP from the opening post AFTER the new EXE.
I just remembered that I didn't see that in the code for some reason and this will add it right back.

If you want to be able to buy "Ayahuasca" from the Indian Trader at Aruba, be sure to install the ZIP from the opening post AFTER the new EXE.
I just remembered that I didn't see that in the code for some reason and this will add it right back.

This works well. Some interesting effects from the "Ayahuasca". Did loose one officer though - he just couldn't take it.:D

This works well. Some interesting effects from the "Ayahuasca". Did loose one officer though - he just couldn't take it.:D

Don't expect it will always be this easy to get it ;).

Opening post ZIP updated again with @Levis' latest stuff and some extra changes as mentioned elsewhere on the forum.
Biggest changes for testing:
Code:
  . Improved Smuggling by Levis
  > The coastguard can show up at any moment, so even before you talked to the smugglers
  > Possibility to send officers on scouting duty for smuggling

I'd say this is pretty relevant too:
Code:
- Proffesional Navy and LoM now affect sellprices for the shipyard

I'd say this is pretty relevant too:
Code:
- Proffesional Navy and LoM now affect sellprices for the shipyard
Very much so! Which reminds me, we should probably edit the governor dialog file to mention that to prevent unexpected surprises by the players.

Opening post ZIP file updated once again.

One MAJOR updated compared to yesterday: We now have a complete set of pre-defined characters for the "Free Play" storyline selection.
This means that each nation has at least one navy and non-navy character available with a reasonable spread of different periods and player types.
So now is the time to be VERY CRITICAL of all the customization in the Select Storyline Interface!
Please have a look and post any comments you might have here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/custom-pre-defined-character-choices.24995/

Full change list since I last posted a proper change log update (=last week):
Code:
- New Features:
  . Improved Select Storyline Interface by Levis and Pieter Boelen
  > Interface elements enabled and disabled as appropriate to prevent errors
  > Full selection of starting characters added by Pedrwyth and TechnicJelle
  . Improved Commissioned Player Type by Grey Roger & Pieter Boelen:
  > Reduced sale price for ships
  . Improved Privateer Gameplay by Pieter Boelen:
  > Reduced sale price for ships
  . Improved Smuggling by Levis
   > The coastguard can show up at any moment, so even before you talked to the smugglers
  > Possibility to send officers on scouting duty for smuggling
- Code Updates:
  . Early Explorers some sidequests disabled as appropriate by Pieter Boelen
  . One attribute to control random encounters instead of two by Pieter Boelen
- Bug Fixes:
  . SetRank rewritten to work correctly for NPCs and promotions/demotions by Pieter Boelen
  . More fixes to abilities by Levis, including icon updates by Armada
  . Personal Shipyard crash fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Persistent items added to prevent reinit errors by Levis
  . "Nathaniel Hawks" in personal forts fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Nighttime weather-related error logs fixed by Levis
  . Appearance of Itemsbox Interface opened through F2 menu fixed by Levis
- Storyline Updates:
  . Hornblower Storyline:
  > Lieutenant Quelp appearance on Antigua fixed by Grey Roger
  > Quest loop after end fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Model and Texture Updates:
  . Eduardo Villanueva character model added by Jack Rackham

Code:
 . Eduardo Villanueva character model added by Jack Rackham
Who's he? Wikipedia shows this guy, whose only benefit to the game is to be so far out of the time periods that he makes even steamships look relevant. xD He has, however, reminded me of a potential French candidate...

Who's he? Wikipedia shows this guy, whose only benefit to the game is to be so far out of the time periods that he makes even steamships look relevant. xD He has, however, reminded me of a potential French candidate...
This guy: http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Eduardo_Villanueva
He's a PotC series "pirate lord" who is used in one of the sidequests, but didn't look even remotely like his movie counterpart.
@Jack Rackham did that model by my request. See here for details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/tales-of-jack-sparrow-storyline-update-cotbp-dmc-awe.13244/

While you can select him as starting character, he isn't one of the pre-defined choices as he is meant for quest use instead.

Still couldn't find time to try out the new patch.. lot of work since last week. Hopefully this weekend my schedule shall be freed up! :modding

Back