• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Well, I tried that latest patch and it will not start. Some sort of compile error.

Attachments

• error.log
    117 bytes · Views: 97
I am more concerned with my blood pressure than any game, so am playing 3.3 until something can be figured out. Maybe a new clean 3.5 install will help. Or maybe not.
Why don't you try the whole Beta 3.3 > Beta 3.4 NoLag fix range again? I think the files are still attached to their respective forum posts.
The closer you can get to a Beta 3.4 game version that does play smooth, the closer we'll be to potentially solving this.

It is a tough one though because it seems only you have any clear issue with it and I am unable to replacate it.
And even for you it is really very fuzzy on when the performance issues get introduced.
Which means that we cannot narrow it down which means there is nothing that can be done to fix it because we don't even know where it comes from.

By the way, you did end up trying that NoLag modification I prepared for a Beta 3.5 WIP, right? Did you notice any difference using that?
If you had lag in the shipyard interface, with that patch installed, at the very least you should notice a clear difference again because that should restore all shipyard-related code to Beta 3.3 state.

Well, I tried that latest patch and it will not start. Some sort of compile error.
When did you download it? I did end up replacing the file about an hour after I posted because I had failed to include the ZIP-contents.
Anyway, looks like I've got my work cut out for me next week. :facepalm

Also, what did you install it on top of? I didn't actually check on a clean game version due to lack of time, so perhaps I ended up missing out on some files because of that.

So.... I deleted all 3.3-3.4, 3.4, 3.5 installs and did a defrag. Then made a new install starting with the good stock POTC, then installing 3.5 on top of it using Part 2 as usual.

Got the same error message as in post #142........

Last edited:
Program\loc_ai\lai_stunned.c if I remember.

If you still have the latest zip from this thread's opening post, it might work to install that on top and then use the installer to install the latest update only again.

But basically, if the Beta 3.5 WIP doesn't work now, I'll just have to fix it next week.

This problem Im pretty sure, has already been mentioned, but I dont think it was resolved or very deeply looked into at the time, so... I too am getting a runtime error when starting the game. At the end of the loading sequence shown on the popup when you launch the .exe. It points to the exe its self and says, "abnormal program termination". Error report following, just the same as the previous mention though.

Anyone else with this issue running a no CD cracked .exe? I installed 3.5 a few days ago, upgrading from a version of 3.4 that lacked some of the later post updates. Finally Im running an intel fix that doesnt seem to be the same as the one that comes with the download. That one never seemed to work for me.

Attachments

• error.log
    117 bytes · Views: 85
That is the error I got. It will probably take Pieter all of one minute to fix when he gets around to it in a few days. In the meantime, have patience.

Indeed the crash on installation must be a compilation issue.
I'll check that when I'm near my game files again next week. Should not be too hard to solve.

Opening post updated again. The ZIP contains the files missing from the installer EXE and should allow the game to function after installing it.

I'll get to the other stuff that was reported over the next few days.

Could anyone confirm if yesterday's ZIP does get a clean Beta 3.5 install to actually run again?

Are you sure it ended up extracted to the correct folder? The LAi_stunned.c that it crashed on is actually included this time and should be correct too. :shock
:shrug I installed the installer in the usual way leaving out the main files from part 2.

Opening post ZIP updated again. This fixes the missing Aztec Compass and should also solve various sidequests not working.
Shoudl be another step in the right direction....

New game required for quest items and missing characters to be initialized properly.

Nelson storyline: After this update Saving Toffs Daughter can not be done anymore.
Missing dialog when you go to port.
Hard labors of an Assassin: there is still no Ambroz Bricenos in the tavern on Grenada.
Still on Nelson and after starting a new game? Do you have any log files for Toff?
Wrong dialog sounds weird because that is a common shared file now that I didn't touch yesterday.

Pieter says :
"Still on Nelson and after starting a new game? Do you have any log files for Toff?
Wrong dialog sounds weird because that is a common shared file now that I didn't touch yesterday."
Yes still on Nelson and started a new game. It is not a wrong dialog,but a missing dialog, the dialog
should appear when You goes through the gate to port, it dont come up. Log files says:
ERROR - Unable to load storyline\Nelson\quests\both_reaction.c!!!

Attachments

• compile.log
    17.7 KB · Views: 92
  • error.log
    499 bytes · Views: 88
Back