• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

might be the wrong place, but on Barbados, when exiting Bridgetown, the name in the top corner is still Oxbay canyon.
Good catch. I've just made some changes to PROGRAM\Locations\init\Oxbay.x to hopefully fix this.
See attached. New game required for the change to take effect. Could anyone confirm if this makes it display properly as "Barbados canyon"?
All good now! :onya
seadogs2_0001.jpg

This an excerpt from the "Defaultcontrols file". I figure these control keys cannot be changed right? Therefore the (not changable ingame). Because I am trying to make it so i can use the "UP" and "Down" instead of the "W" and "S" buttons to scroll trough dialogues. I tried modifying it, switching keys around and it did not respond at all. I could not even move up and down the dialogue anymore.

// ======================================
// Interfaces and Dialogs (not changable ingame)
// ======================================
#define CTL_INTERFACE_NAV_UP "VK_UP"
#define CTL_INTERFACE_NAV_DOWN "VK_DOWN"

#define CTL_INTERFACE_NAV_LEFT "VK_LEFT"
#define CTL_INTERFACE_NAV_RIGHT "VK_RIGHT"

#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_UP "KEY_W"
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_UP_ALT "VK_MBUTTON" // KK
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_DOWN "KEY_S"

You misunderstood what it means by "not changeable in game". It means you have to exit the game to make any changes here.

I also like using the UP and DOWN keys for dialogs. They are easily changed. At the bottom of the defaulcontrols.h file there is a list of buttons that can be used and how they need to be named.

For instance you want to change KEY_W and KEY_S to VK_UP and VK_DOWN. It works for me! :cheers

#define CTL_DIALOG_SELECT "VK_SPACE"
#define CTL_DIALOG_SELECT_ALT "VK_LBUTTON" // KK
#define CTL_DIALOG_CANCEL "VK_ESCAPE"
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_UP "VK_UP"
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_UP_ALT "VK_MBUTTON" // KK
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_DOWN "VK_DOWN"
#define CTL_DIALOG_CHOICE_DOWN_ALT "VK_RBUTTON" // KK
#define CTL_DIALOG_SCROLL_UP "VK_PRIOR"
#define CTL_DIALOG_SCROLL_DOWN "VK_NEXT"

You can edit that file manually, but you have to Reset Controls to Default after making the changes for them to take effect. :doff

I am guessing we all have grainy textures right, you know with the swords looking like minecraft when sheathed or the edges of the player and npcs. I have my game set to all high with a resolution that matches my computer's and with ENB on. Thanks you a lot Peter and Hylie.

I do not know what Minecraft is. Many players do not set their AA and AF high enough and the game looks blocky. The higher settings are hard on frame rate though. Here are my settings and how they look.
POTC settings.jpg beta3 2013-11-13 16-43-37-71.jpg

Minecraft graphics in PotC? Do you have a screenshot? Doesn't sound right.

Really? That's a first. But anyway I don't use Godmode anymore. Hehehe. :D
Yep, basically any explosion ranging from grenades to boobytraps can bypass Godmode. I assume these explosives items were modded in the game and are not included in the Godmode list of "Zombie friendly" like swords and guns.

Last edited:
GOOD GOD MAN! :ko

Hylie don't get started playing minecraft... Because when you start... you don't stop... Game came out in 2011 and people are still nuts about it. Some people have actually built working computers in game using wood, stone, torches, and wires.... don't ask me how but theyve done it lol

Back