• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Perhaps your computer is doing something wrong. Please show your .log files and hopefully they'll indicate what is wrong.

RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.c; line: 457
missed attribute: ani
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.c; line: 457
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\permanent_crewmember_dialog.c; line: 20
missed attribute: officerprice
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\permanent_crewmember_dialog.c; line: 20
no rAP data

Just check the first post of this topic. It has all the info.

Btw Jason does the game run and do you just get these errors or doesn't it run at all?

Did you place the archive and the installer in the same folder when installing and did you select the right options at the install?

You had POTC running before. All you had to do was replace the beta 3 installer with the beta 3.1 installer and run it according to the instructions in the 1st post of this thread.

If you did that and it crashed, then I suspect a bad download.

:ahoy Hylie,

I think the most likely cause of this was user error, but I will take bad down load. Now besides Levis's fix the world map problem are there any other fixes I need to add?

Not for now. There are some fixes scattered around that you could try, but the best thing to do is just wait until the next official patch comes out. More easier. :pirate07: It is what I'm going to do.

The biggest hitch has been fixed.

After playing beta 3.1 for a few days I still can't make the crew weapons during boarding. I haven't been able to get any weapon to be used by my crew. I have gunman ability and my officers and I use fine brace of large pistols. I have pistol ammunition in weapons locker. I have tried braces of pistols and scrapper pistols and they don't work. In earlier versions of the build I think all the higher level pistols were effectively used by crew during boarding, so if I am not in my dotage, something has been changed. So can anyone tell me what type of firearms work for the boarding crew.

2. The problem of going from the map to ship to ship combat has been fixed (thanks Levis) but maybe 20% of the time the ships still aren't around. Other times they are at distance. I presume this is by design?

3. Welcome home, Pieter. :cheers

Thanks.

I only give my crew the single shot pistols because as far as I know they can only use single shot weapons. I tried giving them muskets but they looked too big for the crowded deck.

2. I don't think so...............

Musketoons shoot anyone in the area it is aimed at. That means it can shoot your officers and men, or you. It is called friendly fire.

What happens if you put completely low-level firearms in there? Do they still not use it then?

As for the worldmap combat problem, did you install Levis' separate fix? Because it is not yet included in the main download files.

What happens if you put completely low-level firearms in there? Do they still not use it then?

As for the worldmap combat problem, did you install Levis' separate fix? Because it is not yet included in the main download files.
I will try the long pistols and see.

I did install Levis' fix and before that I never found any ships coming form the world map.

Shame though that Musketoons don't really work out for boardings as historically they ARE intended specifically for that very purpose. :facepalm

Back