• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Indeed it is. Sorry, not paying attention. :facepalm
This seems to be the one:
Code:
ERROR - Missing Character ID: Enc_Char4
Seems to be related to the "Rapers" in the jungle.
Apparently the character should have been generated in the LEnc_LoginCorrectParams function in PROGRAM\LandEncounters\LEnc_login.c .
Not sure why that isn't happening properly. @Levis....? Any thoughts?
No idea why this is happening.
Might be the F11 you mentioned has something to do with it.
I will first focus on the smuggeling cause that seems to be a larger problem.

This should fix it. At least in your savegame it now works :).

As always sir :bow

I replace the files you give me on my game right?

Oh, i downloaded also the smuggling fix you put. I will test it soon ;)

By the way @Pieter Boelen , it is best to wait at least half a week after all final fixes to conclude the release of Beta 3.2. What do you think?

Last edited:
By the way @Pieter Boelen , it is best to wait at least half a week after all final fixes to conclude the release of Beta 3.2. What do you think?
Great idea. Except I do not have that much time. The latest possible release would have to be this Friday.
If I wait longer, somebody else is going to have to release it for me. :shrug

Great idea. Except I do not have that much time. The latest possible release would have to be this Friday.
If I wait longer, somebody else is going to have to release it for me. :shrug

Oh, then release it tomorrow, it doesn't matter, i just wanted to ask the final date.

Don't expect anymore from me unless something really goes wrong then I will try to fix that tomorrow morning when I'm back.

Oh Pieter, I was on the beach with Francois Moulin where he was loading your ship and your ship was not there.
beta3 2014-05-14 14-28-01-13.jpg

Oh well, I will be formatting that hard drive and doing a new install next week so maybe it will reappear.

@Pieter could you send me the files for the installer one last time? Then I will try to make a update some times when you are gone.

Btw in the titel on moddb it still says released on oct 7

@Pieter could you send me the files for the installer one last time? Then I will try to make a update some times when you are gone.
Here you go: http://piratesahoy.net/build/potc_installer_files.7z
Only thing not included in there is the "b14_beta3_update" folder itself, but you should be able to get that out of the Installer EXE.

Btw in the titel on moddb it still says released on oct 7
Oh, you mean the Release Date? That is:
"Release estimate*
Select the date your mod was (or you estimate it will be) first released. Select TBD (to be decided) if you do not yet know the date."

It was "TBD" for the longest of times, but I set it to actually "released" last year just so people would be able to vote and write reviews for it.

:ahoy

Kudos to those who have worked on the latest update.

I have played for several hours and am enjoying many new features.

I do of course have a few questions.

1. I noticed the ships choices at the new game are limited to classes 7&8, I presume that is intentional, yes?

2. I notice that some of the books I have are not adding skill points. Is that because I have an albatross or tw0 in my chest or is it a glitch?

3. On a couple of occasions, my privateering crew has demanded salary, this seems to occur when I enter the Blacksmith shop on Bonaire and Puerto Rico.

4. Still no evidence of my crew using firearms during boarding. Perhaps I am missing a step. Which firearms work, do you have to the appropriate weapons require ammo in the chest?
Any help would be a appreciated.

5. There seem to be many fewer ships in the Sea Lanes and so far I have found pirates only around that islands. If pirates are using normal sails and the ships on the world map, are showing national paint, how does one id pirate ships on the world map?

6. Finally where is that tailor who needs help with needle and thread?

Thanks and great job , everyone?
:thumbs1

Glad you are enjoying it! :cheers

1. Huh? I started a new game with the Polacca which is a class 6 ship.

2. Some of the books unlock a skill and do not unlock said skill until they are examined.

3. Now they crew demands their salary at the first of the month no matter where you happen to be. If you happen to be repairing swords at that time, so be it.

4. Dunno about that as I have done no boarding.

5. Yes there seems to be no pirates around anymore.

6. :shrug

Closer to island you will find more ships. During the nights there's a larger chance of finding pirates, and places where there are a lot of traders but not much military you will find pirates.
But they are less common indeed. You will find them in battles also.

To find the tailor who needs help keep an eye open on the town news. If you see news about the military read it. There can be an shipyard or tailor who needs help. This will be expanded more lateron.

Back