• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Thanks! :woot

Unfortunately I am severely running low on time as well, so won't be able to do much myself either.

Could you post a savegame of that one? So me or @Levis can talk to the smugglers ourselves?
If it is indeed a "multiple towns" problem, then I've got a hunch on what the reason is. Not entirely sure about a fix, but it would be a start at least.

Today I actually tested a Beta 3.2 install based on the cumulative updates from the past year or so
vs. a Beta 3.2 install that I put on top of a clean Beta 3 version. Results: Exactly the same.

Now i have downloaded the latest version of the WIP Beta 3.2, so maybe the problem was fixed. Not sure about that, but anyway i will test the import/export/contraband system on The Buccaneer Storyline.

No savegames unfortunately :(

And the version i have installed is that one without the two fixes from Levis of today. I downloaded it yesterday.

Oh, by the way, i have found something missing on the fetch quests of @Levis ; I have done one quest about helping the shipyard of Pointe a Pitre, in which i bought sailcloth (Around 432) on Saint George (Sao Jorge normally) And when i came back.... there wasn't any option of dialogue to deliver the sailcloth. I will give the savegame in which you can see the problem. This is after buying the sailcloth and going to talk to the owner of the shipyard.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Guadeloupe.rar
    536.2 KB · Views: 68
Ah i see what the problem is. YOu have it on another ship. I will try to fix this today or tomorrow

Smuggling still appears to be broken. I had quite an adventure on Hispaniola but the condensed story is:
1. Smuggling still does not work there.
2. I could not find a smuggler at the Buccaneers Camp!
3. There are now only one group at a time in the jungle.
beta3 2014-05-14 09-56-41-69.jpg

Never mind found it already. Probally you only had 1 contraband good so it went to another if. Think i fixed it now. To see if it works you have to reload before you talk to the smuggler in the tavern tough I think.

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.c
    146.8 KB · Views: 113
Crickey! That's a huge error.log. La Croix storyline.

Yes I only have on contraband item, wine. It is trade goods at Tortuga and Port au Prince and contraband at Buccaneers camp and Santo Domingo.

Attachments

• compile.7z
    2 KB · Views: 60
  • error.7z
    547 bytes · Views: 79
  • system.7z
    1 KB · Views: 65
  • -=Player=- Hispaniola. Ile a Vache. August 29th, 1692 1.7z
    575.8 KB · Views: 62
It worked this time! There is only one small fly in the soup. The amount of contraband is wrong as I had 2 shiploads of wine. Oh yeah, I lost money on the deal.
beta3 2014-05-14 10-32-04-47.jpg

This error log just got generated. My game crashed for no good reason and this is in the character utilites which has been getting modified a lot lately.

Attachments

• error.7z
    289 bytes · Views: 71
The compile and system logs are right there with the error log. I wuz smuggling.
Indeed it is. Sorry, not paying attention. :facepalm
This seems to be the one:
Code:
ERROR - Missing Character ID: Enc_Char4
Seems to be related to the "Rapers" in the jungle.
Apparently the character should have been generated in the LEnc_LoginCorrectParams function in PROGRAM\LandEncounters\LEnc_login.c .
Not sure why that isn't happening properly. @Levis....? Any thoughts?

This error log just got generated. My game crashed for no good reason and this is in the character utilites which has been getting modified a lot lately.
That is an error on this line:
Code:
void SetCharacterGoods(ref _refCharacter,int _Goods,int _Quantity)
{
   if (IsTrader(_refCharacter)) return; // KK
   string goodsName = Goods[_Goods].name;
   if (sti(_refCharacter.Ship.Cargo.Goods.(goodsName)) == _Quantity) return; // KK // <------------ THIS ONE -----------------
   _refCharacter.Ship.Cargo.Goods.(goodsName) = _Quantity;
   int curLoad = RecalculateCargoLoad(_refCharacter);
   int maxLoad = GetCargoMaxSpace(_refCharacter);
   if(curLoad>maxLoad)
   {
// KK -->
     //Trace("ERROR! Cargo space overup (character=" + _refCharacter.index + ",Quantity=" + _Quantity + ", curload=" + curLoad + ",maxload=" + maxLoad + ")"); // NK 05-04-06
     ClearCharacterGoods(_refCharacter, _Goods);
     SetCharacterGoods(_refCharacter, _Goods, GetGoodQuantityByWeight(_Goods, GetCargoFreeSpace(_refCharacter)));
// <-- KK
   }
}
That isn't a function that has recently been touched. The error suggests that the character/ship it was executed on doesn't HAVE any Cargo.
Weird indeed.

All of those errors came during or after smuggling. The first came when I left the beach and turned around and re-entered the beach after hitting F11 in an attempt to make the smuggling work.

The second one came after successfully smuggling when I had no cargo and was heading down the coast to do a treasure quest. For some reason my ships had lost their flags too.

Oh, by the way, i have found something missing on the fetch quests of @Levis ; I have done one quest about helping the shipyard of Pointe a Pitre, in which i bought sailcloth (Around 432) on Saint George (Sao Jorge normally) And when i came back.... there wasn't any option of dialogue to deliver the sailcloth. I will give the savegame in which you can see the problem. This is after buying the sailcloth and going to talk to the owner of the shipyard.

This should fix it. At least in your savegame it now works :).

Attachments

• FETCH_FIX.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
Back