• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Did you fix the shipyard already? This is the error log from last night.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.3 KB · Views: 104
Did you fix the shipyard already? This is the error log from last night.
I can't fix it because I don't have that problem myself. How exactly would I go about replicating that one?
I did re-upload with ALL code files included to ensure you're not missing out on anything.

Ok, I've been busy elsewhere and fell behind the curve, so did not know what you have done.

I finally got around to installing the new files and the first thing I ran into was crew and water on the deck.

b12 start.jpg

I've been seeing that water too. Not a new issue, though. Will have to wait until I managed to get somewhere with Pirate_KK's code.

:ahoyPieter,

Well I am back to try more testing.

I play at level 30, so I use cheat mode to get up there I also generally start a new game at journeyman level. I set the option to manually distribute skill points. When I started a new game using the current WIP:

I couldn't adjust from apprentice, and when set the level to 30 I had 0 skill points and 60 abilities.

Btw I liked the sidestep, but I am fine as long as I can use it in cheatmode.

I couldn't adjust from apprentice
That's intentional to prevent the storyline from getting bugged due to the strong soldiers.
You can change the difficulty during the game in the Options Menu.
Actually, it just occurs to me we can do this differently. But that's how it is for now...

and when set the level to 30 I had 0 skill points and 60 abilities.
Where did you set that level? Did you use the Level Up cheat?

Btw I liked the sidestep, but I am fine as long as I can use it in cheatmode.
Well, the toggle for it is right above the cheatmode toggle. It's a separate one now.

You use manual skill distribution, don't you? Indeed you're absolutely right! I had that Auto Skill Code being applied then too, which shouldn't happen.
Extract attached to your PROGRAM folder to fix.

Attachments

• seadogs.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 74
I vastly increased the skills and HP of the soldiers and town guards in the game, because originally they were just sooo easy to kill.
However, that makes the Standard storyline just about unplayable, because you have to fight these guys.

Yes,

Well the soldiers I encountered had over 400 HP and that too hard especially when they come in bunches. Maybe somewhere around 350?

The only problem I have found is that even though I am set on lootable corpses some time you get a message that there is nothing to take and a message that the corpse was automatically looted. "you go a dueling saber and 500 gold." I thing we had this back when we were working on 2.5 and you or someone else fixed it.

I'm making progress; no strange sightings so far. Got me a nice Gaff Schooner and all enemy ships from the governor quests were Tier 7, but I will test this with different ships later; not convincing enough yet. If things work out, I can post my complete list here till Wednesday (or Thursday).

By the way, I checked my server logs and noticed, that a lot of people seem to search for a german version, so I decided to translate New Horizons later. That won't do any harm, I suppose, and almost 20 years of roleplay experience should come in handy (don't worry, no overblown rp speech for your mod; never used that).
Though I have no idea yet where to host that, and I also have to think about some other details, so that german players still use this forum if they need help. Maybe some kind of quick overview or database of all translated quests, items, ship types, etc. and their counterparts in English, so you're still able to give support without opening the game files every time.

Mh, later. :nerbz

Cassadar, I can help you with that ;) I will finish the dialogs this week and then we can talk about dividing the work ;)

The only problem I have found is that even though I am set on lootable corpses some time you get a message that there is nothing to take and a message that the corpse was automatically looted. "you go a dueling saber and 500 gold." I thing we had this back when we were working on 2.5 and you or someone else fixed it.
We switched on Auto Loot by default now, so that means you always loot the sword, gun and gold of your enemies.
If there is nothing left after that, you'll see that "there is nothing to loot" message when you manually loot the corpse.
I did that just to save time; that manual looting just takes quite a while. But if you don't want it, just switch Auto Loot off in Game Preferences.

I'm making progress; no strange sightings so far. Got me a nice Gaff Schooner and all enemy ships from the governor quests were Tier 7, but I will test this with different ships later; not convincing enough yet.
ALL Tier 7, eh? That should increase as your rank gets higher.

By the way, I checked my server logs and noticed, that a lot of people seem to search for a german version, so I decided to translate New Horizons later.
I hope you can manage it. I know there are quite some people who would like a translated version, yes.
It's a lot of work, but it can be done. Most of the game code is set up to allow additional language packs anyway, so you wouldn't need to overwrite any existing files.

Though I have no idea yet where to host that
On the PiratesAhoy! FTP, of course. And/or the ModDB profile. Hosting will be no problem. :no

Well, that is what I get for not going through all the options. Interestingly enough I had lootable corpses on and the auto looting on, so about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time I got a lootable corpse and the rest of the time it was automatic. :keith

I ensured that you can use Auto Loot AND Corpsemode at the same time ages ago.
You ALWAYS do the automatic looting, but there might be some additional items that you can manually loot if you care to try.

Got it.
New issue? I did the treasure quest at Cayman Kai. I have the pickaxe but when I use it on the icon nothing happens.

Back