• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

That one certainly is! I did not notice that and will have to replay that part to check on the others.

But why would American modifiers be used on ships that should not exist in that time frame?

So this problem pops up at Eleuthera, and almost every ship in the shipyard is affected. So it is an island problem.

But why would American modifiers be used on ships that should not exist in that time frame?
It SHOULDN'T be. But if they indeed ARE all of individual design, that means the game USES it anyway.
This being Eleuthera support that, because that is the American island. Sounds like some sort of stupid bug to me.

I want to merge Pirate_KK's code at long last first though. No clue when I'll have that done though.

is it intended that you can't get a LoM from england in the standard storyline? I can buy one but my reputation will still be "Neutral"

You mean your relation to England is 0? That's normal. It won't rise until you actually pillage and plunder some enemies of England. That's when you'll get promoted too.
And your actual reputation is not influenced by nation relations at all. Or is that not what you mean?

no I meant the relations, I didnt remember the word :D Well I have a neutral relation (-22). I go to the governor and ask for a LoM. Then he tells me that I can buy it for 9k. I agree and a Log appears that says "Britan - LoM" . But when I look into the relation-tab, it says still "neutral". And usually, there are two new dialogs: "I heard I'm up for a promotion" if you sank enough ships, and, always there, "I can no longer serve ____". Both doesnt show up. The first one, okay seems normal because I didnt sink ships. But instead of the "I can no longer serve" there still stands "I'm looking for a LoM". All other nations work fine :shrug
If I buy now the LoM a 2nd time the Log "Britain - neutral" appears.

Wow, that's strange. Looks like the LoM code I recently wrote will need some further rewriting.
Also seems like the +30 relation you have for England in Jack Aubrey or America in Jean Lafitte do mess up that system to some extent.
Perhaps I'll just set that all back to 0. Anyway, have to do some other stuff first, but I put it on the to-do list. :facepalm

So this problem pops up at Eleuthera, and almost every ship in the shipyard is affected. So it is an island problem.
Next time you notice this, press [O] when facing the shipyard owner. That will open a Character interface for him so you can see his skills AND his nation in the bottom right corner.
That'll tell us if he has a normal nation or not. I've already seen once that it says "Unknown" for the governor there, which I'm assuming is because he's set to America when it doesn't exist.
Anyway, I've put this on my to-do list to look at.

I'll try to replicate it myself once I get to that. Not sure when though, my current project is a biggie. :facepalm

I doubt the story is related. Probably the system is a little confused these days due to my rewriting. :wp

For your to-do list: The shipyard owner on Eleuthera is of "unknown" nationality. At least the one at Alice Town is. In this time frame Governors Harbor is called Puerto de la Cruz but Alice Town is still Alice Town.

For your to-do list: The shipyard owner on Eleuthera is of "unknown" nationality. At least the one at Alice Town is. In this time frame Governors Harbor is called Puerto de la Cruz but Alice Town is still Alice Town.
Is that ALWAYS though? I had it once with the governor. But when I went to test if it was consistent, he had his proper nationality.
Anyway, I changed the code so the characters on Eleuthera are ALWAYS English, unless their town is changed to another nation.

I would say Alice Town is always Alice Town. The shipyard owner is English and when I look in my log book it says I have visited Puerto de la Cruz and Alice Town.

Indeed Alice Town doesn't change names. But it does change nationalities.
Anyway, we'll see what happens with Pirate_KK's code included. That changes.... a lot. :shock

After I realized that my computer was overclocked (and I have absolutely no idea, how that could happen), I'm able to play again without worrying that my CPU will die straight away. Downloading WIP 11 now, will check item realism and this then:
- Nation, Ship Selection and Character Skills for:
Governor Ship Hunting
Treasure Quest Enemies
Smuggling Coast Guard
Enemies From Shore
Loanshark Avengers
Do you want me to test this with different time periods and is there any other additional stuff you need to know?

That's good to hear!
The ship selection should be Period-dependent. But it's mainly the ship tier related to the player and enemy captain level that is the most relevant.

Back