• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

well I don't know if it still occurs, but when I first installed Beta 2.3 I chose the stormy start. And then I couldnt move anymore :D Couldn't do anything besides the sidestep :D Tried it several times, always the same :shrug
Well it isnt that bad :D if I find time, maybe I could look into it myself and add it :D

Really? That's strange; I never had such a problem with the Stormy Start. :shock

I never figured out why this happened :shrug I will try it tomorrow again, if the problem is still there, I will upload a savegame from the coast :D

well I don't know if it still occurs, but when I first installed Beta 2.3 I chose the stormy start. And then I couldnt move anymore :D Couldn't do anything besides the sidestep :D Tried it several times, always the same :shrug
That only happens, if you change your ship in \PROGRAM\Storyline\standard.c; the game seems to have some kind of problem, when you don't start in the cabin of your Lugger. Could be because the controls are locked in the stock game before Malcolm talks to you (looks like Malcolm just pops up in front of you in New Horizons to override this), and it also breaks the tutorial (no tutorial deck anymore, as soon as your ship has been replaced).
Just add the ship later by console when you're at the shore and it works.

started a new game .... file error appeared .. and also found a problem, I attacked a harbor, he was from France, after I have taken it, I spoke to the person who is usually in residence at the end of the attack and how I was a pirate, I gave to the pirates, but when I go in stores, they treat me like an enemy, they say they will call the guards, and I already tried to leave the port and back.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 86
I don't meant your reputation towards the nation, I meant your global reputation like dashing, bloke and so on.. ;)
You could also try to leave and access the port again.

Yep:
At Hero you can trade with everyone, but Pirates don't like nice guys and won't trade above Matey
You're not much of a pirate if you're a hero, right? :wp

I just noticed a problem in a shipyard. A whole bunch of the larger ships all have the wrong cannon size! They are all too big like they were 2 years ago. This is now a cheat.
wrong guns.jpg

Let me guess: ALL of the ships where you notice this are of "individual design"? Looks like the game is applying American nation modifiers to them.
But that shouldn't be possible if America doesn't exist! :shock

What is "individual design"?

The ships that I saw with too big of cannons are: Light East Indiaman, Fast War Galleon, Light Manila Galleon, Heavy East Indiaman, and Spanish War Galleon. These are all generic early period ships that have nothing to do with America in a Spanish shipyard.

I mean this. Were all those ships indicating the same?
That would support my theory that they are American design but the game cannot show that because America doesn't exist.

Attachments

• wrong guns.jpg
    wrong guns.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 71
Back