• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

No crash-reasons in that file, I'm afraid. We can get rid of that un-existing greeting though.

Opening post updated again
New stuff included:
Code:
- Undone Recent Changes and Fixed Mistakes:
  . Music volume back to 50% by default
  . Controls returned to Beta 2.5 default
  . Can hire officers again outside the Woodes Rogers storyline
  . Resurrecting works properly again
  . Items that DON'T increase skills are ALSO sold by Item Traders to make skill-enhancing items less common again
- Bug Fixes:
  . Open Sea Mod initializes properly on loading a savegame by Pieter Boelen
  . Saint Martin store and shipyard closes at night by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Governors now mention the number of cannons and ship type for a Ship Hunting quest by Pieter Boelen
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Lighting files added for all islands by Pieter Boelen
  . Wrong nation signs in all towns removed by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Quest Cases not executing fixed by Pieter Boelen
    All quest file loading code rewritten to be more universal and include the SL_Utils.c file
  . Standard Storyline:
    > Start out with Personal Flag even if selecting England to ensure players don't die upon setting sail by Pieter Boelen
      English flag is hoisted after escaping from the French squadron
    > Get 50% more rum and rations at game start to allow you to survive the journey to Jamaica by Pieter Boelen
  . Woodes Rogers Storyline:
    > Quest items moved into separate file by Pieter Boelen
  . Assassin Storyline:
    > Spain turns Neutral after starting to work for them by Pieter Boelen
  . Sidequest Fixes
    > Baldewyn Coffier & Arnaud Matton
      Martinique tavern owner dialog fixed to allow completion of this story by Pieter Boelen
    > Sink the Pirate Corvette
      Random quests no longer show up until you have completed this one to prevent confusion by Pieter Boelen
What still REALLY needs to be addressed and fixed? Other than Cartagena, that is?

Well, I deliberately held off on this one. I don't even think it requires a New Game. Just press F11.

Well, I installed WIP 11 and F11 it and it seems to work except for one small error. There is an item in the random chests and I now have it. In fact when looking at the logs there are all sorts of new and interesting things in them.

Attachments

• compile.log
    61.5 KB · Views: 103
  • error.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 79
  • system.log
    13.3 KB · Views: 81
Huh, strange. Perhaps it is one of those JRH quest items that are removed now. It could be that they were still half-initialized in the savegame.
If you end up starting a new game, let me know if it happens again. :facepalm

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but the crew does indeed use meds. They seem to prefer the cauterization kit and there is something strange there. When a crewman gets killed and I loot his corpse I can not take any meds. That stays behind, but weapons goes.

I noticed too that I couldn't loot Cauterization Kits. NO clue why; very strange. o_O

And indeed I added the required code to make the crew use medications. They didn't before.
Thanks for confirming it works.

Ayup. New game required. I get no errors now.

EDIT: One thing that needs fixing is those dam women at Tortuga! :rumgone They are killing me with one slap. Clint Eastwood could take lessons from them.

EDIT: One thing that needs fixing is those dam women at Tortuga! :rumgone They are killing me with one slap. Clint Eastwood could take lessons from them.
:rofl
They aren't even using ANY weapon for that at all. Not even their fists!
I don't even know why or how it is applying damage. Seems three of them is indeed near-lethal on low character levels.
Not so much on higher levels though. Perhaps it'd be enough to just restore the player HP after each slap?

I know it's funny enough without damage. But WHAT code is DOING the damage? I'd remove it if I knew where to look for it.
But this is the line that does it:
Code:
LAi_ActorAnimation(TortugaDame1, "attack_2", "Dame_1", -1);
That's just playing an animation; no damage involved there.
But apparently the game "knows" that an attack should do damage or something. I'm just adding this after:
Code:
LAi_SetCurHPMax(pchar);
That way at least your HP will be restored. Whether it does so before or after the attack, I'm not sure yet. But at least you'll survive.

It's not funny at low levels. One slap is lethal. I wuz killed twice in a row with one slap each time. Now I stay far far away from those women. They are too tough for me! :ko

On another note, those cursed coins are too common. I got another one. Can one find that certain island without getting that certain bosun first?

And what's up with that compass overlay in the upper right hand corner? I thought that was fixed a year ago.
curses.jpg

you got a point here, it would make sense to have other ways to find it. And if you are already cursed, maybe you should have access to it without that certain object?

It's not funny at low levels. One slap is lethal. I wuz killed twice in a row with one slap each time. Now I stay far far away from those women. They are too tough for me! :ko
With one slap even? Not funny indeed.
With my new change, your HP is set to max right before being hit. I've been able to survive right at game start now even on Adventurer difficulty.

On another note, those cursed coins are too common. I got another one. Can one find that certain island without getting that certain bosun first?
You have to talk to that certain bosun, but you don't have to hire him. That is optional.
There's no other way. Do you reckon there should be?

The rarity of those coins hasn't been changed. Sounds like you are being unlucky.

And what's up with that compass overlay in the upper right hand corner? I thought that was fixed a year ago.
I thought so too! Did it myself and the code to do so is still in place in BattleInterface.c:
Code:
void UpdateCannonInfo()
{
    ref mchr = GetMainCharacter();
    int rgqty = GetCannonArcQty(mchr, 1);
    int lgqty = GetCannonArcQty(mchr, 3);
    int fgqty = GetCannonArcQty(mchr, 0);
    int bgqty = GetCannonArcQty(mchr, 2);
    string srgqty = rgqty;
    if (rgqty < 10) srgqty = " " + rgqty;
    string slgqty = lgqty;
    if (lgqty < 10) slgqty = " " + lgqty;
    string sfgqty = fgqty;
    string sbgqty = bgqty;

if(!ShowScreen) // PB: Hide together with the rest
    {
        srgqty = "";
        slgqty = "";
        sfgqty = "";
        sbgqty = "";
    }

SendMessage(&INRGuns, "lls", LOG_ADD_STRING, true, srgqty);
    SendMessage(&INLGuns, "lls", LOG_ADD_STRING, true, slgqty);
    SendMessage(&INFGuns, "lls", LOG_ADD_STRING, true, sfgqty);
    SendMessage(&INBGuns, "lls", LOG_ADD_STRING, true, sbgqty);
}
Even so, I HAVE seen it occasionally since. But why, I really don't know. If you see ANYTHING consistent about when it crops up, let me know!
Or if it is a consistent problem now, upload your savegame and I'll have a look.

Back