• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Historically, forts should have a maximum range of 3,000 yards but most should only be 2,000 yards. But did you not recently reduce the range of the fort's guns to 600 yards?

Realistically, once you know your destination you could simply buy more food and rum. I have been doing that for years.

Historically, forts should have a maximum range of 3,000 yards but most should only be 2,000 yards. But did you not recently reduce the range of the fort's guns to 600 yards?

thats a bit weird, i wasnt sniped by fort at the moment, perhaps i should test every forts i havent seen

I personally was never bothered by the high range of the forts. What pissed me off was their supernatural ability to even hit you, when you were like on the other side of a mountain and they didn't even have a line of sight on you. These cannoneers probably were psychic or used laser guided cannonballs.

:pirate41:

All I did was cut their range in half from what it was before. If it is still too much, we can change the scalar to cut it down further.

Speaking of dying, I was just killed by some bandits in a jungle, and the game didn't actually end or revive me. It just made me stare at my dead body.
You're all very right. MY mistake. The fix for town-less islands caused problems everywhere else because I didn't put the correct { and } in.
Easily sorted. Will be working properly again in the next release. :yes

The Assasin game starts with you on a dock and your ship has a load of ale. You wanrt to sell it to the Spanish, but the dutch and spanish are at war! Well, you are a smuggler anyway. So of you go. I chose Puerto Rico.
The "we are recognized" message appeared when the island was just a line on the horizon time after time, and here came the ships to intercept. Game over time after time.
One time there was a battle with pirates going on so I thought I could sneak in while they were fighting. Wrong! They all forgot their fight and came after me. Game over.
You're supposed to bring that ale to Playa de Sabana on Cuba, after which you go work for the Spanish.
However, now that your starting relations are the same as Holland, Spain remains hostile afterwards. So in the next release, I have them changing to Wary as soon as you start to work for them.
That should work.

A false flag should allow you to safely reach Playa de Sabana; in the early game you are not well-known and most ships will believe your false flag.
I've once started out hostile to Spain in the Jean Lafitte storyline and went in and out of Puerto Rico over and over again without anybody caring. :rofl

Just a quick question, because I have no idea where else to put it (and it's not worth to open an all new thread): in which programming language is PotC written? C++? I lost interest in C++ about 9 years ago, because there was no point for me to fully learn it. If I start again with the basics and refresh/extend my knowledge, perhaps I'm able to help.

It is very similar to C++, but slightly different, as I understand it. I'm sure knowledge of C++ would help greatly, but it is possible to do quite a bit without such knowledge.
After all, I have ZERO actual programming knowledge. :rofl

So I've got some new fix-files ready to upload, but I want to know if there are still any other truly pressing matters that need to be addressed.
Already included:
Code:
- Undone Recent Changes and Fixed Mistakes:
  . Music volume back to 50% by default
  . Controls returned to Beta 2.5 default
  . Can hire officers again outside the Woodes Rogers storyline
  . Resurrecting works properly again
  . Items that DON'T increase skills are ALSO sold by Item Traders to make skill-enhancing items less common again
- Bug Fixes:
  . Open Sea Mod initializes properly on loading a savegame by Pieter Boelen
  . Saint Martin store and shipyard closes at night by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Governors now mention the number of cannons and ship type for a Ship Hunting quest by Pieter Boelen
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Lighting files added for all islands by Pieter Boelen
  . Wrong nation signs in all towns removed by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Quest Cases not executing fixed by Pieter Boelen
    All quest file loading code rewritten to be more universal and include the SL_Utils.c file
  . Standard Storyline:
    > Start out with Personal Flag even if selecting England to ensure players don't die upon setting sail by Pieter Boelen
      English flag is hoisted after escaping from the French squadron
    > Get 50% more rum and rations at game start to allow you to survive the journey to Jamaica by Pieter Boelen
  . Woodes Rogers Storyline:
    > Quest items moved into separate file by Pieter Boelen
  . Assassin Storyline:
    > Spain turns Neutral after starting to work for them by Pieter Boelen
  . Sidequest Fixes
    > Baldewyn Coffier & Arnaud Matton
      Martinique tavern owner dialog fixed to allow completion of this story by Pieter Boelen
    > Sink the Pirate Corvette
      Random quests no longer show up until you have completed this one to prevent confusion by Pieter Boelen
As far as I'm aware, the main thing we need is the fixed Cartagena island model.

Once that is done, I think we might as well release the whole current game version as Beta 2.6 or Beta 3 or something.
Anyone got any further comments on that, by any chance?

How can I keep the articles from cluttering up the screen?
articles.jpg

I found some bugs in the game pieter, and might help if I tell Them to the next version of the game ... here are a few.

1-When the storm Occurs, and Also a riot at The Same Team, closes the game.
2-I when i minimize the game, he does not return, the only way is to close and reopen.
3-I was starting the quest with a character named Pieter Boelen, but in the part where he asked me to ask the turtle to help other pirates, I was fixing my boat instead, there passed 10 days and quest failed, so far so good , but the error was that Pieter Boelen was still following me to all the places he did not even kill people Helped me, I tried to talk to him, but that option did not work with him.
4-Sometimes the Go Deck to my ship, closed the game, but that was after the long time playing ...
5-The Times riot Occurs Within the stores.
6-When talking with the Governor's Harbor Island, the game crashes.

1 & 5: What do you mean by "riot"?

2: Edit engine.ini in your main game folder manually with Notepad.
Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.

6: Which character in Governor's Harbor crashed the game?

How can I keep the articles from cluttering up the screen?
Indeed, that looks annoying. I've just made a slight code change so that message should show up only once.

Riot:when the crew morale is very low, and they ask for a payment, and if you do not give them attack.

The character that made the game crash was Sir Thomas Robinson in Townhall.

The character that made the game crash was Sir Thomas Robinson in Townhall.
Any specific dialog options that caused the problem? Or does it crash straight away?
And which storyline are you in?
I just tried in Jack Sparrow, but he talks just fine. :shrug

Just tested myself, but it works fine. Anything in your log files? Any error.log generated?

error.log none, so I decided to delete the file system, started the game, then closed and checked the file system, all right, then did the same thing, but I went in and got the savegame file and had something diferent looks ..

Attachments

• system.log
    684 bytes · Views: 84
Back