• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

well I'm lucky, it seems that my whole Game partition was not corrupted. All works fine :) Have to re-install a few important programs on my new hard-drive and then, finally, I can test this nice new mod :)

exept of course some quest changing relation on purpose like in nataniel hawk storyline (french and british relation modification during main quest)
Well, that's fine isn't it? :shrug

exept that if you have personal flag, on worldmap, you wont get any fleet chasing you :shrug but that was always that way, oh perhaps is there a way to activate that to personal nation ?)
Maybe. But that worldmap coding is confusing, so I don't think I'm going to figure that one out any time soon.

Erm, I just installed WIP 10, and I have bad news. I started the Sea Hawk storyline, skipped the tutorial as normal, and when I went and bought a new spyglass, I got this:
ERROR - quests_reaction.c not loaded, loading now!
ERROR - Unable to load quests_reaction.c!!!
The questbook didn't update. :facepalm

I actually saw a few instances of this in my previous WIP 7 testing, but I assumed that since I hadn't started a new game since the Beta 2.5 release, something hadn't 'clicked'.

On a different note, I found the new music that plays during the Sea Hawk tutorial to be a little too... upbeat for the situation.
I'll keep testing to see if any other music choices seem out of place.

EDIT: Who turned up the music volume with this release? I can't hear anything else until I reduce the music slider to the same level as the others. :wp

Erm, I just installed WIP 10, and I have bad news. I started the Sea Hawk storyline, skipped the tutorial as normal, and when I went and bought a new spyglass, I got this:
[...]
I actually saw a few instances of this in my previous WIP 7 testing, but I assumed that since I hadn't started a new game since the Beta 2.5 release, something hadn't 'clicked'.
WTF??? That second error message is there just in case; it shouldn't even REMOTELY be possible for it to actually SHOW UP!
How can quests_reaction.c NOT be loaded RIGHT AFTER it being loaded???? :8q

Did those lines show up on your screen? Because it shouldn't be doing THAT either. At least not that first one.
If in compile.log, can you post the few lines above that too?

The first line didn't show up on-screen; only the second one.
I don't have that same compile log now, but I do have this snippet from a moment ago when the French fleet failed to turn up:
Code:
SEA: SeaLogin begin
OnQuestComplete called for Story_leavingOxbay
Quest name Story_leavingOxbay FOUND in QuestComplete
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 11, theHour = 11
SEA: sealogin loading island Oxbay
SEA: added pchar to sea
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 2, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = war, Loop = 0, Ship ID = SchoonerWar
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 2, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = war, Loop = 0, Ship ID = Brig1
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 2, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = war, Loop = 0, Ship ID = Brig1
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 2, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = war, Loop = 0, Ship ID = FR_Sloop
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 3, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = trade, Loop = 0, Ship ID = SloopBermuda
Force_GetShipType: Maxclass = 3, Minclass = 8, Per = Colonial Powers, Nat = France, Type = trade, Loop = 0, Ship ID = Sloop1
SEA: Did CRs
SEA: Did any groups
SEA: added ships
SEA: Set tasks
updated AISea
Seafoam done
Telescope initiated
SETTING MUSIC: music_day_sailing
ResumeAllSounds
SEA: SeaLogin end
For some reason the 'Upload a File' button isn't working for me. :modding

If THAT one ever happens again, please post the compile.log and double-check if there's an error.log as well.
With our "usual" quest code refusals, there was always a note in error.log .

Code:
OnQuestComplete called for Story_leavingOxbay
Quest name Story_leavingOxbay FOUND in QuestComplete
^ However, THAT one should NOT cause any problem. It admits something went wrong, but it rectified the problem and executed the quest case just fine.
It wouldn't log that last line until AFTER the quest case was successfully executed. But indeed it IS the one that makes the French squadron appear.
Did the invasion video still play upon going to the worldmap afterwards? Because that's in the same quest case AFTER the French fleet. :shock

Just tried playing the Standard Storyline opening myself and that French fleet problem is definitely NOT a consistent problem; works fine for me.
However, my game did freeze three times in a row upon skipping the tutorial. WHY it does that, I have NO idea.
No error logs or anything either. Just completely unresponsive. :modding

On a different note, I found the new music that plays during the Sea Hawk tutorial to be a little too... upbeat for the situation.
That's the regular sailing music like you should always have in your cabin. :shrug

EDIT: Who turned up the music volume with this release? I can't hear anything else until I reduce the music slider to the same level as the others. :wp
I DID! You can't even HEAR the Main Title music until about a minute in or so,
making the main menu sound silent instead of the proper piratey introduction to the game that it is meant to be.
I can hear everything else just fine though, but usually I can hardly hear the music over the sound effects and stuff.
Thought I'd experiment a bit with this and see what would happen. :whipa

Just tried playing the Standard Storyline opening myself and that French fleet problem is definitely NOT a consistent problem; works fine for me.
It's working for me in subsequent attempts now, but I'm going to try some quests and see if anything else breaks...

That's the regular sailing music like you should always have in your cabin. :shrug
Not what I heard. It was a new track for sure.

I DID! You can't even HEAR the Main Title music until about a minute in or so,
making the main menu sound silent instead of the proper piratey introduction to the game that it is meant to be.
I can hear everything else just fine though, but usually I can hardly hear the music over the sound effects and stuff.
Thought I'd experiment a bit with this and see what would happen. :whipa

The result is everything else is drowned out by the music. :razz

Um, it happened again. No French blockade, and no intro video when leaving the island. Logs1.7z
Having to use SkyDrive now because the Upload button still isn't working. Is it just me? :whipa

EDIT: Actually it IS just me. Seems like a temporary Chrome/Windows 8 weirdness.

Not what I heard. It was a new track for sure.
Must be Sailing03.ogg from Cutthroat Island then.

The result is everything else is drowned out by the music. :razz
Not for me it doesn't! But oh well, I'll put it back to normal for the next version.
male19-male-crying-tears-smiley-emoticon-000061-large.gif

Um, it happened again. No French blockade, and no intro video when leaving the island. Logs1.7z
Well, that IS a new problem. Or that is to say, it's probably the same problem applying to a different file, namely the SL_Utils.c one.
That's quite nasty, especially since I'm now using that for the Woodes Rogers storyline fancy quest coding too.
Well, I'll just try throwing the same fix at it! :whipa

Well, that IS a new problem. Or that is to say, it's probably the same problem applying to a different file, namely the SL_Utils.c one.
That's quite nasty, especially since I'm now using that for the Woodes Rogers storyline fancy quest coding too.
Well, I'll just try throwing the same fix at it! :whipa
Fix written. Now we'll have to find out if it actually WORKS.
Will upload as soon as I've got the newest fixes gathered up again.

Pieter, I have a problem with all releases. I have to merge for days to get going again. :modding
Now I'm merging a lot of files and plan to upload many general files with preparations made for the "Goldbug".
So if you please could wait for this pack to be included in the next 'wip'. :)

What problem are you having? Just too many files to sift through or so?

For now, I'll just make a small fix-pack then. It does contain a crucial fix for your storyline as per Armada's findings above.
And I've just figured out how to restore the original gun damage values in your storyline in a better way.

Just too many files to sift through or so?
Yes, I have made changes for the future in many files and have to merge them over and over again.
So if I can get them included soon there will be only smaller changes later on.

Your fixes sound good! :onya

THERE! Small pack this time. Only, wha, 18 files or something. Several of which are your fixes to begin with. ;)

But it also fixes some mistakes of mine in the previous release and most importantly hopefully prevents future problems with French squadrons and your fancy storyline coding.
Apparently it was ALSO possible for the game to "forget" it needed the SL_utils.c, so I put in a "reminder" for that too. :facepalm

Um, it happened again. No French blockade, and no intro video when leaving the island.
Try attached; that should put an end to it! :whipa

Yes, I have made changes for the future in many files and have to merge them over and over again.
So if I can get them included soon there will be only smaller changes later on.
Ouch. Yeah, I know what that's like. NO GOOD! :shock

Not for me it doesn't! But oh well, I'll put it back to normal for the next version.
male19-male-crying-tears-smiley-emoticon-000061-large.gif

At least you can easily move the slider to meet your own preferences. :wp

Speaking of preferences... I thought we WEREN'T going to change the default controls again. :whipa

At least you can easily move the slider to meet your own preferences. :wp

Speaking of preferences... I thought we WEREN'T going to change the default controls again. :whipa
Well, I changed the stuff to my own liking and kept it that way to see what comments I'd get.
We can return it to the Beta 2.5 version though.

In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to hearing if you can make that French squadron not show up again. :razz

I have just started to play Beta 3 WIP 10 - sailed to Grenada from Elutheria.

Saved on Grenada jetty when I landed - went to store bought stuff and saved again, - noticed that jetty save said bad save and game won't let me load it.

I am not sure if it is just an error in my game or anything to do with the new World map and the relocation of the Port and island in it. The store save works OK.

EDIT: Think it was just my game that went Weird - have saved at other Ports & shores OK and went back and saved at St George Grenada port OK. :modding

PotC_Beta3WIP10_save1.jpg PotC_Beta3WIP10_save3.jpg

:shrug

Attachments

• compile_save.log
    38.7 KB · Views: 106
  • error_save.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 100
  • system_save.log
    48.8 KB · Views: 108
Back