• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Sorry.... :oops:

Well, this is quite a biggie with lots of new-game-requiring changes. I'm hoping my next release will be a bit more modest and might not require another new game.
After all, there is rather a lot on the "still awaiting feedback" list and we can't go too far ahead without closing the various items that we've still got open.

Not to mention, soon I'll be needing to get into some KK Code Merging. And when I get to that, I can't even afford to make intermediate releases until that is vaguely playable. :shock

It is now impossible to set the difficulty level for any POTC game.............................

Toff Oremann does not work in the Assassin game.
no Toff.jpg

It seems lots of dialogs do not work for the assassin.

Vigila Mendes talks but will not sail.

Attachments

• Bloom broken.jpg
    Bloom broken.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 182
  • mendes broken-1.jpg
    mendes broken-1.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 154
  • mendez broken.jpg
    mendez broken.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Mendes broken-2.jpg
    Mendes broken-2.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 186
  • no dialog-1.jpg
    no dialog-1.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 174
  • no dialog-2.jpg
    no dialog-2.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 205
  • no dialog-3.jpg
    no dialog-3.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 174
  • no dialog-4.jpg
    no dialog-4.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 152
It seems lots of dialogs do not work for the assassin.
Why are those characters even THERE??? We didn't get the sidequests to work yet in Assassin ad Bartolomeu.
I just started a new Assassin storyline and went straight into the Tavern: Toff Oremans wasn't there, just like the should be. o_O

Edit: I thought perhaps this could happen if you started a storyline WITH sidequests first and then starting Assassin without first closing the game.
So I started Devlin first and THEN Assassin, but Toff Oremans still isn't there. So I've got NO clue why those characters are showing up for you.
There is no code in place to do that! :shock

I just started the game and went straight to Toff. Then went smuggling and doing trade runs. Never played any part of that storyline.

That is bizarre. If you open PROGRAM\Storyline\Assassin\characters\init , is there a SideQuest.c file in there?
That is where these characters are generated from in the various other storylines. It shouldn't be in Assassin.

Also check PROGRAM\Characters\init and make sure there is NOT an Officers.c in there.

There WAS a sidequest.c in program/storyline/assassin/characters/init but none in the other one.

More importantly, is there no way to adjust the difficulty level anymore? Adventurer level is rediculously easy and no challenge. I got in a fight in town last night and when it was over I found 4 corpses at my feet. No armor but a good sword. I am advancing too fast also. Look at this! This is how far I have gone just since last night. There is no sense of desperation and despair.Adventurer.jpg

There WAS a sidequest.c in program/storyline/assassin/characters/init but none in the other one.
Uh? HOW did that get there???
Anyway, get rid of it! :whipa

More importantly, is there no way to adjust the difficulty level anymore? Adventurer level is rediculously easy and no challenge. I got in a fight in town last night and when it was over I found 4 corpses at my feet. No armor but a good sword. I am advancing too fast also. Look at this! This is how far I have gone just since last night. There is no sense of desperation and despair.View attachment 11293
Wha? You can still change it in the Options Menu or by talking to a Tavern-hired officer. Should be no problem.

How can Adventurer be ridiculously easy? There is only ONE difficulty level above that!
Or did we go too far with increasing the fencing skill gained? Perhaps skill-enhancing items are now too common from item traders?

Small fix attached. Included are:
- Updated Map Interface texture by Armada
- Fixes to Woodes Rogers storyline by Jack Rackham
- Updated ad fixed Cursed Coins code by Pieter Boelen
- Tortuga ALWAYS French, except in Jack Sparrow storyline and ALWAYS friendly to pirates by Pieter Boelen

Edit: See below.

^Anyone who got the above, recommend to download it again. Fixed some more stuff, mainly related to Sail Selection and Cursed Coins.
Allows you to get select your OWN sails again and prevents your companions to try and kill you on your deck when you're cursed at night.
Also, night-time enemies of cursed characters now have FULL see and hear radius again. So no more sneaking up on those pesky town guards. :whipa

In options the difficulty level is greyed out. Just hired an officer and will see what he has to say.

Small fix attached. Included are:
- Updated ad fixed Cursed Coins code by Pieter Boelen
- Tortuga ALWAYS French, except in Jack Sparrow storyline and ALWAYS friendly to pirates by Pieter Boelen

Edit: File updated with some more fixes.

New game required.

This time the difficulty levels is NOT greyed out.

Oh wait, did you try to do it BEFORE starting a new game? Difficulty is greyed out if the "Resume" button cannot be pressed.

Pieter, the latest beta 2.5 is a bid too big, because I have a traffic limit. Will there be serious issues when I install Beta 3 on Beta 2.5 SGV 440?

Probably not. I'm not sure; I can't remember the specific differences.

hm can it cause the whole game to destroy itself? I dont have the original game in case I need a fresh installation

NEW small fix attached. Included are:
- Updated and fixed Cursed Coins code by Pieter Boelen
- Treasure Quests "X Marks the Spot" updated for the new Worldmap by Pieter Boelen
- "Default Sails" Interface Button sets your ENTIRE fleet to their OWN default sails; do NOT press "Use these Sails" afterwards to make this work
- Some previously missed files included.

hm can it cause the whole game to destroy itself? I dont have the original game in case I need a fresh installation
Just in case, make a copy of your main game folder BEFORE doing it.

Back