• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Well the coding for the pan wouldn't be the problem.. but the model, the interface pic..
A dialog would be hard work because you would have to add EVERY SINGLE lady in the town who has a pan as an own character...
I think it would be funny enough without a dialog AND I think we should do stuff like this after we finished the important coding stuff and get a stable Beta 3 ;)
but thats just my opinion ;)

We could put a "check equip" part in Enc_walker.c if we'd want. No need for separate characters.

No point without the texture model files. Those would be the main challenge.

Opening post updated again
Small fix file added. Main stuff changed:
Code:
- Select Storyline Interface massive fixes by Pieter Boelen
  . Ship and Character Selection filters should FINALLY work properly
  . Custom Player Name sticks properly, unless you select a named model
  . Custom Player Type should no longer badly bug up; it is not ideal, but at least not as BIZARRE as it was before
- Periods Update:
  . Emissaries added for nations without any towns
  . Town textures based on their nationality, even when different from default
Please test this thoroughly. Especially try to break the Select Storyline interface!!!

I just replaced the opening post attachment again a minute ago with one more fix.
This stops your custom ship name from being overridden. Bit annoying otherwise.

Edit: And one more small change. The game was text-searching in the CODE version of "SName" and not in the REAL one.
That resulted in searching for "dutch" returning "La_Marianna" because her SName is "FlyingDutchman".
However, that displays as "Ghost Galleon" and therefore shouldn't be shown in the results.
Fixed now.

Last edited:
In the main storyline I can't get past the cabin area, in the assassin storyline when I first went to sea, no flags on ships(all of the ships) and can't change flags (or I'm just missing a button)

Anything in the .log files in your main game folder? Are you sure you have it installed correctly?
You did install the 421 MB file from the opening post, right? Sounds to me like you might be having some missing resource files.

I haven't tried WIP 17 yet because I lost all ship flags in WIP 16 and had to go back to an old save to get them back. The only flags you can change are the national flags, unless you have no flags at all.

Please do try WIP 17 when you can. I really need feedback on it to find out if there is anything still badly wrong that is preventing us from releasing the proper Beta 3.
I'd quite like to get Beta 3 out there to reduce the pressure. :wp

yes. these are the files you want to upload here if you experience any abnormalities so it can be checked:
system.log
error.log
compile.log

found in the main game folder.

I installed that latest WIP 17 fix and played the standard storyline through the tutorial (melee level 4) until I was at the dock about to board ship. Everything went according to plan.

Before starting the game I played with the options and everything that I tried worked. Man, woman, rich, poor, they all worked. I picked my flags too. Did not check the ships. :facepalm

First bug.

I got a trade mission from Speightstown to Sao Jorge, arrived there in time, reputation is neutral, and the merchant does not want to accept my cargo. Repeated attempts failed.

Just tested WIP 17 (haven't been keeping up with all the latest WIPs) and tried out the Select Storyline options.
I'm pretty impressed with how it works so far! The filters work quite nicely, and presentation is clear and user-friendly.

Two observations:
- When scrolling left or right between storylines, the ship name seems to be inherited from the first one shown.
For example, when scrolling from Sea Hawk to Tales of a Chevalier, the ship name "Sea Hawk" is maintained. I haven't checked if this affects the name when starting the storyline, though.
Is/was this already known?

- When choosing a different ship than the default one, and the default is of a higher Tier than the filters allow without Cheat Mode, I can't see how I could re-select the default ship if I changed my mind. Would a "Default" or "Reset" button be possible to add? Come to think of it, this would be good for most of the options.

I also noticed a marked improvement with the character portraits (versus Beta 2.5), for what it's worth. :onya

When making your first save it will not do it until you activate your profile.

Aw, I like that guy. We lean on the counter and slurp Portagee wine while negotiating prices. There musta been someone in the back room pointing a musket at him.

Every save requires you to select your profile.

Upgraded another install to WIP 17 with fixit. Did the standard storyline again and the merchant will not accept his cargo, or I will not give it to him.

Back