• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Upgraded another install to WIP 17 with fixit. Did the standard storyline again and the merchant will not accept his cargo, or I will not give it to him.
Yup! I just tried it. Same with this delivery quest from merchant of oxbay (200+ cotton to bonaire store). There is no option when you try to give the goods.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Playing wip 17: Went to the tailor on Nevis and the game froze. It was fixed in 16.

Anything in the .log files in your main game folder? Are you sure you have it installed correctly?
You did install the 421 MB file from the opening post, right? Sounds to me like you might be having some missing resource files.

Attachments

• error.log
    3.9 KB · Views: 94
  • readme.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 220
  • system.log
    98.9 KB · Views: 109
That is quite a bit more error messages than I think you should have. Try to re-download WIP 17 from the opening post (the large file) and extract that on your current game install.

I got a trade mission from Speightstown to Sao Jorge, arrived there in time, reputation is neutral, and the merchant does not want to accept my cargo. Repeated attempts failed.
Turns out I don't know how to use the CheckQuestAttribute function properly. Thanks for catching, I fixed it in my game and will post the change soon.

- When scrolling left or right between storylines, the ship name seems to be inherited from the first one shown.
For example, when scrolling from Sea Hawk to Tales of a Chevalier, the ship name "Sea Hawk" is maintained. I haven't checked if this affects the name when starting the storyline, though.
Is/was this already known?
No, I hadn't noticed that yet; thanks for catching! I figured out how to fix this properly now; seems to be working.

- When choosing a different ship than the default one, and the default is of a higher Tier than the filters allow without Cheat Mode
Uh? How do you even MANAGE that? You shouldn't be able to select anything anymore that falls outside the filter criteria.
If you DO manage to make that happen, please tell me what buttons you pressed so I can try to figure out a way to prevent it altogether.
Weird stuff happens when you fall outside the filters and we really don't want that to ever be possible. :modding

I can't see how I could re-select the default ship if I changed my mind. Would a "Default" or "Reset" button be possible to add? Come to think of it, this would be good for most of the options.
Just press the "X" mark before confirming your change? If not, scroll to another storyline and back again?
I might be able to figure out how to add another button in there, but it'd take a lot of time and effort again, so I'd prefer to avoid that if I can.

I also noticed a marked improvement with the character portraits (versus Beta 2.5), for what it's worth. :onya
Cassadar did a great job at them. And I changed the Select Storyline interface main screen to use the 256 portraits instead of the 128 ones, which are twice as large and much nicer too. :cheeky

When making your first save it will not do it until you activate your profile.
Every save requires you to select your profile.
I'm afraid I cannot confirm that. Seems to be working fine here.
Are you using the default "Player" profile or not? Shouldn't matter though; even if I do use a different profile, it still worked during my test.

I'm not sure where the profile name is stored; maybe I can put it in a player attribute. Those tend to stick around properly.

Playing wip 17: Went to the tailor on Nevis and the game froze. It was fixed in 16.
Ah, I should have seen that coming! The WIP 16 "fix" wasn't much of a fix, I just restored that code to its Beta 2.5 state.
However, with the WIP 17 Fix I put the new model system back in because that turned out not to be the source of the initialization problems I was having.
But I completely forgot about fixing up the tailor to use the new system. I put it on the To-Do list and will fix it as soon as I can.

I'm afraid I cannot confirm that. Seems to be working fine here.
Are you using the default "Player" profile or not? Shouldn't matter though; even if I do use a different profile, it still worked during my test.

I'm not sure where the profile nam
I started a 3rd WIP 17 game in another storyline and got farther as in more saves and they started working properly. It just seems to be the first 2-3 saves that it can't find the active profile.

I started a 3rd WIP 17 game in another storyline and got farther as in more saves and they started working properly. It just seems to be the first 2-3 saves that it can't find the active profile.
Really strange. Anyway, I've marked it on the To-Do list to try and change it to character attribute. If I can make that work, that should fix the problem altogether. I hope.... :confused:

Uh? How do you even MANAGE that? You shouldn't be able to select anything anymore that falls outside the filter criteria.
If you DO manage to make that happen, please tell me what buttons you pressed so I can try to figure out a way to prevent it altogether.
Weird stuff happens when you fall outside the filters and we really don't want that to ever be possible. :modding
The example I had was with Master and Commander; selecting a different ship to the Surprise then means you can't re-select the Surprise unless you cancel the selection, because the filters don't include it as far as I know.

The example I had was with Master and Commander; selecting a different ship to the Surprise then means you can't re-select the Surprise unless you cancel the selection, because the filters don't include it as far as I know.
Indeed, that's true. Then just going to another storyline and back should work.
I'm not sure if it is even a good idea to have the HMS Surprise as starting ship at all. Didn't Jack Aubrey start out with the HMS Sophie?
The main reason we did it was to put the combination of character with ship model to use, with the hope that somebody might one day add a story.

And the reason for starting on Eleuthera was to be able to quickly test the addition of the United States, which is now also not a problem anymore.
So we could change it all around and set things up a bit more sensibly. Also no specific need to drop you in a hostile port at game start.
Not sure what to change it to though, but I'd welcome suggestions.

I have a problem with model: Caroline_K
Clipboard01.jpg

Now, I don't know about the other models.
others work fine though.

Looks like these two lines are missing from her initModels.c entry:
Code:
  model.sex  =  "woman";
   model.ani  =  "woman_sit";

??? I thought I fixed that with my characters_init.c change -.- If I remember right, this model should not show up at all?
Pieter should I look it up again or do you think the initmodels.c entry will do it?

EDIT: I just found my old work on the additional music.. has anybody interest in that? Would be ~ 50mb more :shrug
Maybe I can only do new town-musics, I still think that 2 tracks for towns are not really enough^^

Last edited:
??? I thought I fixed that with my characters_init.c change -.- If I remember right, this model should not show up at all?
Pieter should I look it up again or do you think the initmodels.c entry will do it?
Those are not your characters; otherwise there wouldn't be two of them. initModels.c change should do it.

EDIT: I just found my old work on the additional music.. has anybody interest in that? Would be ~ 50mb more :shrug
Maybe I can only do new town-musics, I still think that 2 tracks for towns are not really enough^^
I've still got those files on my HD, but haven't had much time to do anything with them.
Listened to a few tracks though and they sounded nice enough. Couldn't hear much distinguished nationalities in the music.
Reminded me of the music for No Man's Land. Are they not both German games? Perhaps it was the same composer.

1. Ahh okay.. then sorry for this senseless post :D

2. could indeed be :yes
Well the only thing is that the town-musics are rather short, but I think I can simply fix this with AudaCity.
I even found the updated code for the new music-code, so I wouldn't need much time for this ;)
I'll just exclude some of the music which is not-so-good or not necessary due to already good/enough music in the game and then I could upload it to the ftp?^^
I will try to keep the filesize at a minimum.

Unfortunately making it use a character attribute won't be possible; the code is too complex for that.
However, I did add a check in the Save interface so that if all else fails and the profile name is still "", it will use the default profile name instead.
Better than NO profile name. Right? Hopefully that might make a bit of difference. :confused:

Opening post updated again
Small fix file updated, fixing everything I broke with the previous one and adding a couple of improvements more:
Code:
- Cargo Quests fixed again
- Tailor Shop fixed and improved to check current period and don't display wrong-nation soldiers
- Officers equip Lockpicks, Clocks and Compasses
- Use Default Profile if game loses Storyline Profile
- Select Storyline shipname display fixed properly
- Select Storyline ship type name and class number swapped as per the other interfaces
- Lockpick adds +1 Luck to encourage players to use it
- Ship Repaint Group names improved
Please test this thoroughly. Especially try to break the Select Storyline interface!!!

I think it would be funny enough without a dialog AND I think we should do stuff like this after we finished the important coding stuff and get a stable Beta 3 ;)
but thats just my opinion ;)

This game continues to amaze me :D:

ENGINE 2013-08-21 11-46-52-79.jpg

Btw in the brothels, tho I don't get much in there, noone says anything dirty. Got an woman bringing her husband in front ...n such stuff. Should I write a proper dialogue for such a place ? ...

Btw in the brothels, tho I don't get much in there, noone says anything dirty. Got an woman bringing her husband in front ...n such stuff. Should I write a proper dialogue for such a place ? ...
Not?
"Ahoy matey, would you like to find some REAL booty?",
"Arrr!",
"Hey sailor, what's shakin?",
"I have a hat.",
"'Come into my parlour' said the spider to the fly...",
"Aye, shiver me timbers, and shiver something else if you get what I'm saying...",
"What does a mouse get when it spins?",
"The second mouse gets the cheese...",
"I'm free but not free!",
"I'm a pirate!",
"I'm here to unclog your pipes.",
"My pipes are REALLY messy.",
"Disney is going to mess with your head.",
"They sure are...",
"I may not be Fred Flinstone, but I can sure make your bed rock!",
"Is that a keg in your pants? Because I'd like to tap that ass!",
"That is some fine-lookin' cargo you got there, sweetie.",
"I'd love to pillage your village.",
"Come 'ere, girl, I wanna swab that deck!",
"I wanna sail all seven of your seas!",
"You really hoist my mainsail!",
"You can sail into my port anytime!",
"You can make me feel dirty anytime, big guy.",
"I assure you I will!",
"Wow, you looked like a boat with a big tall mast!",
"As long as that mast has a place in your harbour, toots.",
"You said you loved me!",
"Aww, baby, that was just pillow talk.",
"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!",
"Show me the money!",
"'ello luv, fancy a tumble?",
"Awww, where were you two days ago, when I had the time and the money?",
"I'll give you a discount.",
"That is the most romantic thing any woman has ever said to me!",
"So you're the new cabin boy, eh?",
"See this hook? Variable speed with five alternate attachments, baby!",
"Talk dirty to me!",
"Avast, me pretty! Strike your panties and prepare to be boarded!",
"Let's do this again, hot stuff...",
"Arrrrrrre you free on Saturday?",
"See ya soon.",
"Me skull an' crossbones aren't the only thing I plan on raisin' tonight!",
"What a lovely smile you have!",
"That's not all, me little lovely!",
We didn't want to go too far with it though and tuned several of those down from what they used to be.

Back