• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I have just ran into something new. When at sea I can swap ships fine but then can not raise or lower the sails of that ship. When I go back to my ship the sails work fine.

Also, now almost every merchant wants to send me to the Pirate Settlement. When I go there I can sell the merchant's cargo but can not do anything else, meaning I leave there with empty holds. That is bad for a merchantman.

Last edited:
I have just ran into something new. When at sea I can swap ships fine but then can not raise or lower the sails of that ship. When I go back to my ship the sails work fine.
I still can't figure out what is going on there or if I'm imagining it. Last time I tried this, I got control just fine,
but had to lower my sails several times while they were already lowered or hoist my sails several times when already at full sail.
Bit odd.

Also, now almost every merchant wants to send me to the Pirate Settlement. When I go there I can sell the merchant's cargo but can not do anything else, meaning I leave there with empty holds. That is bad for a merchantman.
The game will try to send you to a town that is friendly to themselves AND friendly to YOU. So if there is a lot of warring going on in the Caribbean OR if you are at war with many nations,
it could be that the default of the Pirate Settlement is all that is available. So what are the relations?

You could try lowering your reputation so that the pirates will deal with you again.

The Pirates never did deal with me, and the only nations that are mad at me are the Pirates and English. That leaves me free to trade with the French, Spanish, and Portagee. Right now the French are mad at most everybody, but that leaves me free to trade between the Spanish and Portagee.

It depends on what nation you get a trade mission from. Can you upload a savegame of yours again?
I'll have a look to see what trade quest potential you've got left.

In the savegame you posted the other day, your reputation is Hero. Pirates don't like you at Matey and above.

Right now I'm off on a trade mission between the Spanish and Portagees, which is a rare treat.

What can I say? I'm a Dudley Doright kinda guy. :shrug

On the Isle de Muerta - only 2 shores show up on the Sail To menu in arcade mode ( Deserted Shore, Deadmans Bay ) the other shore is missing (think it was called Witch's Rock ) - has it been removed? :shrug

:drunk

On the Isle de Muerta - only 2 shores show up on the Sail To menu in arcade mode ( Deserted Shore, Deadmans Bay ) the other shore is missing (think it was called Witch's Rock ) - has it been removed? :shrug
The code is still there, I just disabled it because there's literally nothing to do there. Ever.
If anyone wants to use it for quest purposes, it is easily re-enabled.

If you take a town for you self,and then goes direct to fort, from ship;you will be atackt by bandits, and can not move.
Iplay Jack Sparrow storyline

Capture Colonies is known to be unfinished and buggy. I'll be trying to address it over the next couple of weeks.
Here's to hoping I'll meet with success....

I still can't figure out what is going on there or if I'm imagining it. Last time I tried this, I got control just fine,
but had to lower my sails several times while they were already lowered or hoist my sails several times when already at full sail.
Bit odd.

Just tried it again. Swapped ships in the shipyard this time. Everything works except raising and lowering the sails, and I hit the W and S keys dozens of times.

To Ansel, Buddy, trust me, I've been singing that tune for a while now, pieter knows about the CC mod bugs by now, LOL xD

To Ansel, Buddy, trust me, I've been singing that tune for a while now, pieter knows about the CC mod bugs by now, LOL xD
I have always known. Ever since we had them. I've been around, you know....? :wp

Just tried it again. Swapped ships in the shipyard this time. Everything works except raising and lowering the sails, and I hit the W and S keys dozens of times.
Can you upload a savegame of that? I'll have a look. :modding

:aar

The Ship Berthing in the shipyard does not appear to be working in the Beta 3 Test version of the game.

Or am I doing something stupid. :(:modding

:drunk

You sure? I just put the Black Pearl on shore leave in Kralendijk and relaunched her.
You have to be in the Shipyard for it to work and can only do it on the island you're on though.
But all seems to work exactly as it should do when I just tested it.

What exactly isn't working for you?

Here ya go.

EDIT: I had to sell that fleut. Try to sell its cargo. I sailed all over the place and no where could I sell its cargo at a profit.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique. St Pierre port. 19-02-1554.7z
    548.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Oh back here after a few days with other stuff. What are the instructions for opening those period costumes? Fuf lost my lafeat savegame with all that moving folders and installing around. Finally installed all im testing again. Let me see how can i help? On graphics what editors or programs do u guys use?

Last update I downloaded and have been playing was the one uploaded on 6 September. Would updating to the most current one require a new game? If it wouldn't, I suppose at the least there would be incompatibilities but would they be game-breaking? I'd hate to start over, but I want to provide feedback.

Back