• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Yep start with a hoy which was lost in the storm again, But I have a plan the French want the whole island they seem hell bent on taking Bridgetown I've seen three surrender and 2 sunk reports so I'm going to take the tub and seize one of those surrendered ships :p
Another thing you can do is give yourself with the console a first rate. Then sell it and with around 300 000 the game starts pretty well :monkeydance Then you can continue playing normally.

Well, if you want to be cheating, cheatmode + console allows you to do ANYTHING.
Doesn't make the game very interesting though.

Arrrrrr!!!!:aar Been playing 6hrs straight! No crashes! :dance But I got a huge pile of log files. :D
..noticed some minor problems with the game(but can't remember it now:p, and i'm really sleepy now:rumgone)..so, i guess its all good for me so far :cool:

EDIT: So I guess for me the main thing about the capture colony now is the dialog with your assigned governor. Well, gotta go.. time to sleep..:p

Attachments

• compile.log
    500.4 KB · Views: 77
  • error.log
    51.1 KB · Views: 91
  • system.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Quick note: I'm a little disappointed that some of the personal flags have identical ensigns and pennants now.
I was testing with the Russian ensign earlier, and expected the pennant to be white, blue and red (like this), but instead it's white with a blue cross like the ensign.
Not a game-breaker, but less colourful than the national flags. No, I'm not changing this myself, though I'm not forcing anyone else to either.

Well, if you want to be cheating, cheatmode + console allows you to do ANYTHING.
Doesn't make the game very interesting though
I agree, The only cheat I use is to give myself the normal compass and that's only because on my monitor I cant read the tiny one you start with.

"Copper Plating 177 000. Bronze Cannon 143 ooo. Cotton Sails 300 000. Stays 300 000" These prices should be if you intend to upgrade and keep one ship forever. Even though I have like 2.2 million now, I don't feel like spending them on the frigate I will keep probably for a few days. And I definitely want to try it with different things and conditions. ?! Plus I try to stay away from the cheat mode, tho I use the console. These things should be around 20-30 000, so that with each ship you use for a while you can go in a few modes - the diff upgrades and enjoy all the differences.

Also, I got the frigate ready with bronze chasers. If the AI is also upgrading its ships, it probably couldn't get to the bronze cannons, got just the chasers, which is not nice. Another thing is, the f sails shouldn't cost ...double the price of the heavy bronze molded cannons.

I'm trying out realistic mode but in direct sail the day/night cycle isn't working I'm getting the end of day reports but it's always daytime
Sorry don't have a save alt tab'd to type this and the game crashed while I was typing and I hadn't saved yet

I'm trying out realistic mode but in direct sail the day/night cycle isn't working I'm getting the end of day reports but it's always daytime
Sorry don't have a save alt tab'd to type this and the game crashed while I was typing and I hadn't saved yet
Uhm.... I'm pretty sure it does work. It has been working almost forever. o_O

Oh wait.... I think I know what you mean. Iron Man Mode contains the "Open Sea Mod" that VASTLY increases the distances between islands.
However, Arcade and Realistic Game Mode don't have that, so voyages between islands would take only a couple of ingame hours while on the worldmap they'd take several days.
To compensate for that, a whole day is added for each hour at sea, so that is why you're getting those messages.
Time will progress as the day progresses though.

It is a bit of an unfortunate effect that we aren't particularly fond of either.
But that's the only simple solution we had to prevent DirectSail voyages from taking too long for "most players".
You can use these settings at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h to tweak Realistic Game Mode:
Code:
// Included in Realistic Game Mode:
#define REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA       0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Ships require counter-rudder and don't sail as if on rails
#define SHORE_DANGER_ALARM         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Red flashing icon and danger music do not start until enemies draw their blade
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO         1     // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered by sailing there manually before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL       1     // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered by finding them manually before you can use Fast Travel
#define NAVIGATION_EQUIPMENT       0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Items required for certain navigational information to become available
#define ENABLE_LIMITED_SHIPCLASS     0     // BOOL - 1=ON - When player takes command of ship of too high tier, Leadership and Sailing skills drops
#define CANNOT_RELOAD_WHILE_FIGHTING   0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Your gun won't reload while your sword is drawn
#define SAIL_OPERATE_DELAY         3     // INT - sailors will operate sails this amount of seconds after receiving command (set to 0 to restore stock PotC)
// Included in Iron Man Mode:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
#define ITEM_REALISM           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)
So you can switch the OPEN_SEA_MOD one back on, for example.

ENGINE 2013-09-29 00-52-44-25.jpg
This ship is kind of hanging in the air. If someone can fix it, to get lower into the water.

Wow, never seen them like that before. You'd have to change the waterline value in Ships_init.c .
It is the "NL_FWzP" .

I have been looking for old before and after screenies of that ship. When she was first delivered water was pouring in and out of the gun ports, so I raised her up out of the water.
Here is the only screenie I now have. It is the center ship and the darker part of the hull can just be seen. Perhaps it can be lowered, but very little.
at the warf.jpg

Did you take that screenie while she had empty holds? Empty holds would make her ride a little higher but a warship has such small holds that it should not make it rise out of the water like that. The FWzP is a VERY rare ship but I will be on the lookout for her since I am now in the proper time period.

This is weird..

some civilians try to fight me(on my captured town) soldiers try to protect me but it leads to a royal rumble.
Everytime someone tries to fight me, it all mixed up(on.my.town).

(attached save) - speightstown - the cannoneers are shooting at me.(go to port)
-i captured several towns here.

Attachments

• -=Free Play=- Barbados.zip
    825.6 KB · Views: 73
Back