• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Yes, she was empty when photoed. Went from -1.4 to -0.02 /the waterline/, some biiig amplitude, but now is comparatively OK:

ENGINE 2013-09-30 01-37-21-90.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-30 01-37-33-02.jpg

Haven't tried but don't believe it. The waterline at present still can be seen, and there is big space to the first gunports. Even loaded must look perfect.

That would be the only explanation I could think of for her looking so strange in your screenshot, but usually quite normal when you encounter her.
In actual ship stability, this would be referred to as the "tonnes per centimetre" value of a ship.
Technically this would change depending on the draft, but of course PotC uses a single value for the ship because it is vastly simplified.
But if that value is wrong, you could have the waterline appearing quite normal on one loading condition and WAY off on another.

Nearly the same. The additional content I had been hoping for ended up not working out in time.
I'll make a fully updated replacement for the opening post at some point though, when I've got more time to spare.

Because I didn't get round to updating the opening post yet. Yesterday I finished at 3 'o clock at night. Needed some sleep.
And now I still don't have the time.

Edit: Also..... my signature pointed to the wrong spot. :facepalm

The FWzP is a VERY rare ship. I have only gotten her one time in the last two years. If you still have that ship and want to test it, I just made some changes that should make the difference in ride height less than half of what it is now. I will test this myself when/if I can acquire one.

This shipsinit.c is stock beta 3 except for the changed FWZP.

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    701.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hylie, it looks like the new settings are good, allthough empty this ship is never as I imagine it. They should be incl. in Beta 3.
Empty:ENGINE 2013-09-30 22-03-02-21.jpgENGINE 2013-09-30 22-07-24-80.jpg

Full:ENGINE 2013-09-30 22-11-55-58.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-30 22-11-59-87.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-30 22-12-54-12.jpgENGINE 2013-09-30 22-14-30-21.jpgENGINE 2013-09-30 22-17-54-70.jpg

Doesn't look unreasonable, no. Good, good.
I did include it in the updated Beta 3 EXE that I just posted as well. :yes

Thank you for testing the changes. I vaguely remember that when I was working on the height I always used full holds and set it so that even in storms the water was not washing over the gun ports. It might be set a hair high.

Armada will not be pleased about the Bonaire docks.
If that ship fits other docks fine, then it's a shame to stop it from appearing there.
In fact, if this one doesn't fit, neither will the Aurora or indeed anything bigger than a lugger.

Please tell me we're not going to have to add two different levels of "Jetty Ship" checks. :facepalm

Hey, quick question, is anyone else able to make personal log entries into the ship log anymore? It always glitches up when I hit the check and never puts it on. Here's some error logs for you guys. Also, if you could get rid of the glitch where if it goes beyond a certain amount of characters and you press backspace it deletes everything you've type, that would be great too, this is minor obviously, but something to look into.

Attachments

• compile.log
    9.4 KB · Views: 82
  • error.log
    398 bytes · Views: 96
  • system.log
    7.1 KB · Views: 86
Cannot confirm the problem, I'm afraid. Works perfectly fine for me.
Consider deleting your "options" file and see if that clears anything up.

Back