• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Abnormal Program Termination Clipboard01.jpg o_O
Installed latest update: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-84#post-466840
with this fix: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/basic-defense-icon-missing.21332/#post-467124

Attachments

• error.log
    512 bytes · Views: 100
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 98
I just installed both of Levis's new updates plus I had already installed the latest update of Pieter's.

I started on the dock heading into town and F11ed, then continued. Didn't make it far before it CTDed. It turned out to be a general crash probably caused by the new video card and its Beta drivers.

Restarted, F11ed, wandered around town, sailed away on a treasure quest (empty), and then quit. No problems.

This is just speculation, but it might be that it was the first PERKS patch that is causing your problem. Levis deleted it and I never used it.

I think I used the second one. But re-downloaded it and unzipped it to my main game folder and I got the same error. Clipboard01.jpg
Oh and what's the other update?

Attachments

• error.log
    512 bytes · Views: 95
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 94
The other one is some fun dialog stuff Levis made. Dunno if you would want it.

Your error is in seadogs, which is a stock game file. You aren't even getting started before it crashes. Since it has been working for some time and now it crashes, something has gotten corrupted. Dunno what. Maybe Levis can help. :shrug

I have a Beta 3 install that was running great until it decided to quit working. Still have not found the problem and had to make a new install and start over. This is normal for me as a POTC install usually lasts 2-4 months before it quits working.

I always get these error logs when starting a new game. I just modified the goods' weights. Could it be something that I changed in the InternalSettings.h?

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 93
  • error.log
    432 bytes · Views: 101
  • system.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 98
I saw that when I tested your files too. Not sure why, but it is definitely something you did. :shrug

Can I get a fresh copy of the initGoods.c and InternalSettings.h? hehehe, please? I forgot to make a backup.

Yeah! The weird error logs are gone now and my modifications to some ships are properly working again!:dance
:bowThank you so much Sire! ..as always..:bow

EDIT: I tried to check where my problems came from and its what I did with the InternalSettings.h oohhh that file is sensitive! :boom: :D :p

Last edited:
The sails can be changed even w/o the curse. Just open the interface(F2) and choose the sail style you desire.

I know, that the sails can be changed, but it bothers me having the stock torn sails, if it were the new sail texture I wouldn't complain, unless you sail some "special sails" you'll have the stock torn ones.

Only there IS no new white torn sail texture. Somebody would have to make it.

If you change your sails to red, your cursed sails will turn to torn red ones too. Same with black.

Meaning that 0 is you do not automatically get crew in a shipyard? If so that is not the way it is currently working in the game I am playing.

Really? That's strange. You're not supposed to be getting crew on ship repair anymore. :shock

Back