• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

tried and got ctd whilst loading screen having selected a custom new game based on la croix. No idea and i will try update again in case its windows security shit thing.

Crash after starting a new game? What kind of graphics card do you have? That could be the Intel problem.

What does the atmospheric mod do ? For such a name there should have been at least one sentence description in the readme files.

The actual features of that mod are still being worked on. For now, it adds more life to the taverns.

hi there!

i've found a problem when i try to donate money to the crew,
when i click the "donate...", the menu just locks :(
and i have to go to the main menu for 'unlock' it.
any ideia what causes the bug?

btw, i'll never get tired of saying that this is the best pirate mod ever! haha

ignore the awful english :unsure

Last edited:
actually, looking the error.log i've found this:
"COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\money.c; line: 99
Invalid Expression"
or
invalid syntax"

what should i do?

Woops, looks like that is my fault. Extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE and let me know if that does work. :doff

Attachments

• interface.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 85
actually, looking the error.log i've found this:
Invalid Expression"
or
invalid syntax"

what should i do?
Nice catch bro! :onya

I recently installed new drivers and interface for the NVidia card of my laptop is a GT 610M i think. Maybe i have to configure it to start with the Nvidia and not with the intel as default as older games may not have capacity to then shift to Nvidia. ?

Not necessary. Reinstalling it indeed did the magic for me. All abilities are back as they should be, it seems. Also I can now donate money to the crew (wasn't possible yesterday). I' ll report any bugs that I will encounter.

May it be that the changes in Iron Man Mode just applied when using the installer, that is seperatly offered in this thread?

Edit: On the topic that is discussed further above. When you play the Frenchman and the guy at the beach walks towards you, just butcher him before he talks to you. This way you not only catch him off guard. You also get to keep your starting ship.:onya

Also there will be no soldiers coming after you (if I recall it right), since you prevent the storyline (the tiny bit of storyline that is there, that is) to proper initiate. But since it is more of a freeplay account anyway, that doesn't do any harm methinks.

Last edited:
Not necessary. Reinstalling it indeed did the magic for me. All abilities are back as they should be, it seems. Also I can now donate money to the crew (wasn't possible yesterday). I' ll report any bugs that I will encounter.
Indeed that bug was caught and fixed last week. I still have to update the installer, but will do so soon.

May it be that the changes in Iron Man Mode just applied when using the installer, that is seperatly offered in this thread?
Exactly true. It wouldn't happen with the ModDB files. If you DO want to update to the latest version at some point, the InternalSettings.h trick will be your friend. :doff

Edit: On the topic that is discussed further above. When you play the Frenchman and the guy at the beach walks towards you, just butcher him before he talks to you. This way you not only catch him off guard. You also get to keep your starting ship.:onya

Also there will be no soldiers coming after you (if I recall it right), since you prevent the storyline (the tiny bit of storyline that is there, that is) to proper initiate. But since it is more of a freeplay account anyway, that doesn't do any harm methinks.
Yup, that is possible. Well, people are welcome to make use of that little exploit.

(Arcade Mode)
I can see what Bathtub-pirate is saying..I noticed that too.
E.g. I can't get the Landing Party perk because this one: Clipboard01.jpg (doesn't show up) and a lot others.
And I request these ones should't be disabled or hidden from Arcade Mode / all perks show up in Arcade Mode.

EDIT: I also got this .logs btw:

Attachments

• compile.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 79
  • error.log
    1 KB · Views: 90
  • system.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
If this mod is too much trouble just get rid of it and I will try to remember not to enable those perks.

Good point on the "Landing Party" ability. That one NEEDS "Long Range Boarding" to exist. So that one must remain on no matter what.

Other than that, the abilities SHOULD be showing up properly in Arcade and Realistic Game Mode.
They only disappear in Iron Man Mode.

I'll post another update soon that has some slight modifications to this.

Back