• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Everything can be sold to the proper person. The people who sell cobblestones also buy them, and those chests and bottles most likely can be sold at the apothecary.

hi pystof , those pics that u send me make me curious ..... i download the mod , but seems like i have a freetoplay
which version of potc i need to install this ??(no specified in first post )
i also read this http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-faq/#1-which-game-are-we-talking-about
but dont no how to be able to use hole mode , keep saying freeplay or all customized locked ...e tc etc ...
1er4.png
, its a pay mod or something ?
if yes the last , how i activate it ?

relly interested in to check this mod

Last edited:
Nonono. The Horatio Hornblower storyline is scripted to run linearly. That means if you wander off on your own for a while and then come back and play the storyline it might be broken. It is not a free play storyline.

The Sea Hawk storyline is more forgiving as you can wander aimlessly doing whatever you want for as long as you want in free play, and when you return to the storyline it should not be broken.

Then there are storylines like the Devlin Opera that only have a short introduction story and are then free play from that point on.

POTC/NH is a free mod. There is no FEE to play. In some storylines you can roam and play freely and in some you must follow the script.

ahhhh ok , i see jaja , thx pistof , only those caracthers for play ? is a quite reduce number comparing to ERAS , but i see many thing that are pretty cool

Edit , i see how to change it right now jaja , thanks anyway pistof

Last edited:
Remember that each story is set in its own time period too. The Devlin Opera is set in 1560 (?) and Hornblower is set in 1793. All of the clothes and ships are period correct.

ahhhh ok , i see jaja , thx pistof , only those caracthers for play ? is a quite reduce number comparing to ERAS , but i see many thing that are pretty cool
Nearly all of the characters in PotC have an actual storyline to go with them, while Age of Pirates 2 only has that for Peter Blood.
Since you can customize your name and look both before and during the game, there is no point in adding lots of separate free play characters like Age of Pirates 2 has.
You have the choice of over 500 character models, so you shouldn't be left wanting for choice. :no

Thanks everyone. However, Windows 8 doesn't seem to like my POTC version (partially translated), I get random black screens and trader items are covered by gray squares. I haven't experienced any of those problems on Windows 7, though.

Go back to windows 7. Hehehe. I am using Indows 7 Ultimate as of now and NO PROBLEMS but...:shrug:p

okay recovery took waaaayyyyy longer then expected but I'm almost recovered from the operation now. Hope to be back to modding soon. Someone please fill me in to what I missed and what the latest version is so I can do some bug fixing and after that start working on the thing I was working on before (overhauling the dialog system so I can get all the sidequests in all storylines).

Err, actually nothing has been done but play testing and bug reporting. So you should be able to pick up where you left off.

Been away on pirating hiatus for a while. Tried out Eras for a bit. Decided I needed to come back to this beauty. Older engine, sure, but with most of the playable characters having actual storylines, it gives you more to do than simply pillage and plunder. Which is great, don't get me wrong. But the drive to do better and get more works best when there is a goal. That being said, coming back to POTC, I have the 3.1 from the latest update in the first post, but reading through these subsequent posts, I have seen a few tweaks and fixes offered along the way. So with a base game and 3.1 installed, can someone point out (or attach) said tweaks and mods that would put my game up to date?

Also, although POTC Build mod seems a more complete package than AOPs GOF Eras, there are some things I really liked about Eras. Foremost was the rather extensive list of goods available for trade in that game. I don't suppose it is an easy thing to do, but exactly how difficult would it be to add goods to the Build mod?

I'm going to install 3.1 again also but I know some fixes are made already. I will search trough the forums to find them all but if people know of some please post them here. When I have a complete list I might be able to release a 3.2 update soon cause pieter gave me all the things which you need to make it.

And if you have any bugs please report them in the bug tracker cause thats where I will work from

I have made this small fix. Rifles didn't fire during boarding.

Attachments

• LAi_boarding.c
    98.6 KB · Views: 102
There aren't all that many post-Beta 3.1 fixes, really. When I get back home in a few weeks, I'll be making a Beta 3.2 with everything included.

Indeed it is known that the Custom Skills on New Game don't work right. No clue why though. Complicated coding, that. Apparently I failed in sensing it up. :facepalm

There aren't all that many post-Beta 3.1 fixes, really. When I get back home in a few weeks, I'll be making a Beta 3.2 with everything included.

Indeed it is known that the Custom Skills on New Game don't work right. No clue why though. Complicated coding, that. Apparently I failed in sensing it up. :facepalm
Ok, I will then try to get as many fixes as possible in the next few weeks and work on some of my own projects. Hopefully we can then with 3.2 have a lot of fixes and some prework for the sidequests to the storylines. Probally it will mean I have to have the dialog overhaul ready. If that works the rest is not that hard anymore.

Back