• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Please use these files instead the ones elrapido provided. I fixed the problem he had.
I need to look into it a bit more but this will at least solve the problem of bar fights (tought I fixed it already) and the sittings guards also sometimes wanna play a game with you :).

Great job, Levis! :onya

Thank you very much.

It still has a little problem if the guard is sitting on some spots you will sit in mid air but I will fix that later.

Btw I've added a link to the WIP installer on the first post so people can find it easier.

Okay, I'm sleepy now and confused on to where to post so I'll just put it here, in general.
*Yes, the boarding not showing up icon is confirmed with the latest version: seadogs2_0002.png seadogs2_0003.png (This is the best position where the icon should appear)
*Another, the crowded and random spots of soldiers and civilians in the tavern is back: seadogs2_0001.png (Can't get the item from Gibbs w/o killing the other one)
-some civilian/soldiers take your spot too when gambling that makes a weird effect like this one
*And who's this dude in the City Hall of Port Au Prince? seadogs2_0000.png (There's not even an assigned dialog for him)

Attachments

• compile.log
    110.7 KB · Views: 80
  • error.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 114
  • system.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 85
*Yes, the boarding not showing up icon is confirmed with the latest version:
Going in opposite directions, eh? That's not going to help.
You need a high boarding skill and/or a certain boarding ability to be able to make that work.

*And who's this dude in the City Hall of Port Au Prince? (There's not even an assigned dialog for him)
Which storyline is that?
He DOES have a dialog file assigned, otherwise he would show an error message stating "No dialog file assigned" or something.
It is just that he's got nothing to say....

The ship is going 19 knots too. That is waaay too fast for boarding. That would be like trying to jump from one moving train onto another train going in the other direction.

Going in opposite directions, eh? That's not going to help.
You need a high boarding skill and/or a certain boarding ability to be able to make that work.
Yes, forgot to mention. My boarding/grappling skill is 10 and I even have all the boarding abilities.
But indeed. I got it working the other way around: seadogs2_0000.png seadogs2_0001.png
But still, got me struggling a bit: seadogs2_0003.png seadogs2_0004.png
Which storyline is that?
He DOES have a dialog file assigned, otherwise he would show an error message stating "No dialog file assigned" or something.
It is just that he's got nothing to say....
La Croix storyline.

EDIT: My bad. Yeah, those struggling parts were not a problem. The ship was going too fast like @Hylie Pistof suggests. This time its 21 knots! :facepalmxD:razz

Attachments

• compile.log
    46.5 KB · Views: 84
  • system.log
    357.1 KB · Views: 104
La Croix storyline.
Ah, yes. That is a story character.

EDIT: My bad. Yeah, those struggling parts were not a problem. The ship was going too fast like @Hylie Pistof suggests. This time its 21 knots! :facepalmxD:razz
An old style sailing vessel going THAT fast? Holy crap! That is TOP SPEED for most modern cruiseships. :shock

By contrast, in the TV show Black Sails, there was a ship chase where they were doing 6 knots (less than 8 km/h) and needed at least 7 knots to make it.
That's realism for you! Dead slow realism. :cheeky

Indeed it is :p.
Will take another look at those characters. You can always exit the location and enter it again.

Playing the latest updates,

The soldiers in the taverns are still provoking fights did I need to start a new game. I did hit F12. second I seem to recognized a lot more than ever before.

From what I understand of the code, the fighting soldiers do still happen, but not always like before.

When you say "recognized", do you mean you false flag at sea or are you still referring to those soldiers?

Playing the latest updates,

The soldiers in the taverns are still provoking fights did I need to start a new game. I did hit F12. second I seem to recognized a lot more than ever before.

you must have done something wrong then or pieter didn't include the random_guards_group_dialog.c in the modpack cause there is no way they can provoke a fight with you.

I confirmed that the latest installer DOES install correctly. And I have your changes there in my game. So that wouldn't make sense.

What date do you have shown in your main menu, @Jason?

From what I understand of the code, the fighting soldiers do still happen, but not always like before.

When you say "recognized", do you mean you false flag at sea or are you still referring to those soldiers?
Walking around town usually armed citizens.

you must have done something wrong then or pieter didn't include the random_guards_group_dialog.c in the modpack cause there is no way they can provoke a fight with you.
You know my men draw blades first. What is that about?

The ship is going 19 knots too. That is waaay too fast for boarding. That would be like trying to jump from one moving train onto another train going in the other direction.
19 knots is definitely too fast. I know the Black Pearl is supposed to be fast, but even she should not be able to do 19.8 knots in a 14.1 knot wind unless someone fitted her with an outboard motor. :)

On the other hand, this is a game based on a film involving pirates who are normal by day and skeletons by night, an indestructible ship and magic cursed coins, all of which appear in the game. And we're talking about how realistic a ship's speed is and whether it's realistic to jump to another ship while moving at that speed. xD

19 knots is definitely too fast. I know the Black Pearl is supposed to be fast, but even she should not be able to do 19.8 knots in a 14.1 knot wind unless someone fitted her with an outboard motor. :)
True. Though I have heard that it IS possible for sailing vessels vessels to go faster than the wind in some conditions.

On the other hand, this is a game based on a film involving pirates who are normal by day and skeletons by night, an indestructible ship and magic cursed coins, all of which appear in the game. And we're talking about how realistic a ship's speed is and whether it's realistic to jump to another ship while moving at that speed. xD
Apart from some storyline content and a couple of jokes, our modpack has always aimed for realism.
The Black Pearl is the fastest ship in the game though, but not excessively so. Perhaps DavyJack modified her files; she likes to do that. :wp

Back