• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening post EXE updated
NEW GAME RECOMMENDED again, though not enforced.
You may get some (relatively harmless) error.log entries if you use existing savegames.

This contains a fair few "final touches"as mentioned elsewhere on the forum.
But we're not yet fully ready for the public release; still more stuff to be done as shown here:
Notice - Build 14 Beta 4: To-Do List | PiratesAhoy!
Still, getting closer and closer! :dance

Here's the full list of changes:
- "Character Address Form" depends on chosen flag by me (disabled)
- Small fixes to leveling/smuggling by @Levis
- Added building checker for quests so they will stay in place by @Levis
- Expanded on apothecary quest again by @Levis
- Made treasure quest more flexible so it can be used for quest purposes also by @Levis
- Indians now equip bows and arrows (when set to isIndian do still need to do this for encounters) by @Levis
- Improve Fight AI code by @Levis (Check in the WIP section of globals to enable it)
- Added NoRaise attribute for characters so their salary won't increase (or decrease) by @Levis
- Fixed equipment code so that if a character has a gun it will always at least have 1 ammo for it by @Levis
- Ships "see" each other at a lower range by me
- Navy Officers who lost their ship can get a new one (or will be dismissed from the service) by me
- 'chr_ai.group' attribute ALWAYS added to cleared characters by me (prevents error.log entries)
- Sabine Matton stats modified by @Levis
- Baldewyn Coffier salary dialog corrected by @pedrwyth
- Corrections to "pickpocket money" by me
- "Leaving the Service" code corrected by me
- Cannot change flag except at sea and on player ship by me
- Use and looting of muskets with bayonets fixed by @Jack Rackham
- SetServedNation ALWAYS overrides "pirate" status by me
- Smuggling Quest unlocked for Personal governors by me
- Useless Coast Raider AI code removed by me
- Brigantine Castell Friedrichsburg 1688 high-detail custom model added by @Rider88, @Hylie Pistof, @Armada and me (WIP)
- Hylie Pistof tavern owner improved by @Mirsaneli and @Jack Rackham
- "Ardent" WIP storyline added by @Grey Roger (disabled)
- Free play "Agent" quest texts corrected by @Grey Roger
- Assigning female governors to captured colonies fixed by me
- Improved steam engine sound by @Robert Nutter
- Improved Bellona models by @DF5
- "Soleil Royal" interface picture restored by @Grey Roger
- Schooner1 stock game texture restored by me

Just as a head's up to everyone: There will be another Installer EXE coming tomorrow evening (European time).
To ensure that everyone is playing the same, clean version of the game, a NEW GAME WILL BE ENFORCED!

I haven't done that in a while and I have no clue what effects reusing old savegames has now, so I think this will be the safest thing to do.

Opening post EXE updated
NEW GAME ENFORCED as previously announced.

Closer and closer we get and this one contains yet more fixes.
As for new stuff, the following are probably the most noteworthy:
- "Ardent" storyline can now be enabled using the "Unfinished Storylines" option in the Installer EXE
- Three brand new Brigantines in The Spanish Main through to Colonial Powers
- Indians use Bow and Arrow

And don't forget: We've still got PLENTY of things that we need tested and to get feedback on:
Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy!
So don't be shy and try out the things mentioned there and COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!

Here's the full list of changes:
- "Ardent" storyline started by @Grey Roger
- Brigantine Castell Friedrichsburg 1688 high-detail custom model added by @Rider88, @Hylie Pistof, @Armada, @Grey Roger and me (in three different paint schemes)
- Coast Raider captains equipped with weapons again by me
- Old "Cell Navigation" code removed from DirectSail by @jsv
- New character attribute triggers "Soldier Reinforcements" when that character is killed by me
- Difficulty Levels renamed by me
- Main Menu, QuickSave and QuickLoad disabled while being resurrected by @Levis and me
- 'GetCharacterCurrentIsland' fixed to work for companion ships by me
- Sabine Matton cannot be assigned to shore party by @pedrwyth
- Random Pirates dialog fixed by me
- Albin Bonaventure "Santiago" reference fixed by me
- Many improvements to "Indian Arrows" by @Jack Rackham
- Looting and use of Blade Muskets fixed by @Jack Rackham and me
- Indians don't get European names anymore by me
- Cannot become more than Friendly without a LoM/navy commission by me
- No wounded crew ever killed during battle by me
- Attempted fix for NPC ships being slow when sailing into the wind by @Hylie Pistof and me
- Strange "middle names" prevented for Shore Crewmember encounter characters by me
- Treasure Quests appear again by me
- Treasure Chests contain loot again by @Levis
- Expanded on apothecary quest again by @Levis
- Random Generated Indians and natives now also carry bow and arrow by @Levis and @Jack Rackham
- Reduced amount of arrows you'll find in indian treasure because you first need to equip a quiver so you couldn't get the others anyway by @Levis
- Drunk Guards in standard storyline are now being reset by @Levis
- You can toss the smugging patrol schedule now by @Levis
- If the coastguard attacks you, you can accidentally hit a smuggler without them fighting you by @Levis
- If you let the coastguard take the smugglers you can now accidentally hit the coastguard without them fighting you by @Levis
- FromSeaChance is now used right in the smuggling script by @Levis
- New location in Cartagena with historical person (although she will also appear in the other time periods) by @Levis
- Stormy Start code, including smuggling goods, generalized by me
- Standard Storyline "Oiseau" texts clarified by me
- Removed "flags" code from several unnecessary spots by me

Opening post ZIP updated
New Game NOT required.
F11 recommended for the ships_init entries to be updated.

Contains the following changes:
- SharedXP should now work differently as discussed before (still TODO: Change description in perk overview) by @Levis
- Small fix for fort commanders, now they should really be initialized right by @Levis
- Fixed a bug where passengers on other ships might not update instantly in the character interface when getting xp by @Levis
- Small fix in dialog file by @Levis
- Small fix for missing chr_ai by @Levis
- Fix in console where case 3 didn't work as advertised by @Levis
- Moved some code around to make it better to look at by @Levis
- "Castaway" player type added by me (WIP: Not yet fully functional and completed)
- Visibility range code corrected by me (player skills affect spyglass range and sail-to information now)
- Resurrection code modified so main menu isn't locked if you die by me
- "LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL" code typo fixed by me
- Ship's Log sounds only for "General" and "Personal" entries by me
- Random pirates don't turn hostile until you close the dialog by @morgan terror
- AI groups for random characters corrected by me (should prevent "tavern guards turning hostile in ALL towns at the same time")
- Tacking code modified again by me
- Visibility range values increased by @Grey Roger
- CastelF ship walk file restored by @Hylie Pistof
- Postillionen removed as "jetty ship" by me
- Assassin storyline "missing item ID" log entry corrected by me
- Jack Sparrow storyline Isla de Muerta indians generation replaced by me

Minor detail: I didn't increase visibility ranges. @Hylie Pistof suggested the new ranges; I merely pointed out that they needed to be in a different order; and someone else presumably implemented them.

I implemented your changed numbers, @Grey Roger.

And everything you need to get the latest mod version can be found in the opening post of this thread.
It includes an explanation in what you need and how as well.

Opening post ZIP updated again, includes @Levis' new stuff as well as some slight corrections of mine.
Hopefully this puts the confusion of the past two days back to normal. :facepalm

Reactions: A.H
Opening post ZIP updated
New Game ENFORCED
This is because there seemed to have been some nasty errors with the previous versions.

- Keep your fists equipped after you die by me
- Castaway player type added to replace Evil Stormy Start on Free Play by me
- Sailor and Pirate "officer types" disabled for random encounters by me
- LAi define line restored to prevent crazy situations by me
- Random guards moved into their own LAi group again as it was before by me
- Removed "guards" from pirate taverns by me
- Blocking/experience code from fencing restored to earlier state by me (because there was a near-invisible logic error with the newer code for whatever reason)
- Pirate soldier group now exists by me (as far as I can tell, it INTENTIONALLY didn't exist before; but I haven't a clue WHY)
- Resetting of AI groups made more common by me
- Improved performance on Apothecary Quest by @Levis

Opening post ZIP updated

- Fix to Leveling where some characters didn't get XP by @Levis
- Some fixes to apothecary quest by @Levis
- Little expansion to apothecary quest by @Levis
- Sailor and Pirate "officer types" enabled again for random encounters by @Levis
- Fixed dialog for random sailors by @morgan terror

If you guys REALLY want, you can find the very latest files here: Notice - Build 14 Beta 4: To-Do List | Page 3 | PiratesAhoy!
Even less of an easy install than the regular ZIPs, because I had to split it into two as it didn't fit into one anymore.
And I am too tired now to write the change log.

Still, it will probably work once you figure out how to install it. Good luck! :razz

Cheers,

just read this:
- Old "Cell Navigation" code removed from DirectSail by @jsv

... and wonder what "cell navigation" may have been?

... and wonder what "cell navigation" may have been?
The DirectSail feature originally made for Build 13 didn't depend on the actual worldmap, but on "cells".
If I recall, there is still a description about that in the "Build History & Tutorials.pdf" file in the game's "Documentation" folder.

Basically, each island was in its own "cell" and when you'd get to the edge of the cell, the game would check your heading and based on that reload you to the next cell in that direction.
To make voyages accross the "empty space" in the middle of the Caribbean take longer, the fake "Battle Rocks" island was added in the middle.

Now that the actual worldmap coordinates are used, that is all no longer necessary.
And the "Battle Rocks" island ended up being relocated and repurposed as "Petit Tabac".

Thanks Pieter.

I remember having read something about then when I started using direct sail. I wonder what effect this now has on actual gameplay?

Does it mean that there is a higher correlation between world map and open sail positions now? So that, for example, I can use the world map to pass a great distance of water and then, near an island, drop out of it and continue in direct sailing? Hrm, what I just wrote sound complicated ... when I did that before, it was always hard to predict where precisely in relation to an island I dropped out of the world map, I guess because I just dropped somewhere inside the "cell" of this island. Would you say this is improved now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back