• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save At Sea is a mod added feature (the original game didn't have that functionality at all), but it doesn't work 100% correctly.
Specifically, sail state and cannon reload status can't seem to be saved and loaded again.
That is why saving is deliberately disabled while close to enemy ships.

In order to save a game during sea combat one must sail over 500 yards away and then save. But when the game is restarted all ships have full sails again.

Huh. All these new features look pretty interesting. I hope I will find some time to play this next week. And I suppose I should update that guide I wrote some time ago; it's about time.

Huh. All these new features look pretty interesting. I hope I will find some time to play this next week. And I suppose I should update that guide I wrote some time ago; it's about time.
Ahoy there! Good to see you in these waters again. :cheers

Opening post ZIP updated
New Game not required; but definitely recommended!!!

Contains the following changes:
- Merged several separate "enemy group generating" functions together by me
- Ship's Log update sound limited to only real updates by me
- Godmode works on sails too by me
- Initialize character ships at start of game to avoid this being done later by me
- Pirate Tutorial added by @Grey Roger
- Reputation names now properly in line by @Grey Roger
- Character officer types linked to their models by me
- Experience gain balancing modified by @HellSailor
- Can only hire normal random officer types by me
- Random character dialog reputation changes limited by @Grey Roger
- Tavern guards recognition dialog modified by me
- Itemsbox code cleaned up by @Jack Rackham
- Avoid carrying more than 3 arrows without a Quiver by @Jack Rackham
- Modified titles and subtitles in Officer interface by me
- Select Storyline "Naval Officer" behaviour disabled for Pirate and Personal by me
- Allow buying Navy ships in Personal towns by me
- Disabled random enemies at Cave Entrances by me
- Smuggling Quest disabled for Personal towns by me
- Relations Tutorial times out after a while by @Grey Roger
- Ships tacking code updated by me
- Cutter cannon assignments updated
- Ardent storyline update by @Grey Roger
- No smuggling goods for Personal islands by me

hello there ! been visiting here once in a while and I installed the latest build to give it a try. I like to play with full realism except the real island distances and I've come up to something that annoys me quite a bit. That is that AI ships are spamming or at least using the anchor "pirates of the Caribbean style" turning ability which quite breaks immersion and is also unfair (and ugly ^^). I've "played" around abit with internalsettings but can't find anything to change that.

tldr : I want to play iron man mode without real distances, maybe allow me to put in world map (for bays I can't find), and not allow that unrealistic ability. how to do that?

cheers!

@anchoret: Did you install also the zip from the opening post in this thread?
I posted one yesterday that should solve the ships spinning.

For your realism request, switch to Realistic Game Mode, then open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h with Notepad and change the options at the top.

@anchoret: Did you install also the zip from the opening post in this thread?
I posted one yesterday that should solve the ships spinning.

For your realism request, switch to Realistic Game Mode, then open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h with Notepad and change the options at the top.

I didn't notice that :/ There's much work to play this one.. i had the issue with windows 10 with the low fps, the solution was in this forum though ( installed riva tuner to lock fps or something) ;maybe put that tip in the install-download post if it isn't there already. Great work to say again with the mod, I try the new ones or watch videos (CoAH-GOF, TEHO) and can't put up with way the ships turn or how the cannons work thus I always come back to new horizons even though it might not have some new features.

My experience is smooth till now and enjoyable. I like the news at the tavern and how they give you quests for free play :keith. if I had to give something more it would be how much I remember the cannon salvo , when you have reached cannons skill 10, to focus at one tight point; like the concentration of shots when they hit seemed to compressed? . maybe too much and that's it fn. :bounce:type1

Ahoy mates!!!
so i have b14b4wip 14 feb version is it the latest cause i think Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy! is feb 18 version am i correct ?? is feb14 the latest or is the link updated coz i'm downloading the zip hoping its new update tell me so that i stop to not waist my time downloading thanks
I should probably update my signature.... Last version I posted was 13 March 2016.
You need the 14 Feb 2016 EXE from opening post AND the 13 March 2016 ZIP as well.

If you have the CAB file already, you can safely get the new stuff.
If you DON'T have the CAB file already, you may want to wait until the beginning of next week.
The intention is to have a brand new version available for testing by then.

I should probably update my signature.... Last version I posted was 13 March 2016.
You need the 14 Feb 2016 EXE from opening post AND the 13 March 2016 ZIP as well.

If you have the CAB file already, you can safely get the new stuff.
If you DON'T have the CAB file already, you may want to wait until the beginning of next week.
The intention is to have a brand new version available for testing by then.
oh I see I already have the 14 Feb exe installer and I'm almost done now with the zip file [by cab you mean the zip file sorry I'm not that good with such words]

oh I see I already have the 14 Feb exe installer and I'm almost done now with the zip file [by cab you mean the zip file sorry I'm not that good with such words]
No, by ZIP file I mean the ZIP file. Believe it or not.... :rolleyes:

It is the one referred to in the opening post with this line:
Extra Fix: See attached (if available)
That one actually has ".zip" at the end of the name. :razz

No, by ZIP file I mean the ZIP file. Believe it or not.... :rolleyes:

It is the one referred to in the opening post with this line:

That one actually has ".zip" at the end of the name. :razz
i look like a stupid after asking such question i knew it was zip but i wasn't sure of what cab means after i took a look for it in google i understand now lol
and i'm done with downloading i only need to install it on a fresh potc copy and i'm with the latest is that it (thanks in advance)

i look like a stupid after asking such question i knew it was zip but i wasn't sure of what cab means after i took a look for it in google i understand now lol
and i'm done with downloading i only need to install it on a fresh potc copy and i'm with the latest is that it (thanks in advance)
CAB means b14_beta4_full.CAB

Opening post 7-ZIP updated
New Game enforced!!!

This will be the same game version that will be posted as a proper large archive in a few days.
I myself will make no further changes, unless next week's testing makes it necessary.
This is intended to be pretty much the upcoming Beta 4 public release.

Contains the following changes:
- Modified experience distribution by me
- Improved Sabine Matton sidequest by @pedrwyth
- Improved "can trade or not" behaviour by @Grey Roger
- Fix to avoid quest characters with negative levels by me
- Update to Officer Interface to show no percentages for 0 and 10 skills
- Shipyard buy/sale prices correction by @pedrwyth
- Jean-Baptiste du Casse starts with his correct nation relations
- Disabled Governor Smuggling Quest for Personal towns by me
- Portuguese Fast Navy made more common by @Hylie Pistof
- Decreased maximum wind angle change per hour by me
- Further updates to Ardent storyline by @Grey Roger