• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found 2 new glitches
First some English ships tried to pick a fight with me on the world map even though I was friendly to England and had the English flag up

Second after wining the smuggling times from a guard I went to gamble with another person after exiting from the game if blackjack the guy I was gambling with stood up and told me some smuggling times (he was not a guard) now my character won't stand back up and I'm stuck in the tavern.

Please tell me exactly what modpack version you're running according to your game main menu.

What does "picking a fight" mean on the worldmap?
Was an English ship chasing you all over the place?
I know for certain regular "follow ships" really do need to belong to hostile nations.

Where did you get that loan of yours?
If reputation keeps dropping and you are chased, maybe it somehow didn't get paid back?
I know there is code for a "punitive squadron" related to that.

Opening post ZIP updated
New Game not required

Contains the following changes:
- Garbage in questbook entries fixed by @Grey Roger and @pedrwyth
- Looting in Maltese Knight Abbey fixed again by me
- Select Storyline Interface location description restored by me
- Update to Pirate Tutorial by @Grey Roger
- Enemy groups with custom guns get correct ammo by me
- Indians always get bow and arrow by me
- Random enemies correctly generated again by me
- Error.log prevention for missing model types by me
- Temporary end added to Apothecary quest by @pedrwyth
- Forts and Ships ALWAYS forced through Levelling upon login by me
- Incorrect hostile soldier patrols fixed by me

I'm using the 14 of February version

The English ships chase me on the world map and are automatically enemy's when I engage them
I did some tests and the reputation was rascal but when I went into a ship battle with English ships (I just ran away) my reputation went down to swindler with out telling me
(Edit
I got the loan from bridge town but might of not returned the loan when I thought I did and it went overdue because the next time I talked to him he said I should be dead
End edit)

Last edited:
@ELDYLO: Can you post a savegame where you're chased by these hostile English ships?

@Caramilk: Please post a savegame just prior to the sale for that too.
I thought we fixed that problem already. Several times! :shock

Opening post ZIP updated
New Game not required

- Missing character at cave entrances fixed by @pedrwyth
- Disguiser perk now functional for Standard storyline first mission by @pedrwyth
- Smuggling error fixed by me
- Update to Colonies Interface behaviour by me

The gunboat cargo capacity is 4000 in the latest version, I think you mean 400 ...

refShip.Capacity = 4000; // PB: Just enough to allow installing Navarone Carronades

Looks like I increased it on purpose so you can fit some huge cannons on there.
Of course the mod that had cannons related to capacity was temporarily abandoned anyway, so at the moment it isn't quite necessary.

I installed this latest zip this morning and immediately noticed that the compass had no radar and the spyglass had no information. It seems a setting in internalsettings.h that is not normally ticked is now ticked. I unticked it and now all is back to normal.

What setting? I definitely didn't change any defaults! :shock

I should probably double check that my usual test toggles are off.

Opening post ZIP updated
New Game not required

- Missing character at cave entrances fixed by @pedrwyth
- Disguiser perk now functional for Standard storyline first mission by @pedrwyth
- Smuggling error fixed by me
- Update to Colonies Interface behaviour by me

I down loaded and installed the zip and all my saves were incompatible. So that looks like New Game Required to me. I was playing the most recent version with the previous zip.

New game was required a week ago or so.

Public release should be on Tuesday I imagine.
Uploaded the final archive a few hours back.

Final correction made to the opening post ZIP. That is basically me done.

This is just an observation. It seems the false flag is working well as I can sail into and out of hostile ports fine. But I am seeing consistently that shop merchants are recognizing me and refusing to deal with me. I can deliver cargo to them but then they want to call the guards.
The blacksmiths and shipyards are ok with me and deal with me normally.

Another observation. In this game I started out as French and for some reason France is mad at EVERYBODY. So I was expecting to just service French ports for the first year or so, but no, everyone wants to send me to English ports. So the Portagee flag is getting a lot of use. :wp

Last edited:
This is just an observation. It seems the false flag is working well as I can sail into and out of hostile ports fine. But I am seeing consistently that shop merchants are recognizing me and refusing to deal with me. I can deliver cargo to them but then the want to call the guards.
The blacksmiths and shipyards are ok with me and deal with me normally.
What are your exact nation relations?
That may be related to some changes @Grey Roger made.

Another observation. In this game I started out as French and for some reason France is mad at EVERYBODY.
Depending on the starting year, you could end up in the "War of the League of Absburg" (or whatever its name was).
That is also a recent change by @Grey Roger. It is historically accurate and indeed France is there hated by all.

Who wants to send you to English ports? What quests are you referring to?

My exact nation relations? They are -60 for everyone except the pirates, who are -90. The year is 1690.

The French merchants keep sending me to English merchants instead of other French merchants. I have tried English and Dutch merchants on my own and they refuse to talk to me. The Portagee merchant did let me buy goods from him.

My exact nation relations? They are -60 for everyone except the pirates, who are -90.
Ah yes; then indeed you'd have a hard time trading anywhere.
Unless you're a Hero or Terror or the High Seas.

The year is 1690.
That's indeed in the middle of that date range: 1688-1697.

The French merchants keep sending me to English merchants instead of other French merchants. I have tried English and Dutch merchants on my own and they refuse to talk to me.
And France and England aren't actually neutral? That's a bit odd.
I'm not intimately familiar with how that is supposed to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back