• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Centurion

In order to install those I would need to attach them to mast2 in order to get good sight lines so they line up properly. They will have to wait until mast2 is repaired.

oh wow, that completely slipped by me with all my other projects, my bad. Is there a chance anyone else could do it? i dont have any of the modding programs here, or the files for that matter.

*Tries not to give self more work*... *Fails*. :rolleyes:

I tried to fix it from your GM file, but that seems to be a no-go. The UVs of each component have been completely flattened into a single line, so they only cover a tiny area of the textures, hence the weird colouring. Re-mapping the UVs is one option, but I don't know what they looked like in the first place, so it would take ages. :facepalm
Instead, I've had to go back to the Maya file that Damski uploaded. The UVs are intact, luckily, so I just need to export the mast again.

In other news, this business of the 'DECO' texture is a bit annoying. A while back, I renamed it to 'DECOR' and the hull now uses that, but the masts still look for 'DECO'.
Hylie's solution of renaming it to 'DECC' is fine, but lo and behold, we have two identical textures. We've got enough duplicates as it is.
Also, the way the modelled ropes are configured, the ship will start to look pretty weird when masts are knocked off.

So, while I've got the original Maya file anyway, I might as well export all four masts with fixes for the above.
I'll need the coordinates of all four mast geometry locators to line them up properly. Hylie, could you help with this?

Sorry for the delay; first I came across problems with the original model's scale and positioning, and now I'm having problems exporting these masts successfully.
I'm so fed up with this temperamental export plug-in, and TOOL isn't helping either. :modding

Well, I just managed to export a mast properly and TOOL was able to read it... but somehow it has the texture bug that I was trying to fix in the first place.
So yes, it must be haunted. :rumgone

What it needs is a good exorcism. That'll require one of the ingame priests from any island, and a functioning model of the ship without masts in the game.

Back