• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cleaning Up the Advanced Options

30X works, though it doen't look good. I just don't like the sight of a sailing ship jumping over the waves that fast.

In combast situations I don't use any acceleration.

I'm being busy again with the final version of the cleaned up Advanced Options menu.
I took a few fairly useless toggles and moved them into InternalSettings.h, such as USE_REAL_CANNONS and EXTRA_HIT_CHECK.
Also, at Jason's request, Realistic Ship Purchase is going back in.

Additionally, I'm rewriting just about all setting titles and descriptions to hopefully clarify on what they do and to just generally make it look nicer.
Hopefully once Beta 2.5 is done, we won't need to mess around with this ever again and it'll just be the way we want it at long last! :whipa

Hopefully once Beta 2.5 is done, we won't need to mess around with this ever again and it'll just be the way we want it at long last!

Riiiiggghhttt..... :rofl

Actually, one more thing we should probably get rid of:
Code:
bool START_DIFF_SHIPCAP    = 0;
    // 1: Takes player's level and ship class into account when generating ship encounters
    // 0: Encounters are completely random
Because the "being notified of all sightings" button in the Options>Difficulty Settings menu appears to be doing the exact same thing.
Or does anyone think we should keep the button under Game Preferences instead? :wp

As far as I'm concerned, we can consider this "Solved". Unless anyone has any pressing issues with the way it stands now.... :wp

I am removing the "Changing Nation Relations" settings from the Game Preferences menu.
It will now be ALWAYS ON in the Free Play and Devlin Opera storylines and ALWAYS OFF in the other ones.
Exception is the Hornblower storyline where it is enabled after the main quest has completed.

Now that there is a dedicated Free Play Storyline, there isn't much sense allowing it to be enabled in the Standard Storyline anymore, is there?

If anyone has any objections to this, now would be a good time to mention it.... :wp

This sounds good to me. It makes Free Play more dynamic and ensures that storylines behave themselves. :onya

Back