• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but each store acts on 2 things:

1.) You can buy items like from any other street merchant
2.) You can buy cargo for the ship

Hes asking which of the 2 choices in the store are causing it.

Yea but each store acts on 2 things:

1.) You can buy items like from any other street merchant
2.) You can buy cargo for the ship

Hes asking which of the 2 choices in the store are causing it.

Man, :whipa like I said, I didn't mention any store. If you want to get the error you have to sail on a ship for a few days. The error is about the ship food ratio. The store are ok, well so far they are.

Cheers, :cheers

So were the stat adjustments and text removed from the rings and other items from the vanilla game removed on purpose or was that accidental? I do know that things like the bronze ring, copper cross and the idols do NOT give bonuses any longer. In fact, the only things I've found that add bonuses are the books at this time.

Cap'n Drow

hey guys,im playing the combined mod and i was looking in the RPGutilite text file and i noticed i can no longer edit a single characters starting P.I.R.A.T.E.S. stats or skills. for all i know atleast..

it gives the general character type: corsair,adventurer,etc. but i want to edit JUST Peter Blood or also JUST the Antonio De Soto player.. is this possible?
thanks for all the work on this mod,we've waited a long time for this!

[quote name='Cap'n_Drow' date='18 July 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1279457361' post='373524']
So were the stat adjustments and text removed from the rings and other items from the vanilla game removed on purpose or was that accidental? I do know that things like the bronze ring, copper cross and the idols do NOT give bonuses any longer. In fact, the only things I've found that add bonuses are the books at this time.

Cap'n Drow
[/quote]

That is an intentional feature of the Complete Sailor's Guide to Privateering, which is not part of CM 3.1.5. The entire purpose of the books was to be a replacement for the vanilla items. Feels a bit less like voodoo magic this way. The books are capable of providing as much as +60 to every skill, excluding the 3 rarest manuals, so you shouldn't miss the vanilla items once your game gets rolling and you can afford the better books. in order to not make the vanilla items completely useless, I increased the values of a few of them to make them more attractive loot, but I never tested the game with the current values, and feel that some more tweaking is in order.

I'm playing Cm V3 plus patch 1 (did not install patch 2). Now I noticed that you can wear, for example, 50 rings each one +10% Luck, but your luckiness profile is always only plus 10%. That seems to be the situation forr any gadget, they seem to work only one time...Is my thought correct or am I missing something?

I'm playing Cm V3 plus patch 1 (did not install patch 2). Now I noticed that you can wear, for example, 50 rings each one +10% Luck, but your luckiness profile is always only plus 10%. That seems to be the situation forr any gadget, they seem to work only one time...Is my thought correct or am I missing something?

Yes, in vanilla and CM V3 that i how the items work. With the Books addon, there are various at least 3 different books for each skill and the stat bonuses are cumulative.

Cap'n Drow

Thats not changed from the original COAS game. You can only get one kind of bonus one time. It would be to overpowered otherwhise since you can get sh*tloads of those items once you are past level 10.

Encountered a bug when thrown to jail in Port Royale, when Morgan comes to free you the dialogue is bugged. He says why am I bothering him in his residency, then Blood replies Ok, sorry Morgan I'm going...(or something similar)Can't talk to him he just stands there basically breaking the plot and I am stucked in my well deserved place in a jail-cell forever :rolleyes:

do you think it would be possible to get these type of shadows in the game? Anyone? :shrug

That would take a rewrite of the rendering engine, Craiggo. Possible, but would need a serious coder.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to jump. Swimming needs to be better animated and give a use beyond swimming to your ship in COAS.

Cap'n Drow

I notice the arabella has a new texture in the latest version of the combinedmod. I want it in my old game, but I can only get it when I start a new one. What folder is it in so I can copy it? Textures is the one thing I know about, and I KNOW you do not need to start a new game after changing them. I've made sails and flags before.

I haven't played 3.1.5 yet so i don't know about the new texture. However COAS has a system where it will generate the ship with one of 3 textures. If the ship only has 1 texture then it will bypass that and only generate ships with that single texture, but ships with more than 1 texture are subject to either of those textures been used when the ship is generated.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Roy\Desktop\Planes\Age Of Pirates 2\Age of Pirates 2 Modded Version\RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\ArabellaShip1 and you will see 3 folders called Hull 1, 2 and 3, each one of those folders has its textures. I think each folder has a seperate texture so paste the textures into the same locations in your games directory.

I haven't played 3.1.5 yet so i don't know about the new texture. However COAS has a system where it will generate the ship with one of 3 textures. If the ship only has 1 texture then it will bypass that and only generate ships with that single texture, but ships with more than 1 texture are subject to either of those textures been used when the ship is generated.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Roy\Desktop\Planes\Age Of Pirates 2\Age of Pirates 2 Modded Version\RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\ArabellaShip1 and you will see 3 folders called Hull 1, 2 and 3, each one of those folders has its textures. I think each folder has a seperate texture so paste the textures into the same locations in your games directory.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I remember dealing with that when I wanted a black frigate. Thasnks. :)

another suggestion: the flag of the brittish ships is very very very strange..... could you fix it to a more quality one?
British%20Red%20Ensign.jpg

it hurts me that dutchmen have prettier flags...

Greetings. Im maybe a moron, but where can I find an updated, detailed feature list for last CM ?
I really want to know something about this mod, before I patch my vanilla game with more than 2 gig..

Thanks

Dan

Edit:

As it used to be in the old times, I acted first, and realised basic things later...
I just saw at the FAQ topic, that a detailed feature list is upcoming... ^^

Then I only humbly ask for some info, that what aspects changed in the game by CM? I mean, I want all the new ships, and characters :p
and that ships rating, and calibre fixing mods also sounds nice, but can you tell me, what else is changed via the modpack?

Ive seen the names of the mods inside one of the topics, but what they do? :p

Are there also a "trigger list" like in POTC build mod, to select, what mod you want to use?

And some personal back-itching:

DID ANYONE found a way, to reduce the damn fog on the horizon, when you look at sea from a port? Or in any other way someone made a more far view distance? :D

Downloaded some fog mod, but it changed something maybe only at sea battles, but in ports, the same old "the sea, and the sky is one big grey mass, and ships are floating inside that thing..." awaits me.

Anyway, compared to POTC-es somewhat more realistic like lighting, and texture colors, AOP2 still looks very cartoon / painting like.

weird effect :D

Thanks! :keith

Dan Wolf

Edit2:

Jump.

Since the "sidestep" mod for POTC, (I think Pieter did that one :p) it seems to me that making a somewhat simple, un-animated jumping mod isnt impossible, nor VERY hard. (all cerdits to Pieter, and as I remember, he fought heroically, to make it stable, so it wasnt an easy work, im just saying, that maybe that mod is the best way to start thinking.)

Hmm. Can anyone pinpoint me where to look in the AOP2 files, to remake the POTC sidestep mod for vertical movement? :D (the falling back is another problem, but maybe the lame "physical engine" gives a solution automatically, as I can "fall" in some cases anyway ^^)

Edit3:
Oh god... the unpacked CM315 is more than 5 gig o_O ..... If it worth the space, then Im going to loose my job, girlfriend, and sanity, trapped inside a perfect seadog simulation, "best game ever", etc. ... Khm..
Does it?

Edit4....

Oh, *%@# mates, starting the Aubrey charatcer almost made me cry... Who made the Sophie????
^^ (not going to be my main character, but .. hey... Walking on the deck of the Sophie... With working two decks "walkfile"...

The only thing prevented me from crying like a flogged midshipman, was the "leaking" water, at parts below sea level. Ok, i know thats an almost impossible thing to solve, but still weird.

But anyway: the Audrey start made my hearth jumpin...

Nice work, lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back