• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for the information! So Peter Blood is different to the others. Good to know! What about Jack Sparrow ?

By the way i played a bit with the first french girl (don't remember the name), and it seemed t hat there was a plot for her, a pirate came to me and we talked that we worked together in the past etc. Is it because I choose her or it can happen with other players ?

Great mod by the way !

No problem bud and Thanks we are alway's working to further improve features in the game. :onya

No the person stopping you and saying about the good old day's is common, i've had it a few times with different character's i think its a random quest that you can choose to do if you wish or maybe its just to add some little story to the characters.

No none of the other chatacters as of yet have any storylines, only Peter Blood. One day there will be several characters with storylines but for now its only the one.

Thanks!

By the way there are some ships which don't have a thumbnail pic (for example the black pearl). That is too bad because when we have several ships we do not see them well in the interface. I hope you will be able to fix this.

Oh and also I remember in v3.0 I had a pinnace of war which was L5 (if I remenber well), and you said it was because it did not have a lot of cannons, but actually we could install very powerful ones, which looked a bit unbalanced.
Which system are you using to sort in which level are vessels? I have an idea of a formula that takes in consideration hull, number of cannon, size max of cannons, and cargo hold. What do you think about it ? :)

Most ship thumbnails have been fixed and ships calibures have been changed. Shps shouldn't be able to mount high calibure, that said though it was common for Pinnace's to mount high calibure guns in times of war. So ships size has been atken into count however it won't be anything like in CMV3.1. The 2nd patch is coming along nicely however much work is still been done so it won't be released anytime soon.

Greetings gents.

Every version of this mod I have downloaded is corrupted and fails to run (The .exe) or indeed unpack (The 7z/rar) Can some one re-upload a version that is working?

Make sure the download doesnt just start, get half way and suddenly finish... make sure the thing downloads fully ;)

ussenterprise.jpg

@ Luke

I got the USS Enterprise in game everything is working fine. But I could not find a big pic.and
icon pic for the ship. In the F2 menu the pic are blank.

I did not install it from the mod but from pgargon folder. I was wondering if the mod
have the missing pic.

I can Download and install Version 2 but I get an error telling me the archive is corrupt when I try to open the .rar files for version 3 and the .exe says its corrupt too :(

the USS Enterprise (the Schooner not the carrier obviously)? isn't it a bit early in history for that ship?

Yeah, we have a few ships which don't belong in the game's current time frame. We hope to one day do something similiar to the Build mod for POTC where we can seperate the game into timeframes, perhaps late 17th century, early 18th and mid 18th century. But it will be a long time before that happens.

I just found the Victory which was launched in 1765 coincidently I went aboard that very ship only a few days ago lol.

Also I have noticed that many games based on the age of Sail use the Yellow and black paint job for British ships when in fact they were painted black and white at least up until the battle of Trafalgar, not long before that battle Lord Admiral Nelson had ordered his ships repainted so they would not confuse each other for the French who also used the black and white colour scheme.

If anyone wants to use my knowledge of the age of sail let me know I'd be happy to help with info at least.

I re-downloaded the mod and it opens now maybe I just had a bad connection that day I had DLed it from several locations

We have three varients for Victory, black and yellow, black and white and red and black. It's a matter of chance in regards to which one you'll run into or purchase.

There is only one Victory model and three different textures which the game selects at random. There might be other 1st rate ships that might have the black and yellow paint scheme.

For PotC, we've been quite happily using black-and-yellow. We used black-and-yellow for US ships.
Although perhaps not 100% historically correct, I like some national colour scheme usage,
so you can tell from afar what nation the other ship belongs to without your spyglass telling you in an arbitrary fasion.

But for certain any and all actual historical knowledge you can suggest us to put in either CoAS or PotC is very welcome indeed! :woot

The FTP is down, so all download links that pointed there are too.
I'm trying to get through to our webmaster, Keith, to get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back