• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS new mod

@ Ovahenort

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/forum/72-storm-engine-modeling/

You should really check out that forum and post any questions you may have in regards to ship modeling. AFAIK, you are the only person on the COAS forum who is modeling ships, so most of the other modders here may wish to answer some of your questions, they just lack the knowledge on how, including myself.

1st post updated and Officerpuppy i posted there about my mod and about ship help etc but noone respond in already few days :eek:k so until they do ill stay here :will

I see you do some work for the Sims 3, I haven't played that game in a few days ;)

yea im relaxing in sims 2-3 by making rare houses also i was doing some 3d models for it also like tables,chairs,cars etc but to stay at topic ill post later some changes and few pics of deck cannons and more,ill add new corvette hulls etc :will

I see you do some work for the Sims 3, I haven't played that game in a few days ;)

yea im relaxing in sims 2-3 by making rare houses also i was doing some 3d models for it also like tables,chairs,cars etc but to stay at topic ill post later some changes and few pics of deck cannons and more,ill add new corvette hulls etc :will

Ooo sims 3, i'm kinda hooked to that game myself and often search the net for mods.

Anyway's these textures your doing look sweat and look forward to seeing them in game. :onya

Ooo sims 3, i'm kinda hooked to that game myself and often search the net for mods.

Anyway's these textures your doing look sweat and look forward to seeing them in game. :onya

go to my blog and click tsr 7 button(dunno did u look there for mods but there is alot of things for sims 1,2,3)even my profile :will

but my main game atm is coas :onya

when are you planing to release the mod?

unknown date of release yet but its growing fast and giving very good progres atm i surprised myself how i manage to improve sea and weather graphics ill try make intro movie when i get time to show u differences betwen aop ct/coas and my mod :will

Thagarr thx for those i didnt visit em so ill use em well :onya

Cool websites :onya
u meant on my blog? if so thx btw it need alot updates im lazy to do that :urgh

btw i can announce u that till tommorow at this time 20:17 i will prove u might of my mod vell current might but its growing alot every day same as my knowledge about game making i allways wanted to do more then developers :will
i will compare aop ct and aop2 coas(my mod aop2 pirate destiny)

happy sailing :sail

forgot to say that u will enoy not in picture preview ill make video presentation

I can definitely see some differences Ovahenort, but the resolution of the videos make it a bit tough to really make out fine detail. I can really notice a difference in the size, and with the reflected light on the water from the sun and moon. I do like your overall sea lighting effects from what I can see.

Your ship textures of course look great, and your grass texture stands out pretty noticeably as well, as do your charterer textures, those look fantastic! If you could post a full resolution screen shot of two similar scenes, that might help a bit more to see the some of the effects more clearly. Nice work mate, I am looking forward to seeing the full release! :onya

movie is s..t becouse gamecam i dunno which program to use to get better movie quality :shrug (gamecam give me 24 bit color palete)
thing is that if it not moving its not noticeble - i mean on ambient light which gives real shadows ill see what i can do later so ill update old movies....maybe HQ ones xD: xD:

Ovahenort, have a look at this video capture program mate, it's free and seems to do a fairly decent job :

http://www.effectmatrix.com/Game-Capture/index.htm

thx for info but that utility killing my pc i dont know why it frezzes it maybe its not supporting windows 7

btw to present my pc so u can know what i can see in games :will

MB Gigabyte G31M-ES2C/L, s775, iG31, VGA, DDR II, SATA II, LAN, mATX
DDR2 2GB PC8500 (1066MHz), Kingston, HyperX - 2 of em
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 BOX, 2×3.0GHz, 1333MHz, 775-pin, 6MB
HDD HITACHI HDT725032VLA360 320GB SATA-300 7200rpm 16MB
Sapphire Radeon HD4650 1GB DDR2, PCIE, HDMI, DVI

and of course 22 inc flatron monitor

hell of a view :will :will

weird ...I am running Windows 7 32 bit and have no problems with it whatsoever. Are you using 32 or 64 bit mate? My systems specs are listed under my sig. It might be a conflict with something else you have running in the background, or could be a codec issue. Codecs can cause a lot of weirdness sometimes, even with things in Windows that have absolutely nothing to do with them. I ran across another free program a while back that can help you track down codec issues without uninstalling and re-installing all your codecs, this little program enables and disables them with a mouse click. You can find that program HERE.

i got 1 problem and need fast info so i can continue my work here it is:
i have very beautifull sky and weather and sea effects and im almost done but couse im not using allways fog in weather only in morning hours and storms problem is when comes time in game without fog closest
island sitting good in water but others which are far from me are floating over water
original coas use fog to hide that problem but if u want realistic caribbean weather help me to find codes where to manipulate with these islands
i want throw them into water to have real look i really need all ur help here couse im 100% with my mind into weathers so i dont have time to search for those codes

waiting answers :will

With all the fog in CoAS, I figured they were trying to hide some of the flaws in the engine, but I never was sure just what. Looks like that would be one of them, but I have no idea what to do about it. It might not be possible to fix it without access to the source code, even then it might be tough to fix. For now, your only solution may be to re-enable the fog. :shrug

I had a quick look through some of the island files, in \Age of Pirates 2\Program\islands\Islands_init.c one thing I noticed is every island entry seems to have two lines commented out :

Code:
		//Islands[n].ImmersionDistance = 3500;
//Islands[n].ImmersionDepth = 0;

I have absolutely no idea what those do, might be worth checking out though. It may also have something to do with the island locators, but I really have no clue about those.

Back