• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS new mod

thx for info but that isnt part of thing i need well after playing with those codes i didnt notice any changes in game any way ill mess with fog and fog shaders to get small fog on horizont which will expand view of sea so islands will look like they are in sea oh and when i finish weathers ill relax with making new music for my mod and ill make one music pack for coas version also i will combine my mod with current coas combined mod v2(ill use some stuff so u can instal my mod on ur combined version)i mean u can instal it on clean game and ull have almost everything from combined mod or u can instal it on combined mod version so it will only update old files :onya

this mod will be like different game and coas will serve as base game couse there is alot new textures and things....

lets say like warcraft ROC and Frozen throne instalation :onya

if u messing with coding and need help ask me or if u have something what u dont understund tell me maybe i can solve something

WOW! this looks nice. Do you have any Idea if this mod will be compatible with the "COAS combined mod Version 2?" And if not can you make it so? :dance

as i sad up there there will be mod for coas like:
u have coas and u can instal my mod and u get = 100% combined mod in it and about hmm dunno 60-70% of my mod stuff

my mod will be like new different game but coas serves me atm as editor.Its like:
Age of pirates 2 :Destiny of pirate(expansion) u get = 100% fully updated combined mod and 100% of my mod stuff so on end u will have left only some15% of coas :razz

Original COAS s..k if u ask me also i dont know why they allways keep game so dark in every view when she can be the best of all

i love this type of games and got almost every which is worth to play and i allways was disapointed with them...even with mods...why?

Becouse some ppl yes they make very good mods but there is alot which dont care about details - like ship skins(most are blurry and wierd styles or just repainted even aop creators was lazy to use all good things)
they made everything in 16/24 bit colors etc notice in city ground texture to much black spots/dots they ignored beauty of what they can get from this game...well all creators care only about money not for players

i had to say my opinion anyway i want to enoy in this game how i should so i become remodeler and making everything in 32 bit colors and HQ textures etc i want see max of this game and u will be surprised what i manage to do :onya

later ill tease them with my exp. :facepalm

The developers did take some shortcuts with these games, that is for sure. But when your working within a set time frame, you can only do so much. Modders have the advantage of not having to answer to a producer. I'll have a look through the code again for you when I get some time over the weekend mate :onya

Well, mostly developers are pressed from several fronts, first one is publisher, then you have sistem requirements, to mention just a couple... the lower the requirements, the higher consumer spectrum you reach...
I was trying to add normal or bumpmaps to my models, but if you think of that for a second you realize that just there you are loading an extra texture to memory, so is for 32 bits compared to 16, just there you (almost) double up mem usage for textures...
That's why modding gives better results for the player... suppose for a second all models where as detailed as Zareth's Constitution... 100k polys + (and that's for a frigate, let's skip the big boys such as LS or MoWs and a decent crew member model in first person view)... 8 of those whith normalmaps and 32 bits textures, plus some alphas, a better water and terrain shaders etc etc in a regular high level battle would eat any mid spec pc if the game was vanilla...
And despite the color depth, wich is awfull in most textures, i think they are real artwork, you were asking for resources yourself not too long ago if i'm not wrong... most of what you see is hand made by developers, i just wish we could get hands on the original high res uncompressed versions of those textures...
Now, the main reason why i've checked the topic once again is to let you know of a neat little program i've found not too long ago... it's called 3dRipperDX, it can capture "screenshots" of a game, but actually what it does is capturing everything that's buffered at the time you press the capture button in your memory, the result is the full 3d scene, including 3d models, textures and shaders... so there you go, unlimited resources, i've re installed most games i had and started taking textures and some models from them, The Orange Box is a real gold mine !... the only requirement is the game running under DX9...
If you give it a go, i suggest you to get IrfanView with DDS plugin so you can mass convert the resulting textures to something quick and easy to see as BMP, since opening 1000+ textures at the same time to keep just a couple does is annoying...
Hope it helped with the resources issue !

Nice post SuperChango, Thanks for the info mate! 3dRipperDX sounds very interesting ...I'm gonna have to have a look at that one! :onya

yes its a bit larger size of textures but it if u know to work u can make smaller sized 32 bit textures with same quality right :onya

btw i missed one thing in weathers and im confused now i notice that sun not moving how it should like on 12 am its not on top of sky like it should its on some 10am position ill fix that problem but there im confused couse in weathers i find these codes and thought its for sun position but i dont get any changes ingame any tipps?

Weathers[n].Sun.AzimuthAngle = Degree2Radian(150.0); - this is radiation of sun and working good
Weathers[n].Sun.HeightAngle = 0.7; - this should be for sun position but not working...

Btw what u think about new nation system?

Spain - France - England as Britania - Dutch - Caribbean pirates - Portugal - Germany - China - Russia

im decideing to make 3-4 models per nations which will look only for chosesn colony and been seen only on those islands like Chinese will be able at chinese ports not in england etc
i choses china couses there is that things in POTC movie also it would be nice that they have they own ships
Also we can make that not all nations are able from start umm lets say that u need be in 17th century ingame to get china nation and so on - i want to say that if its posible that we make everything combined with time like in 1650 u get new ships in 1680 again new and beter ships....same for colonys weapons etc...
what u think?

@Thagarr: Sure it's worth checking ! i've just downloaded Battlestations Pacific demo... so i shall have the Yamato kicking MoW butt in no time ! :rofl

@Ovahenort: Bigger sized textures, better detail... so it's up to how one chooses to save space, by increasing texture size or decreasing colordepth... one of them has to go :cheeky

Sun and Moon work just fine to me and never heard of anyone complaining about that... maybe it's an issue that you have ?

I think adding China and Germany is cool, as long as they show up as scouts... And there is a period based ship availability in PoTC, so porting the code should not be hard for a coder...

Sun and Moon work just fine to me and never heard of anyone complaining about that... maybe it's an issue that you have ?
I know caribbean sea isnt or it was allways in fog (24/7) that what i meant anyway isnt nicer to have clean and beautifull view on full open sea with all sun effects?

btw i know ill use this picture in my mod somewhere so im taking ideas where to use it :b:

Enoy :onya

I would particulary enjoy a really heavy fog (not seing more than a couple meters) and a shiny clear sky.
That draw looks awesome ! is it yours ?! i like the tatooed bones idea, i'm wondering where would you use it too...

well we all have different tastes about gameplay xD:

to bad its not my...well it is now :urgh when i saw it i sad thats my arrggghh :whipa

I ment i like heavy fog early on the morning, then clear sky...
Stalking another ship, unawere of your presence hidden in the fog... priceless
Now that i mentioned it... something allowing one to turn off the fonars to increase stealthiness in dark/foggy weather would be awesome...

i already sad that fog will be only at early morning hours and storms with rain and on evening rain with really small fog like summer rain ofc there is random fog system which start when u enter to storm default it was allways big waves 50k rain drops and very heavy fog and no lights i played with em and make a bit better i noticed that in heavy storm with 50k drops gameplay is bit slower anyway weather will surprise u i can bet in that about fonar lights as far as i know they can be only turn on/off in weather files but it would be nice to be able to code new light sytem where u can manipulate all game lights like in groups..

torchs
ship lights
candles
fire
lamps

so we can choses which to turn on/off...then we can make broken city lamps :facepalm

...i wanted to ask u something more but i forgot while writing :eek:k

added
i remember now how i can make animated logo in main menu i mean can i make animated tga as progres and just rename texture in coding will it work?

Keep away of China Russia and Germany, they have never ever been a presence in the Caribbean, if you want another nation, choose Sweden.

well they was active in that time well maybe i wont use germany lets say china,portugal and russia couse i got chinese ships and i want use them...umm i got huge trade ships and turtles :onya just need to make them for coas they already are .gm files but i dont know how to name them right... thats becouse i made full model and now i dont know how to name them for coas models i know ship as model,masts and reys but i need more work with them

i still need info about animated logo and i want know how can i make ship preview with video like in EIC game

nooo please no china. During the 17th century they shut their country off from the outside world abadoning their fleet. the Chinese were seafarers during the 13th and 14th century. And Russia wasn't active either. Their Tsar Peter went to Holland to start up a good navy.
Please no Russia or China, then the German Hamburg would be a better presence in the Caribbean.

well my chinese ships must come from somewhere maybe some hiden place where would be small village with them :shrug
also i would like to have more nations 3 are not enought...what else nations was there from 16-18 century?

Well, mostly developers are pressed from several fronts, first one is publisher, then you have sistem requirements, to mention just a couple... the lower the requirements, the higher consumer spectrum you reach...
I was trying to add normal or bumpmaps to my models, but if you think of that for a second you realize that just there you are loading an extra texture to memory, so is for 32 bits compared to 16, just there you (almost) double up mem usage for textures...
That's why modding gives better results for the player... suppose for a second all models where as detailed as Zareth's Constitution... 100k polys +

nicley explained ,there i 1 but the constitution dosent have 100k+ polys its 70k max wich is a small difference ;)

Chinese ships? Could use some in the PotC Build Mod for At World's End purposes. :rolleyes:

Chinese ships? Could use some in the PotC Build Mod for At World's End purposes. :rolleyes:

i got much ships which are almost finished...i would like to gave em to someone who will finish em fast they must get cannons and be imported with right names as gm file(already are in parts in gm files but it wont show em full in game) :shrug

Back