• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

yep, 1 = on and 0 = off

if you want realistic gameplay then switch everything to 1, you might not like the spyglass which if set to 1 would be much more realistic, but the reason you might not like it is you get no info apart from ship name and captains name no matter what spyglass you use.

Tactical battles when on means wind speed and direction the wind is blowing is taken into account and will effect you aswell as the AI, with it off you are playing in arcade style gameplay where the wind speed and direction are not used.

The differences with RTBL and the stock game (stock game been 0 and RTBL been 1) is that RTBL will reduce the amount of damage you sustain aswell as the amount of damage you deliver to the AI ships, crew and sails. In short it makes the gameplay more realistic as battles take longer and tactics can play a more critical role as you will not want to be boarded by a larger ship. With stock settings on a single broadside from grape shots could most likely be enough to allow you to board the large ship and thats it the battles over, RTBL will not allow you to wipe most of the crew out with a single broadside it could take several broadsides of grapeshots and even then it might not be enough. So ships with much more crew than yourself you would try to keep out of boarding range.

Sorry about the link.

Try this one: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/13625-coas-mini-mods/page__st__160

Scroll down to the post by Nixarass.

MK

Hello to all comunity :D
I'm new here and I'm portuguese, so please forgive me for my bad english xD
I only have a simple question...
DO I need to download the 3.1.5 Version, install it and then download the 3.2 version, to put the game fully updated?
or simply download the 3.2 version to get all fixed? :D
please I need to know soon, because I really need to play this mod *___*
You guys are awesome, really <3

Cumpz Balazyo :D

DO I need to download the 3.1.5 Version, install it and then download the 3.2 version, to put the game fully updated?
or simply download the 3.2 version to get all fixed? :D

You DO NOT need 3.1.5 for 3.2 to work. CMV3.2 installs on top of the original vanilla game.

MK

Thanks a billion Luke and MK. The sail mod works like a dream.
Apparently RTBL is going for the next time I start a new game then, it is not a huge deal to be honest.
Although I have been reading a lot about naval warfare in the age of sail, ships of the line almost never sank each other with gunfire, in most cases they were, it was a hit in the magazine or the storms after the battle. Yet there have been insane boarding actions, like in St Vincent, when Nelson with his 74 gun ship boarded a 80 gun ship through the galley, using his bowsprit as a boarding plank(!), captured it and then immediately using the captured 80 gunner as a bridge boarded the next to it ship (112 guns) it and captured that too.... :ixi :ixi

Don't ya just love history......I've always said REAL history is better than fiction when you dig for the details. :keith

MK

thanks for the advice dude :D
but one more thing... sorry for my noobish question, but version 3.2 has all the bug fixes that 3.1.5 has ? :S

Cumpz Balazyo :D

Yes you a paining the a**. :razz xD:

On a more serious note, yes the bugs that was fixed in CMV3.1.5 are included in CMV3.2. CMV3.2 has everything from all previous mod releases just as each mod is releassed it offers more features, bug fixes and is more stable. :onya

Oh my f*cking god you guys are awesome man *___*
I'm gonna love playing this mod :D
thanks for the advice ^.^
I Know im a pain in the a** xDDD
continue the great work dudes :D

Ok, sorry for being a P.I.T.A., but I have serious problems with the ship availability in the shipyards. I'm now lvl 12, I go to the shipyard save and constantly -->rein button.

The same 20 ships are coming up every time, and I haven't got the realistic buy on. Ok I checked again the shiputilities.c file and after 1 hour of loading again and again I have the following observations:

All the custom made ships except bellona-la suberbe- la couronne-the two constitutions and Edinburgh trader never spawn. It is strange that high rank ships do show up, but never, I mean never :
ships like greyhound, enterprise interceptor, surprise, most of the frigates and all the other new ports of the 3.2 are nowhere to be found. I crashed the game 3 times from the reloads. I checked the shiputilies.c and about 1/2 of the ships never show up at my level, and those that never spawn at the shipyards are extremely rare to find at sea. There is nothing wrong with the numbering of the ships and neither are spelling mistakes in the file. Also, most enemy military squadrons are almost every time "black angels" no matter how many savescams I do. This is getting frustrating a lot, cause I though it was my lvl but there is something wrong with the spawning of the ships, with the 3.15 I had encountered so far twice as many models.

Can you upload your shipsutilities.c file please and i'll take a look at it.

In your programs folder do you have 2 folders one called Scripts and another called script? i think thats how they was spelt, anyway if you do upload both script files and delete the script or Scritp which ever way it was spelt just don't delete the folder "scripts" because you need that one. This was a problem in CMV3.1.5 and we fixed it in CMV3.2 but it required a complete reinstall of COAS and then CMV3.2.

Nope nothing wrong in there, in _mod_on_off have you got realistic ship purchase set to 0 or 1? and did you change this and continue playing the same game?

I just ran into a very odd bug. The common item traders will not work.

This is the dialog that comes up when talking to them:

I can't open the dialog file Common_ItemTrader.c for this character.

ok

I had been playing as Peter Blood for quite some time when the bug surfaced. I went to other towns see if the problem was the same, and it was. I started a new as someone else, checked it, and the problem was still there. So somehow that game file was damaged, either overtime by playing the game, or an error with my computer.

I'm thinking the latter is the problem, so it might not be a bug with the mod at all. But if anyone runs into something similar, then it might be. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mod to see if that fixes the problem. I don't see why it shouldn't.

And don't worry, I backed up my saves.

What really sucks is my gamed crashed just as I was saving after this bug surfaced. I had entered the tavern in the Pirate settlement, where oddly enough Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones were drinking at. Really sucks to lose a save like that.

EDIT: Yup, that fixed it.

I know you use Iolo as I do. It's Iolo. The registry tools in Iolo System Mechanic screw up the game over time. It's done the same thing to me with the dialogue trader files and the raper files. I have learned over time how to replace those corrupted files with clean ones from my pure COAS game file.

The only other thing to do is reload the game as you did which is a pain in the ass when you consider the time it takes to reload the mods. :modding

My opinion of Iolo has really gone downhill this year. I think I'm going to something else next year. :whipa

MK

Ok ok time to report. So far good, sort of. But at enchanted city quest, Elizabeth's house in Charleston is always locked, even though I spoke to the tavern. I don't know why.....

Plus I edited the shiputilities.c file, so all ships are now available at once. I checked every single one of them and here are some first impressions:
Frigate surprise has 28 guns on the model, not 42, 0-14-14-0, I fixed it but the PC still beeps when I go aboard.
Golden hind has waterline problems and also 2 more guns on the stern that are not on the model, so I fixed it
Battle frigate has waterline problems, waterline at the gun ports so I fixed that too, plus all the rest of the surprise models have it.
The new galleon, the Felipe, was not in the shiputilities.c I had to find the name and write the command to generate it. I guess the ships generate on the sea from a different file?

Anyway nothing that one can't fix by himself. Any help with the quest ??:will

Thanks we have already fixed the Surprise so that she has 28 guns, 14 on either side.

Seems i missed some ships out from the shiputilities file then, i will look at that in GOF and make sure all ships are included.

We haven't worked on the quests so any problems with the quests will be the same problems in the stock game, i know some towns have secret passages to houses but i don't which towns or where they are since i don't do the quests.

That is fine. One last thing, I would like to personally thank the modder of the La Couronne for an awesome job!! Richelieu's Flagship better than in real life! The best model in the game!! :yes :doff . :cheers :onya

That would be Pgargan and he is indeed a very good modeller, his ships are very nice and we all sit watching the topics as he posts imagies of his new models waiting for thew time when we can sail them.

My opinion of Iolo has really gone downhill this year. I think I'm going to something else next year.

I remember Norton 360 pretty much did the same processes without damaging the computer. But it costs $75 a year. Still, it has an online account, so you can re-download it for free if you lose it, unlike the problems we've had reinstalling Iolo several times. But on any Windows OS, a system mechanic utility of some sort is absolutely needed. My Windows always breaks over time. I've installed an Ubuntu partition, but it is a pain to install anything on Linux. We'll see where I get with it.

Anyways, on topic, I've got a few more bugs I'll post later. I have screenshots, but I'm at school right now so I'll get to that later. They're nothing major. Just kinda weird.

Back