• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

BUG

For some reason, the game crashes everytime I tell a companion ship to change to a different canon ammunition. Not an instant crash... sorta once they finish reloading and fire the game freaks out (graphics go weird, before it freezes and crashed). Ideas?

I don'[t like Norton, i know a few people who have used it and all had some nasty viruses on their systems, i use a free program called Avast. I've used it for a few years now and never had a single problem with viruses, it has automatic updates so no need to keep updating it and it scans everything you do also it tells you if your downloading anything that has a file that could be a virus rather than allow you to download it and then tell you as you extract the file(s). You can purchase Avast or use the free version, i have used both and decided the free version did a very good job so no need to pay for it, i'm surei read its been rated in the top 3 or 4 of AV's and been free makes it more than worth trying out.

@ Radrunner
Have you edited any files?

I alway's tell my companions which shot types to use and when, i haven't had the problems your having.

To update everyone on CMV3.2, we have no made it into a exe with the fixes update included (please see first post of this topic for the link). Their is no difference between either the exe or the manual install versions only that instillation has been made more easier and that the exe has the fixes included in it. We have no plans to release a second update for CMV3.2 and all bugs found in CMV3.2 are been checked in the new mod and fixed as soon as they are found.

Alright, new bugs for me so far:

Minor Bug- One time in Port Royale, when it became nighttime, all ground and building textures became completely black. The savegame still has it this way. However, leaving and returning to Port Royale corrects this bug.

Exploit Bug - In San Juan, I completed a quest clearing a cave of undead. I was able to repeatedly tell the father I cleared the cave immediately after doing so, gaining better reputation with Spain every two times I told him, and gaining experience. I did not test this, but I do not think this exploit continues after you leave the church after telling him.

Quest Bug - La bella Isabella - After Isabella's brother is killed and I escaped San Juan, when I returned to San Juan and went to her house I was stuck. Both the door to her room and the exit to the street were locked. I had to load up a savegame.

-----

There's also a lot of grammatical errors, but I don't know how easy those are to change not being a modder of this game. If they are easy to change with the right tools, I would volunteer to go through the dialogue and correct them. The thing that's bothering me the most is Atila. You see his name as Atila, but you see throughout the dialogue both Atila and Attila used. I just think it should be corrected to be one or the other. I'd prefer Attila.

-----

On another note, the lanterns on the back of the La Couronne ship model look very odd. I went ahead and looked at pictures of some models, and I can see the lanterns really were pretty big. But I don't know, they just look odd. All in all it's a nice model, though.

It was also odd to suddenly see the Black Pearl in a convoy of English ships. It's a bit silly. But I didn't like the model either. The sails were all patchy rather than a nice solid black, and the hull was ugly.

So far, I have to say I like the mod, but I'm 50/50 on the ships. Some of the ships I love, like the Cinco Liagas that Peter Blood gets, beautiful model, though it's odd it says Arabella on the back. Consequently, I renamed the ship Arabella. Some ships are nice, but just plain out of place, like the USS Constitution. Other ships are just plain ugly, like the Shark. I just saw this ship for the first time after hiring Jack Sparrow.

Also, another opinion, I think that Davy Jones should be made to look like his human self in the movies rather than his monstrous self. He's a Hero following you around and helping you out in the game. Having him look like a monster just doesn't fit.

-----

Hope the feedback helps.

Two more bugs.

The first I've been encountering throughout the game. Many times when I sell a ship, the feedback text will say the following (with 'x' representing amount of pieces of eight)

x pieces of eight gained
Busy
x pieces of eight spent

It sucks not getting any money for a ship you sell, especially when it's worth over 300000.

The next bug is something I only just encountered a few minutes ago. It's another exploit bug.

Since Jack Sparrow was in command of a Shark, which I dislike, I wanted to sell it. I took all of the goods off like I usually do. Then I went to remove all the cannons. But they weren't removed, yet guns were put in the hold. I pressed the button again. More guns went in the hold. I was able to repeat this infinitely. I stopped at 50,054 guns. Selling 50,054 32-lb culverins gets you over 57 million pieces of eight. That's a pretty big exploit. I tried it with the other ships and it didn't work, so right now it's just peculiar to this situation. I'll capture a Shark next time I see one and mess around with things a bit to see if I can replicate the bug. I do have a savegame if you guys want me to upload it. I have savegames for most of these bugs I mention.

EDIT:

Alright, the cannon exploit bug is repeating itself. I just got a Soleil Royal. Whenever I remove all OR fix all, cannons get deposited in the hold without actually removing the cannons.

Beautiful model, by the way. I think it's my favorite in the game/mod so far.

EDIT2:

Concerning the Soleil Royal, it's supposed to be a 104-gun ship, and the model does show it as such, but the in-game ship has 112 guns on board. It has 6 in the front and 10 in the back. I'm just going to keep those at 4 and 4 as is on the model, as that keeps it at 104-guns, but this another thing needing fixing.

By the way, I just saw the bug tracker at the top of this subforum. I'll start posting the bugs in there. Do you guys want me to post these bugs in there as well?

Yes please a post for each bug will allow us to fix each one by one and know where we stand with them. I can confirm for the next mod the Shark is already fixed she isn't a 70 gun ship she's a 84 gun ship. and thats 39 on either side and 2 front and 4 rear guns, i use her a lot because i like that ship for some reason, i know she's ugly but theirs something about that ship i like and i don't know what it is.

As much as I'd enjoy seeing Jones look human, I have no idea who made that model or when. Character modelers is almost non-existent.

As much as I'd enjoy seeing Jones look human, I have no idea who made that model or when. Character modelers is almost non-existent.

Oh wow. That's too bad.

Well, I'll get about putting these bugs in the bug tracker then. And I'll keep a look out for a character modeler. This game uses maya, right?

Siadhal, the cannon bug has been fixed in 3.2, for most ships including the Soleil, cause I checked it earlier today, it has 112 guns by default. There are a few problems with other smaller ships, if you find one, go to program- ships ini, find the name of the ship and fix the number of cannons, then save it, load the game and press reinit

Hi OP.,

Twas I that put Davey Jones together a couple of years or so back......I'll see what I can do about making a human version.

I am about but don't have the same amount of time to work on things as before unfortunately.

damski.

Hi OP.,

Twas I that put Davey Jones together a couple of years or so back......I'll see what I can do about making a human version.

I am about but don't have the same amount of time to work on things as before unfortunately.

damski.
Ah! It is good to see someone with your talent still here, ship modelers are few in #, but character modelers are even fewer! I'd have another request for GoF!, I'll PM you the details. Please don't feel bad if you can't get it done, things in RL are constantly changing.

Hi OP.,

damski.
Ah! It is good to see someone with your talent still here, ship modelers are few in #, but character modelers are even fewer! I'd have another request for GoF!, I'll PM you the details. Please don't feel bad if you can't get it done, things in RL are constantly changing.

In PotC in part of the Jack Sparrow story, Davy Jones does appear briefly as human ( don't know how accurate the model is ) - The model used is 9Jc.

Hope this helps

:drunk

Hi,

Yes it's the same as the original Barbosa model....a simple reskin would look quite good, but it really needs the CoAS animation doing as well.
If I have time I'll try sort it.

Sweet! We might have a human Davy Jones. You are an awesome person Damski!

I myself am starting to figure out how to mod this puppy, just the simple part of manipulating the ini files. So far I'm just changing the music with success.

I'm going to put this music into the game. It's freely given out by that official site, and there's somewhat of a piratey ring to it.

EDIT: One other thing. Whenever I had to uninstall and reinstall the game and mod, I'm pretty sure I forgot to put the hotfix back in. Would I need to start a new game if I put it in?

Thanks Mate,

I love the Colony Wars music! :onya Great classical sounding soundtrack reminiscent of the old swashbucklers. I already downloaded. This makes me want to play Red Sun again...what a freakin great game!

I am also listening to those Total War music files you ripped for me. The Tuetonic campaign has a couple really good ones I think that would go really well as battle music in COAS. Lots of drums. Very cool! :will

Have you got a converter for MP3 to og files?

MK

Thanks Mate,

I love the Colony Wars music! :onya Great classical sounding soundtrack reminiscent of the old swashbucklers. I already downloaded. This makes me want to play Red Sun again...what a freakin great game!

I am also listening to those Total War music files you ripped for me. The Tuetonic campaign has a couple really good ones I think that would go really well as battle music in COAS. Lots of drums. Very cool! :will

Have you got a converter for MP3 to og files?

MK

Yes, though unfortunately it lowers the quality of the tracks. It still sounds good in the game though.

I've been looking over the music_alias.ini for 3.2, and I'm noticing several problems after figuring it out. The first track on a list never plays unless it is the only track on said list, so putting it on the list twice lets it play in game. Also, 24-Sailing01.ogg and 25-Spokplavanie01.ogg appear with the wrong numbers on the list, being 25 and 24 in the ini file respectively. Changing them around to correspond with the music files fixed this. I'm not sure what music you guys wanted to keep in and what music you wanted to keep out, but if all of the music listed in that file was meant to be in, I've created an ini file that could be used as a hotfix for the music. I've already tested it, and there is a lot of "new" music in the game now. You may have already fixed it for the next version of the mod, but this file would work well for those of us still using 3.2. I've also created an ini file for music I prefer that you guys have put in, but getting rid of the music I don't like. I'll upload these files if you guys want me to.

That said, there's several files meant for boarding music it seems, but in game it just plays battle music (since you are after all fighting). That's the only one I'm not really figuring out.

At this point, though, I'm going to start putting my own mix of music in for my own game, between music from Colony Wars, Empire Total War, etc.

MK, I have all the music files from Empire Total War. If you'd like me to tell you how to get those, I'd be happy to oblige.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled to get the vanilla files. Oddly enough, the vanilla music_alias.ini is flawed. Since the first track on a list does not play, a lot of music was not playing in the vanilla game. I remember also when I played the vanilla game I never heard the boarding music. Some of those tracks are really cool too.

Well, time to reinstall the mod again. :p

EDIT2: Yeah, I am not satisfied with the quality of what I've converted into OGG. I need to find a better converting program.
Scratch that. I just found a great converter.

Guys, I want to make one more observation, regarding the sea and the waves. I do think after a while that the sea should be returned to normal wave height, I think it is a bit too calm at times. So I don't know who did this mod, maybe you Luke, but is it possible to change it back to the original number? Can you tell me if it is possible, and where is the file to do so myself ?
Thanks in advance!

LOL, yes i did the new waves and we are afully aware of the sea been to calm and this has been updated in GOF. I don't think you'll want to use the stock weather though but just in case here you go COAS Stock Weather I suggest you make a backup of the weather folder you have now before insralling this mod then you can choose between this and the stock weather.

:rofl

The stock weather's all messed up, hide behind waves that are taller than your ship. Sit in a battle and have 200+ shots fired at you and only a few hitting you because of the waves, not sure what the game developers was thinking when doing waves like that. Now you can see why the sea was changed for the mod, some points in the day the stock sea did become calm but for the best part of the game day you was having high waves. You know when the waves are too high is when is when a Man 'O War can hide behind them. :shock

Back