• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Correcting "Early Explorers" Period

For now I have set all English and Dutch characters in Early Explorers to temporarily switch to PIRATE and therefore start at Nevis.
Of course the Corsair type does start at Tortuga now.

I've done a bit of simplifying on the various Custom Start opening locations:
Code:
      // Define Start Nation Port and Questbook Header
       iNation = GetServedNation();
       switch(CharPlayerType)
       {
         case PLAYER_TYPE_NAVAL_OFFICER:
           questRecord = "Navy_Continue";
         break;

case PLAYER_TYPE_ROGUE:
           iNation = PERSONAL_NATION;                         // Triggers La Croix opening further down
         break;

case PLAYER_TYPE_GAMBLER:
           iNation = PERSONAL_NATION;                         // Triggers La Croix opening further down
         break;

case PLAYER_TYPE_AGENT:
           questRecord = "Agent_Continue";
           if (GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Jean Lafitte" && GetCurrentPeriod() >= PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS)
           {
             iNation = AMERICA;
             SetActualRMRelation(iNation, REP_LEAVEMIN);               // Encourage play for America
           }
           iNation = FindEnemyNation2Nation(iNation);
         break;

case PLAYER_TYPE_CURSED:
           questRecord = "Cursed_Continue";
           iNation = rand(NATIONS_QUANTITY-1);
         break;

case PLAYER_TYPE_CORSAIR:
           questRecord = "Corsair_Continue";
         break;
       }

// Hoist False Flag if Required
       if(GetNationRelation2MainCharacter(iNation) == RELATION_ENEMY)           // If necessary:
       {                                         // - Hoist false flag
         PChar.nation = iNation;                             // - Restore original player flag after worldmap
         SafePortLeave();                               // - Ensure you are not recognized upon leaving
       }

// Reload to Appropriate Port
       if (NationNoIsland(iNation, GetCurrentPeriod()))
       {
         SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Tortuga_Port");
         DoQuestReloadToLocation("Tortuga_Port", "reload", "reload2_back" ,questRecord);
       }
       else
       {
         switch(iNation)
         {
           case ENGLAND:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Redmond_port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_port", "reload", "Sea_2_back" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case FRANCE:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Falaise_de_fleur_port_01");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Falaise_de_fleur_port_01", "reload", "sea" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case SPAIN:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Muelle_port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Muelle_port", "reload", "reload1_back" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case PIRATE:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "QC_port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("QC_port", "reload", "reload1" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case HOLLAND:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Douwesen_port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Douwesen_port", "reload", "reload2" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case PORTUGAL:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Conceicao_port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Conceicao_port", "reload", "reload2" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case AMERICA:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Eleuthera_Port");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Eleuthera_Port", "reload", "reload1_back" ,questRecord);
             break;
           case PERSONAL_NATION:
             SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Cuba_shore_03");
             DoQuestReloadToLocation("Cuba_shore_03", "goto", "locator5" ,"embora");
             break;
         }
       }
Tortuga is used as "default" when no proper location is available.
So Corsairs start at a town of their own nation, unless there is none available.

Does that make sense to you guys? Especially @Grey Roger.

I have retextured Golden Hind but have a few questions:

1) how do I get crewmembers to be visible on the sailing ship?

2) are flags, pennants defined in locatorfiles (such as masts) or in ships_init.c or in both?

I'll need help setting all other stats for this ship later on.
Like speed, class, turn etc etc as the realistic values differs a lot from COAS values.

Oh yes there's something a litle strange in the rigging too. The ropes leading up to the platforms
don't reallt reach there I think.

Attachments

• GH.jpg
    GH.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 112
Another strange thing. What's that in the bow? A "wave" in the wrong position?

Attachments

• what's that in the bow.jpg
    what's that in the bow.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 98
1. The GOF2 sailorpoints need to be converted to POTC walk files. Methinks I can still do that, or all it takes is the Converter tool.

2. Flags and pennants are created as locators in the GMs and are modified in TOOL. Since COAS does not use pennants there are none there. Which mast uses flags or pennants is defined in ships_init.c.
There is a major problem with the rigging as that ship is loaded with fal's. Fal's are ropes that do not move at all and POTC does not show them at all. Renaming them to rope's fixes them but mast 3 "can not be read" so they can not be renamed.
The ship will look kinda dorky until that mast is repaired somehow. I forgot about that and stopped working on it, but will start again.

Yes COAS ship values are VERY different than POTC values. I would just copy the values from a similar size and type ship and tinker with them for this ship.

They do too reach all the way. You need to crank up your AA and AF all the way to see them. Of course frame rates plummet when that is done.

start 2015-06-18 19-46-26-75.jpg

Ouch! Only a modeler can repair that bad bow wave. Since a modeler is also the only one who could repair mast 3 it looks like the search is on for one of those elusive creatures. :ship

I just checked and mast 3 was screwed up by Akella. It is broken in stock vanilla COAS too.

I just converted the galeon_l sailorpoints to a POTC walk file.

I would also like to work on this ship in POTC. What would be the best way to do this so that we are both working on the same ship?

Attachments

• Galeon_l_walk.c
    8.7 KB · Views: 131
Yes, I need your help with a lot of things here Hylie.

I have made a folder and renamed all files.
I have also managed (for the first time) to add 2 swivelguns (22 guns now) and 1 figurehead to the ship.

Maybe I should upload what I've got so far to you?
And go on with finetuning the texture.

Sure. I can do a little work in POTC then, but until the bow wave and mast 3 are repaired this ship will look terrible.

A much better solution would be for me to finish my tutorial so you don't have to rely on me for these things any more. Then you'll have the freedom to fix as many ships as necessary.

For reference, I have finished explaining how to import an OBJ from GM Viewer, fix it in Maya, and assign materials. The only part left to do is explain the export process.
Let me see if I can finish it this week.

I'm hoping I've written it so that anyone can follow it, even if they've never used Maya before.
If that can inspire some of our long-time modders to try it, even better. :dance

Me? The last time I tried Maya the tutorial wouldn't even do what it said it would do.

Okay, it's time for me to learn something not only teach.
But I don't even have Maya so the first question is where do I get it and which version etc?

@Hylie I have renamed the walkfile but no crew shows up. Did you get it to work? :confused:
I have fixed flags on all masts. Mast 2 had locators with names POTC don't use.

All of the Storm engine utilities are stored around here.....somewhere I can never find, so here they are where I CAN find them.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AAA7yZj3R7ivwedRKkow4oOIa/Storm engine Utilities?dl=0

I do not have that ship in POTC so never tried the walk file. There are a bunch of other files that have to be modified before the walk files work. Of course I no longer remember what they are. :pirate07:

Found a tutorial for walk files. You can do it or I can later.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/sailorspoints-and-walk-files.19526/

Those locators are fal's. They are named fale and faleb, and can be renamed to ropee and ropeb and will work if there is not already a rope with that number, and there probably is. It is a real Gordian knot trying to clean up an AOP ship for POTC. :modding

Last edited:
Maya is installed, crew is on deck. :onya

@Hylie, I have uploaded on the ftp under JRH: "JRH Golden Hind files" the very preliminary files I've got so far.
I have used the values from NL_LightPinnace except maxcrew (realistic) and nr of cannons (added 2 guns).
Tested it by giving it to Elting in Assasin storyline.

I'll continue with texturing and try to add more things to the ship itself.

Back