• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Corvette V.2

Now THERE is a nice Speightstown blockading squadron! Looks much better than before, I must say. :onya

BTW: Did we not need to update some Frigate or Corvette period changes? I don't think that was done yet...

Attachments

• FrenchSquadron.jpg
    FrenchSquadron.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 243
Very nice blockade fleet indeed! I knew it would look good. :keith

BTW: Did we not need to update some Frigate or Corvette period changes? I don't think that was done yet...
As discussed before...
Thinking about it, though: all these ships appear in periods 2 and 3, same as the Rossiya.
However, the Aurora based ships are meant to be a more modern design, so actually I think they should only appear in periods 3 and 4.
So if their encounter chances for period 2 were set to 0.0, and for period 4 they had something like 0.4, I think that would make more sense.
So... all Aurora light frigates to be removed from period 2 (Standard storyline) and added to period 4 (Master & Commander/Revolutions)?

As discussed before...
Exactly. Just wanted to make sure we don't forget.
I just did this myself, but had to be a bit creative with the pirate versions. Please see attached to check if you agree. :doff

Attachments

• Ships_init.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 187
I finally got the new fastmerchantman and she is a beauty. Overall she is similar to the NL_Pinnace. They both have 26-9 pounders. The pinnace holds more cargo and the fm is faster and more maneuverable. They are making a good team.

A gripe. :rumgone

It would be nice if more sails furled when going to battle sails to prevent so much sail damage.
battle sails.jpg

Which ones should also be furled? The mizzen gaff is supposed to be used at all times since it would help with manoeuvrability, and we already know the stays can't be furled for Battle Sails.
That leaves rey_a1, which only furls if the mast is renamed, and possibly rey_c2 and rey_c3.

As you can see the gaff isn't much good anymore, but if it's supposed to be down then so be it. With no chasers the only reason to furl the spritsail is to keep it from getting holed and degrading performance in general.
This is just one reason I prefer the older ships without stay sails.

Well if stays'ls are the main problem, there's not much we can do about that.
It's a nuisance when the AI aims for them, yes, but what I tend to do in that situation is give as good as I get. :pirate41:

Thanks, I replied to him there. Basically, I don't know, as I have other priorities right now. Can't do everything, as much as I'd like to. :cheeky

Fair enough. Here's to hoping Cartagena is one of them.... :wp

The accursed heatwave I mentioned has only just ended, and I've only just recovered from sunburn, so naturally I haven't had much of a chance to finish that yet.
It IS in Maya the right way round though. I just need to install the fort (which is facing the wrong way, so that needs to be rotated as well :facepalm).

EDIT: Oh, and there's a little game called The Last of Us which has had my attention lately. A truly immersive and emotional experience unlike any other game I've played...

The accursed heatwave I mentioned has only just ended, and I've only just recovered from sunburn, so naturally I haven't had much of a chance to finish that yet.
No worries; it HAS been rather warm. :shock

It IS in Maya the right way round though. I just need to install the fort (which is facing the wrong way, so that needs to be rotated as well :facepalm).
Are you using the CoAS fort or the one from Bartolomeu?

EDIT: Oh, and there's a little game called The Last of Us which has had my attention lately. A truly immersive and emotional experience unlike any other game I've played...
Just had a look at one of the trailer for it; now THERE's something different!

Are you using the CoAS fort or the one from Bartolomeu?

Bartolomeu's fort. It's very accurate, but it's 180 degrees out. I checked on Google Maps when thinking of the best way to position the fort.
I might try to get its grass texture to blend in with the rest of the landscape, while I'm at it.
Let's see how far I can get tonight. I'll post any updates in the main thread.:dance

Just had a look at one of the trailer for it; now THERE's something different!

Too right. No other game has ever brought me so close to tears by the end. And I don't even cry at movies. o_O
I'd recommend it to anyone with a PS3; shame that's all it's available on.

Bartolomeu's fort. It's very accurate, but it's 180 degrees out. I checked on Google Maps when thinking of the best way to position the fort.
I might try to get its grass texture to blend in with the rest of the landscape, while I'm at it.
Let's see how far I can get tonight. I'll post any updates in the main thread.:dance
Awesome! :woot

Too right. No other game has ever brought me so close to tears by the end. And I don't even cry at movies. o_O
I'd recommend it to anyone with a PS3; shame that's all it's available on.
Well, I've been playing some other game for a bit as well: ye olde Age of Mythology with my li'l brother.
Not to mention I'm trying to do some real work as well.

Is it just me or is the interface screenshot for the "RN_Corvette" still the old bright yellow-and-black version?
Also, she's used as "HMS Hound" in the Hornblower storyline. Any thoughts for a replacement, as I don't she is period-correct there?

Back