• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Corvette V.2

i got bug with indiamen :( no flag and mens :( im playing as jack aubrey :(
bug.jpg

i use test version :(
Strange. What ships do you have in your fleet? Are there any other ships in the scene with you?
If you go to the worldmap and enter 3D sailing mode outside the range of any islands or ships, do the flags appear properly?

Perhaps you are thinking of the Mefisto instead of the Crimson Blood.
No, I'm not. The Crimson Blood is used for special storyline purposes in the Jack Sparrow storylines.
You can get her as your player ship at the beginning of Curse of the Black Pearl and then you can play "Curse of the Crimson Blood" instead.
She'll get cursed same as the Pearl does.

The Crimson Blood is commonly seen? Indeed looks like you're right based on the code. I thought she was supposed to be a quest-only ship. :facepalm
Should we fix this, or keep it as-is? If we do make the ship quest-only, the ship will hardly ever be seen.
How many people choose the quest involving this ship instead of the Black Pearl, anyway? Is the choice only possible by changing code?

Based on the idea of a quest-only ship literally named "Crimson Blood", I'm not sure if she appears quite red enough.
She looks wonderful for a generic pirate ship though. :onya

PiratCorvett50 has more of a red paint scheme, though Morgan Terror himself said that he preferred the other version with the red stripe.
Besides, the quest version uses crimson sails, does she not? :p

Strange. What ships do you have in your fleet? Are there any other ships in the scene with you?
If you go to the worldmap and enter 3D sailing mode outside the range of any islands or ships, do the flags appear properly?

i got merchantmen in my fleet
yes there are
when i go to sailing mod outside there no flag

i got merchantmen in my fleet
yes there are
when i go to sailing mod outside there no flag
Just occurred to me, did you press F11 to reinitialize? That is required, otherwise the relevant code doesn't update.
Also, I seem to remember the player ship doesn't update regardless of F11, so you have to give your own ship to yourself again.
In PROGRAM\console.c find:
Code:
//    GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Remove the // in front. Load your savegame, press F11 to reinitialize and then F12 to give your ship to you again.
See if that fixes the flags. :doff

Should we fix this, or keep it as-is? If we do make the ship quest-only, the ship will hardly ever be seen.
How many people choose the quest involving this ship instead of the Black Pearl, anyway? Is the choice only possible by changing code?
The only way to trigger this is to do the Jack Sparrow equivalent of the Animists quests BEFORE the mutiny and then you get the choice to keep the Crimson Blood instead of the Black Pearl.
I doubt many people will be doing that, so I suppose it's hardly worth it to have her exclusively used for that.
What we could do is to only give her special sails in the storyline and not randomly at sea; at least then she'd look a bit different.

Just occurred to me, did you press F11 to reinitialize? That is required, otherwise the relevant code doesn't update.
Also, I seem to remember the player ship doesn't update regardless of F11, so you have to give your own ship to yourself again.
In PROGRAM\console.c find:

There is my problem i didnt press F11 thx for help :D

I'm currently working on modifying the PiratCorvette texture for the new hull, so hopefully I'll release that and the new CrimsonBlood sometime today.
Then I'll finally be done with these ships! :D

Eeeexcellent! :woot
Were you skipping on the PO_FastNavy now or not?

It just occurred to me... should the Frigate_sat get any upgrade as well? Or not worth it?

Yes, I'm leaving PO_FastNavy as-is. Too much hassle right now.

I had actually thought about Frigate_sat while upgrading the Crimson Blood... Does it deserve an upgrade? Probably. Is now the right time? Probably not. :wp

What do you think of this for the new PiratCorvette:
PiratCorvette_new1.jpg

PiratCorvette_new2.jpg
Not many changes to speak of, here. The stern windows were replaced with the ones from the CrimsonBlood, and repainted gold to match the insane amount of gold ornamentation (which itself has been sharpened and bump-mapped). Also, as if these pirates didn't already have enough gold on their ship, I added a stripe across the hull to break up the large block of black paint.

I'll release this and the CrimsonBlood later this evening. :)

Also, as if these pirates didn't already have enough gold on their ship, I added a stripe across the hull to break up the large block of black paint.
Good thinking! Too much black is... so black. :onya
You're losing the old window textures? Bit of a shame; those were done quite well, resembling being transparent.

So we're keeping the CrimsonBlood and this PiratCorvette and drop the PiratCorvette50, right?

You're losing the old window textures? Bit of a shame; those were done quite well, resembling being transparent.
I wasn't sure if the old windows would look right when modifying them to the typical six-window layout I've been using, but since you mention it...
PiratCorvette_new3.jpg
How does this look?
I recoloured the white rims to match the gold decorations, and kept the glass texture the same.

So we're keeping the CrimsonBlood and this PiratCorvette and drop the PiratCorvette50, right?

That's the plan, unless anyone desperately wants to keep PiratCorvette50.

I wasn't sure if the old windows would look right when modifying them to the typical six-window layout I've been using, but since you mention it...
How does this look?
I recoloured the white rims to match the gold decorations, and kept the glass texture the same.
Looks pretty good at first sight! That'd be something else to set her apart from the other corvettes.
The more differences there are, the better it is, I reckon! :woot

That's the plan, unless anyone desperately wants to keep PiratCorvette50.
While I always appreciate Petros' texture work, in this case we just seem to be having too much of a good thing.
And the CrimsonBlood was based on Petros' texture anyway. So she lives on in spirit even when the original model files are being... depreciated. :wp

The listed price is $57,600 but my memory is that they cost almost twice that in a shipyard.
Exactly twice, by the looks of it. From PROGRAM\KB_routines.c:
Code:
int GetShipPriceByType(ref chr)
{
    if (!CheckAttribute(chr, "Ship.idx")) return 0;
    int st = sti(chr.Ship.idx);
    if (st == SHIP_NOTUSED) return 0;
    ref shref = GetShipByType(st);
    aref arShip; makearef(arShip, chr.Ship);
    return sti(GetLocalShipAttrib(arShip, shref, "Price"))*2; // TIH - why are ALL ship prices DOUBLED here ??? // PRS3
}
That is probably the REAL culprit behind the prices not matching up. Does anyone have any objection to removing that multiplication factor there?
Note: That WILL decrease the price of EVERY ship in the game by 50%. What will that do to game balancing, I wonder?

Back