• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Corvette V.2

Ok, CrimsonBlood, CursedCorvette, and PO_FastNavy will not be changed.

FR, RN, & SP_Corvettes will be easy.

What skins do corvette 1 & 2 use now? For example, the model I'm working on is the old corvette5_44.

If you want to keep the old-style rigging for the SP_Corvette, you don't need to do that one either. Corvette1 and Corvette2 use their stock game skins.
Some of the other Corvette skins have been re-applied to the two FastMerchantmen instead though.

The new rigging should also work for the FastMerchantmen too, considering they're based on the corvettes.

Well, what do you want to do with that FrigateNKSup rigging? For now I stuck it on the SP_Corvette just so we've still got it and can apply it wherever we want.

Also, at the moment, both FastMerchantmen still use the old Corvette hull because I understood you were going to make a slightly different hull for them.
Is that correct, or shall we just apply the regular new corvette hull to them?

Well, what do you want to do with that FrigateNKSup rigging? For now I stuck it on the SP_Corvette just so we've still got it and can apply it wherever we want.
Does it even fit that ship? Won't there be rope errors because the locators are from different ships?
I thought it was better to put it on SP_Frigate until we can find a better use for it.

Also, at the moment, both FastMerchantmen still use the old Corvette hull because I understood you were going to make a slightly different hull for them.
Is that correct, or shall we just apply the regular new corvette hull to them?
I do have the upgraded hull almost ready, there's just a load of UVs to sort out where the gunports used to be. :wacko:
For now, the FastMerchantmen need to keep their old hulls, because the new Corvette hull has too many guns.
However, they can certainly use the new rigging, as I said.

Does it even fit that ship? Won't there be rope errors because the locators are from different ships?
I thought it was better to put it on SP_Frigate until we can find a better use for it.
I HEX-edited the FrigateNKSup hull to use the SP_Frigate hull texture, so there should be no more rope errors than the original FrigateNKSup had.

But you said you put the rigging on SP_Corvette, not SP_Frigate, the latter of which seems to be what you meant to say.
Have you confused yourself over all these frigates and corvettes? :eek:k

Apparently I did. Anyway, the FrigateNKSup is the one with the old style rigging that is not use by the SP_Frigate. The corvettes have nothing to do with anything! :razz

Or, conversely, the Corvettes are very relevant to this thread, but the Frigates have nothing to do with it... :wp

Indeed. What's that crazy Pieter going on about? Let's just ignore him! :whipa

As usual I'm totally lost. Last night I finished Corvette1 and 2, and FR and RN corvettes. I also created a SP_Corvette, but have no ideer what deck or hull to put on her. Now there is no need for this ship?

I probably will not get to the frigates until next year.

Ok, so I should adapt the new masts and rigging to the old Fastmerchantman hulls?

SP_Corvette = CorvFrig2_50, which I think has different rigging on purpose. Might want to keep her original rigging?

OK, corvette 1 and 2, and FR and RN corvettes are on the FTP in my folder in the sub folder "after patch 7". Now to start on the fastmerchantman.

It would probably only take 20 minutes to do the SP_Corvette if it is wanted.

Thanks a lot! I put them in my game now. :doff

Do we care about the rigging of the CursedCorvette?

The SP_Corvette does have the rigging from the CorvFrig2_50, which is different, I think? Do we want to keep it different?
Was supposed to be frigate rigging from what I understand.

I reckon the SP_Corvette rigging should be the same as the others; the ships are all meant to be of equal capabilities anyway, so rigging variations aren't necessary.

I'm not bothered about the CursedCorvette's rigging much. Besides, the new rigging uses different masts which don't have a cursed texture AFAIK, so it saves us the trouble of making one.

I reckon the SP_Corvette rigging should be the same as the others; the ships are all meant to be of equal capabilities anyway, so rigging variations aren't necessary.
I'm not sure if the SP_Corvette DO have the same capabilities. The Corvette and CorvFrig ships used to be quite different.

I'm not bothered about the CursedCorvette's rigging much. Besides, the new rigging uses different masts which don't have a cursed texture AFAIK, so it saves us the trouble of making one.
Ah, I see what you mean. Completely different mast, not using deck.tga.
Well, that decides it then. Let's not worry about the CursedCorvette. :no

I'm not sure if the SP_Corvette DO have the same capabilities. The Corvette and CorvFrig ships used to be quite different.
Well it probably should be equivalent to the other national Corvettes, regardless of what the model used to be, to make things balanced, in my opinion.

Can do, of course. Then she'll be officially no longer a CorvFrig. :whipa

I just looked and the corvettes and corvfrig all have the same stats except for the pirate corvette which has a much larger crew. So there is no reason to make one different unless you want to.

The fastmerchantman and NL_Merchantman are on the FTP. They have the new rigging now. They do need to have their deck reworked due to a slight conflict with the swivel guns.

I can have the SP_Corvette done with the corvfrig2_50 skin and deck in about a half hour.

All of these ships now need new walk files because of the rigging and the new deck. :cheers

All of these ships now need new walk files because of the rigging and the new deck. :cheers
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. I also need to change the path models slightly to match the rearranged deck details. That'll be fun. :urgh

Back