• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Corvette V.2

Don't worry about the SP_Corvette. I'll do that one right now, will only take a minute.

Edit: Done. It's only a HEX-edit for the hull and renaming all the files, right? I love the "The Rename" program; batch renaming for the win! :dance

Both FastMerchantmen included in my game now too. Is their rigging any different from the regular corvettes?
Since they're technically different classes of ship, I'd think they should be a bit different at least so you can see the difference at a distance if you know what to look for...

Ok, CrimsonBlood, CursedCorvette, and PO_FastNavy will not be changed.
Is there any reason to not do the Crimson Blood? Otherwise I'll put the new regular corvette rigging on her too. :doff
I already have her using the new corvette hull and such.

The versions I made last summer had different rigging, but these do not. I suppose I could do something to the jib sails to make them different.

EDIT: The Crimson Blood I have has black masts and yards. That is why I did not want to mess with it.

I already lost that in my game. Personally, I have no objections to the Crimson Blood using regular masts.

Edit: Rigging replaced as per Hylie's files for the Crimson Blood too. :doff

Both FastMerchantmen included in my game now too. Is their rigging any different from the regular corvettes?
Since they're technically different classes of ship, I'd think they should be a bit different at least so you can see the difference at a distance if you know what to look for...
I can't think of any reason why they should have different rigging. The whole point is that the FastMerchantmen retain the speed and manoeuvrability of their former Corvette forms.
However, maybe we could change the flags? Perhaps lose all flags except the one on the spanker for the merchants? That would be the same as the Bounty/Edinburgh, if I recall correctly.

I just looked and the fastmerchantman is slower and slower turning than the corvettes. The original thinking was that they should turn better because of less top weight from the guns. But maybe it was decided that civilian crews were not a good as military crews.

Since these ships were old stripped down corvettes they should still use their old rigging. Losing a flag would help. Would putting the old spanker back on make it look different enough?

Since these ships were old stripped down corvettes they should still use their old rigging. Losing a flag would help. Would putting the old spanker back on make it look different enough?
Old spanker? I don't mean we should replace the sail itself. I meant we could restrict the merchantmen to use only an ensign on the spanker, and have no other flags at all.
That would make a noticeable difference out at sea, because flags (or a lack thereof) are easy to spot.

It's possible to remove flags through code by just setting them to FLAG_NONE in ships_init.c . Might be even easier, though removing the actual locators is a possibility as well, of course.

I think it would be perfect for the merchant version to only have the flag on the spanker. Historically a single long pendant on the mainmast signified that that ship was commisiioned in a country's navy, and therefore a warship. so losing it would make the merchant versions easy to spot

I've just finished modifying one of the textures that was most affected by the transition to the new Corvette hull, after finally getting round to it. :dance
PO_FastNavy now looks better on the new hull, and the texture quality was improved as well:

PO_FastNavy_fix.jpg

I basically reverted back to the original texture and restarted from scratch. The newer texture had begun to look odd, mostly because of bump-mapping at a lower resolution.
The fix is available to download here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/PO_FastNavy_fix.7z. Simply replace the old file in RESOURCE/Textures/Ships.

Were there any other badly affected textures that I needed to adjust?

Looks good! have your changes been applied to the Indiaman? it still looks the stock to me in beta 2.1 (think thats what I have :facepalm )

Nope, I haven't finished the merchant version yet. That's another one of my projects I keep forgetting about. :rolleyes:

Speaking of corvettes, I just realised that the Corvette47 (former Corvette1_47) in Beta 2.1 is NOT the fix I introduced back in B1 Patch 6.
Instead, it's the stock Beta 1 version, which has reverse lighting and bad ropes. What's worse is, I can't find the fix either on my PC or the FTP. :modding
I also deleted all Beta 1 patches from my PC when beta 2 came out. Seemed like a good idea to save space. :facepalm
Can anyone help, here? I think it was the hull model and mast1 that I adjusted, probably in the Patch 6 files, and we need them for Beta 2.

Is it in Beta 1 patch 7? I still have the installer for that one.

Well here is the P7 version. I hope it is the one you want.

Is that the "Corvette47 rope locator compatibility issue fixed by Armada" mentioned for Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6?
I don't remember any reverse lighting fixes ever going into the modpack... :?

AHA! Problem solved! I found the original post which had a link to the files' location; right under my nose in my 'Fixes' folder.
False alarm; just me being dim. :eek:ops2

Anyway, here's a Beta 2 compatible version, named correctly as Corvette47: http://www.pyratesah...47_fix_Beta2.7z
To recap, it fixes the reverse lighting, replaces the lifeboat, and replaces all fal locators.
It must have been left out of later patches, for some reason... or maybe it wasn't even put in any patches. :shrug

As I said, I don't remember it making it into any of the patches. It will go into the next one though! :whipa

Out of curiosity on a related subject, how possible is it to upgrade the original Amsterdam model as well?
She's based on the Corvette, but has been modified slightly. Since all other Corvettes have been upgraded now, the Amsterdam is a bit behind... :(

Back