• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Costume Flipouts

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hi,

I was buying costumes in a Tailor shops and one of the costume act really strange, look at the picture I've uploaded. Why is this costume like this?

Also the same happens if woman characters with a skirt going to sit on a bench in the Tavern. The character is just a damned as in the picture.

I don't know why this happens but it really sucks

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Ps: This is the Lady Barbara character on the picture, normally you can't buy it but I've change the models.init file and make it buyable but there is something wrong with this costume....

Attachments

• Costumebug.jpg
    Costumebug.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 122
Ah maybe that's why it is not intended for buying 'cause it has weird effects when it is.
But have you seen this character anywhere in the game and confirm it is working just fine? That the weird thing is only present when buying it?

Ah maybe that's why it is not intended for buying 'cause it has weird effects when it is.
But have you seen this character anywhere in the game and confirm it is working just fine? That the weird thing is only present when buying it?

Nope I've never seen this one in the game but there is another one who looks exactly like this one and that one works fine.

I'm not sure there is a lady Barbara is some of the storylines, I have readed the walkthroughs once and I'm not sure but maybe there was a Lady Barbara in the Hornblower storyline but I've never played that storyline so I don't know this for sure.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

(There are more characters that act so weard as this one but you can't buy them but if you select them as your character by playing a new game they'll be just so weird as this one)

Oh so there's more weird acting/looking characters and are available in the character selection? Can you make a list of these characters? Name, ID, pics, and log files?
So others can have a look at this too. And you might want putting that in the Bug Tracker.

Oh so there's more weird acting/looking characters and are available in the character selection? Can you make a list of these characters? Name, ID, pics, and log files?
So others can have a look at this too. And you might want putting that in the Bug Tracker.

Here are a few characters who have a weird acting but I haven't time to check all characters now but I think there are a lot more weird acting characters because when I was editing the models.init file not all models are in the Tailor shops and most of them have a weird acting I believe, especially the ones on the end of the list.

model.description = "I want to look like Lady Barbara Wellesley.";
model.id = "LadyBarbara";
model.FaceId = 117;
model.nation = ENGLAND;
model.price = 3000;
model.assigned = true;
AddCharacterModel(model);

model.description = "";
model.id = "W1_Natalia";
model.FaceId = 493;
model.nation = FRANCE;
model.price = 900;
model.assigned = true;
model.description = "";
model.id = "W2_Serena";
model.FaceId = 494;
model.nation = FRANCE;
model.price = 900;
model.assigned = true;
model.description = "";
model.id = "W4_Celia";
model.FaceId = 495;
model.nation = FRANCE;
model.price = 900;
model.assigned = true;

Here is also the models file I've edited.

How can I put this in the bug tracker? I've never done that...

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• All models.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 113
The problem is that the initModels.c entries for those characters are quite incomplete.
This isn't a problem for their quest use, but IS a problem when you want to buy those models.

Compare this model that works properly:
Code:
  model.description =  "A white longsleeved shirt open at the collar, light vest, draw the hair back in a pony-tail, look what it does for the curves!  Speaking of which...";
   model.id    =  "Danielle";
   model.FaceId   = 15;
   model.nation    =  ENGLAND;
   model.sex     =  "woman";
   model.ani     =  "woman_sit";
   model.height    =  1.75;
   model.price    =  1000;
   model.assigned   =  true;
With this one that does not:
Code:
  model.description =  "I want to look like Lady Barbara Wellesley.";
   model.id    =  "LadyBarbara";
   model.FaceId   = 117;
   model.nation    =  BROKEN;
   model.price    =  3000;
You'll notice that these three lines are missing:
Code:
   model.height    =  1.75;
Add them, start a new game and it should now behave.

Note that women with skirts will never properly in taverns; that is something we'll just have to deal with. :shrug

The problem is that the initModels.c entries for those characters are quite incomplete.
This isn't a problem for their quest use, but IS a problem when you want to buy those models.

Compare this model that works properly:
Code:
  model.description =  "A white longsleeved shirt open at the collar, light vest, draw the hair back in a pony-tail, look what it does for the curves!  Speaking of which...";
   model.id    =  "Danielle";
   model.FaceId   = 15;
   model.nation    =  ENGLAND;
   model.height    =  1.75;
   model.price    =  1000;
With this one that does not:
Code:
  model.description =  "I want to look like Lady Barbara Wellesley.";
   model.id    =  "LadyBarbara";
   model.FaceId   = 117;
   model.nation    =  BROKEN;
   model.price    =  3000;
You'll notice that these three lines are missing:
Code:
   model.height    =  1.75;
Add them, start a new game and it should now behave.

Note that women with skirts will never properly in taverns; that is something we'll just have to deal with. :shrug

So if I add those three lines in all the models where they are missed they'll work properly? And does this work with the characters like Serena etc too or is there something else going on with these?

And why can't I buy all characters even if I changed the models.init file? I still can't buy all of them after change the BROKEN in a country.

And do you add some new costumes too sometimes like Angelica Teach or Syrena or something because I really have no idea how to create new characters by myself

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

PS: Sometimes it's quite annoying you must start a new game after change the models.init file because you must play everything again and you'll lose what you've got in the first save

Get used to being annoyed. When Pieter is around changes can happen weekly that require a new game. :whipa

Get used to being annoyed. When Pieter is around changes can happen weekly that require a new game. :whipa

Maybe it's better I wait a while until all bugs are fixed and this is working, then I can start a new game and don't have to play the storylines lots of times ;)

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Those three lines should indeed do the trick. New game required, because the Reinitialize functionality for models was causing a LOT of problems and I was forced to remove that.
Changing the nation from BROKEN to something else should be enough to make them show up at the tailors'.

Don't make any promises that I cannot keep. There is a very good chance I will be unable to build up my old enthusiasm on fixing problems.

Those three lines should indeed do the trick. New game required, because the Reinitialize functionality for models was causing a LOT of problems and I was forced to remove that.
Changing the nation from BROKEN to something else should be enough to make them show up at the tailors'.

Okay then I'll try this, will this work to with the three models I've send (Serena, Celia, Forgotten the third name..) It will take a lot of time for me to change the file but if I have time for this is really gonna do this if it really works for all models.

I suggest it's different for male characters, is it then man and man.sit? Or something else? And is this always the same by each male character? (I not wanne mess up the game when I change this codes)

Do you want to have the file to if I'm finished with this, then you don't have to spend time on it to add more characters haha :p

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

You don't need to touch the male characters; they'll be working OK already as that is the "default".

If you do finish adding those lines, indeed you might as well post it. Then people won't be running into the same problems again. :doff

You don't need to touch the male characters; they'll be working OK already as that is the "default".

If you do finish adding those lines, indeed you might as well post it. Then people won't be running into the same problems again. :doff

Okay so it's just the female's I have to check? By the male characters is it only changing the line BROKEN into a country?

I'll post it when I'm finished but I don't know when that is, I can't promise anything with my busy schema haha

Does this work with the Serena and Celia characters as well? I'm not sure because those were really bad when I was trying to play them and they aren't buyable even if I changed the BROKEN lines

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Okay so it's just the female's I have to check? By the male characters is it only changing the line BROKEN into a country?
That should do the trick. :yes

Does this work with the Serena and Celia characters as well? I'm not sure because those were really bad when I was trying to play them and they aren't buyable even if I changed the BROKEN lines
I can think of no reason that should not work.

When you changed the lines from BROKEN, did you also start a new game?

That should do the trick. :yes

I can think of no reason that should not work.

When you changed the lines from BROKEN, did you also start a new game?

Yes I've always have started a new game after changing this file ;)

I've uploaded a file with the characters I'm not sure about if they'll work in the game, they seem to be different from the others and there is no description. As you can see I have changed the BROKEN lines but they are still not available in Tailor Shops, do you know why?

(It's about the whole list, none of these costumes are available in Tailor Shops after changing)

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Modadd.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 92
Here is one for example that doesn't show up too in the Tailor Shops but why? I see the three lines you mentoined before are missed here as well but this is a male costume so it has to show up in the Pirate Tailor Shop or not, but it won't show up. Why? I hope someone can tell me so I can fix these ones because there are a lot more in the initModels.c file....

Code:
model.description =  "I've ended up as a rum-potting deckhand that takes orders from pirates, have you anything that can express that?.";
    model.id       =  "47_Norrington_Pirate";
    model.FaceId    = 230;
    model.nation      =  PIRATE;
    model.price       =  2500;
    model.assigned    =  true;

Note that the tailor shops ARE very random. That Norrington Pirate model should be fine though; no reason that shouldn't show up.
You have to keep talking to the same tailor several times and eventually it should work.

Note that the tailor shops ARE very random. That Norrington Pirate model should be fine though; no reason that shouldn't show up.
You have to keep talking to the same tailor several times and eventually it should work.

No it isn't. I have talked a lot of times to him and I buyed all costumes from him until the costumes who I've already buyed showed up again and I've hear that that means that I have buyed all costumes from that Tailor but no Norrington Pirate costume and there are more costume in the initModels.c file that shouldn't show up but I don't know why. I have changed the BROKEN lines but it still doesn't work for some costumes like the Norrington one and the Serena and Celia costumes I've sens earlier and a lot more but I can't say exactly which ones they are, then I must take a look at the initModels.c file again and then I can tell you.

Can you take a look at this to see why some costumes still doesn't show up after changing the BROKEN line just as with the Norrington Pirate costume and the Serena and Celia costumes. If I know what I can do to fix it I can take a look at the file again and fix it for all costumes that shouldn't apprear ;)

But first I have to known where this problem come from and I can't find out a solution by myself for this one I'm afraid....

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

I've got to admit I'm not too fussed over this. You can Always use the console to give those models to yourself.
It isn't an actual, troublesome bug, is it?

In any case, I really don't know why it wouldn't work. Though.... Did you get any costumes show up without descriptions?
It might be one of those. If RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\models_description.txt does not match up properly, the actual description would be missing in the game.

Back