• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Costume Flipouts

I've got to admit I'm not too fussed over this. You can Always use the console to give those models to yourself.
It isn't an actual, troublesome bug, is it?

In any case, I really don't know why it wouldn't work. Though.... Did you get any costumes show up without descriptions?
It might be one of those. If RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\models_description.txt does not match up properly, the actual description would be missing in the game.

There are indeed costumes without descriptions and some of them apprears but not all of them, I don't know what the problem is, maybe a little bug indeed?

How can I do that? Use the console to give those models to myself?

It's not troublesome no, as some people said earlier I'm maybe the only one here who wants to collect all costumes :p LOLxD

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Hi,

I was buying costumes in a Tailor shops and one of the costume act really strange, look at the picture I've uploaded. Why is this costume like this?

Keep in mind, some of the graphics errors that you have shown are not entirely based on script code alone as Pieter stated but get tied to the actual texture files that are used with any model in the long list of Akella pirate games.

Models, textures, and animations are all interrelated together.
A model and texture for a character might look fine, but if the wrong animation file is used in conjunction graphical abnormalities result (script file error).
The same applies for animation and a model if correct, but wrong texture mapping is wrong. (texture file error).
Every time a new costume is applied for use to a character is has to be crosschecked for compatibility.
That is why Tailor shops with certain outfits don't necessarily work for specific characters, because the one facet is easy to overlook when something gets added, because crosschecking every character with every outfit is hard work due to multiple combinations!

The same problem reared its head when characters from POTC were ported to CoAS.
Fortunately, most of the CoAS errors were not ported to POTEHO...

In PROGRAM\console.c find:
Code:
// GiveModel2Player("Jack",true);
Replace "Jack" with whatever model you want. Load your savegame, press F12 and you'll change into that model.
Replace true with false and you will no longer change into that model, but still get it into your model list.

Models without descriptions have a mismatch with the TXT file I mentioned. Simple solution is to find the model and make sure the TXT file is changed to be correct.

In PROGRAM\console.c find:
Code:
// GiveModel2Player("Jack",true);
Replace "Jack" with whatever model you want. Load your savegame, press F12 and you'll change into that model.
Replace true with false and you will no longer change into that model, but still get it into your model list.

Models without descriptions have a mismatch with the TXT file I mentioned. Simple solution is to find the model and make sure the TXT file is changed to be correct.

I have tried what you said but I doesn't work. I wanted the Royal Navy Lieutenant costume so I'll replace Jack with brtlut3_18 and true is on but when I put the F12 button nothing happens and I only get a message 'executed console' but I have no idea what that means and what I must do, can you explain?

I see it can work with items as well? How works that?

How do you change such TXT file, how does that work?

I can learn a lot here I see hihihi :p

Sorry, I completely forgot to mention you must remove the // in front of that line for it to work.

Are you sure you are not "DavyJack the Second"? You seem to be asking exactly the same questions. :shock

Sorry, I completely forgot to mention you must remove the // in front of that line for it to work.

Ah you mean like this :) (Attrached file)

Are you sure you are not "DavyJack the Second"? You seem to be asking exactly the same questions. :shock

How do you mean DavyJack the second? Haha it must be coincidence if I ask really the same things, lol that you mentoined it, I remember that Davy Jack said something like that to me too one time.:p

Does this 'trick' also work with items and how do I do that then?

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• So.jpg
    So.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Okay I'll give up, won't work either, I'm think I'm do something wrong here, I have attrached the file, maybe can you edit it so it will work?

Or is there something going on with the model I want? It is supposed to work isn't it?

Attachments

• Consolefile.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 92
Attached should work. You removed the // from a lot more lines than just the model-giving one.
When I said to remove it from that line, I meant removing it from just that line. ;)

Will work for items too. Just add a line below it, for example, looking like this:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");
There are various sample lines in that file already that you can use.
However, they are in a "commented out" block. Remove the /* and */ around them and that will activate ALL lines inbetween,
Then edit as required.

Attachments

• console.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 100
Attached should work. You removed the // from a lot more lines than just the model-giving one.
When I said to remove it from that line, I meant removing it from just that line. ;)

It works! Thnx! If I just edit the model now I can get all models I want or not? Can I get the BROKEN ones too or not because there is still BROKEN in the init.models.c file?

Will work for items too. Just add a line below it, for example, looking like this:
Code:
There are various sample lines in that file already that you can use.
However, they are in a "commented out" block. Remove the /* and */ around them and that will activate ALL lines inbetween,
Then edit as required.

So if I just remove all /* it will all work? Is it always the F12 button or is it another button for items or something?

All models should work. The GiveModel line doesn't care about much of anything.

F12 executes whatever you put in console.c .

All models should work. The GiveModel line doesn't care about much of anything.

I have trying a few models and a lot of them work fine but not all, these one doesn't work for some reason look at yourself and so there are a few more: 75Faniel1.tga.tx

I'll get these from the Converter TX Hylie gives me this week

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

That is a texture file. You need to be looking at RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters

That is a texture file. You need to be looking at RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters

Yeah I works thanks!

Still there are a few who doesn´t work but I´m not gonna make a great issue of that

In the attached file you´ll see the Serena model and it´s damned just like LadyBarbara, is this because those three lines are missed here too?
This model looks really strange btw without neck...

Attachments

• Model flip.jpg
    Model flip.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 78
Last November when working on the beta a few models suddenly had that problem. Levis fixed them quickly, but I do not know how.

Indeed that is the "missing lines" problem again. Note that Lady Barbara is not actually a very special model.
It only has a different name so that we could attach a custom portrait file. Other than that, it is just the stock game Liza model.

Indeed that is the "missing lines" problem again. Note that Lady Barbara is not actually a very special model.
It only has a different name so that we could attach a custom portrait file. Other than that, it is just the stock game Liza model.

Oh okay but the Serena model isn't is it? If I add those lines and put it in the console and press F12 does it work then or must I start a new game or something for that? Or must I edit those file of Serena in the RESOURCE map?

What is going on with the Celia model? I'll get this when I try that one, my character is just invisible or something??? How could that happen??

Attachments

• What.jpg
    What.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 92
  • What.jpg
    What.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 82
Where must I add that line for the items? Just below the one for the GiveModel line or somewhere else?

I saw this in the file but I don't know if I must use something of this for the items because there are a lot of this rules here and I don't know wich to use and what I must delete to let it work, (I'm a little bit tired and I really gonna need some sleep :p)

Code:
*/
        // Give items
        // ------------------
        /*
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "compass3");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "spyglass4");
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "spyglass4");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "clock2");
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "clock2");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade26+3");
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "blade26+3");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar,"pistol3_14");
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "pistol3_14");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "sextant");

GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapAntigua");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCayman");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapConceicao");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCuba");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapDouwesen");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapFalaiseDeFleur");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapGuadeloupe");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapHispaniola");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapIslaMuelle");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapQuebradasCostillas");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapRedmond");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapSaintMartin");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapTurks");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapAruba");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCuracao");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapEleuthera");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapRedmond_Dungeon");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay_Dungeon");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay_Cave");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapDouwesen_Cave");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa_TempleGround");
            GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa_TempleUpper");

Perhaps those are special case characters; I don't know and would have to check, but I don't feel like looking into anything just yet.
There are several gazillion models left to choose from; no need to fuss over the particular ones that are being troublesome, right?

As for those lines, as I said, it doesn't actually matter. That block of code is sample stuff that you can use. Remove the /* and */ around it to activate it.
It'll all work; you just have to adjust it to what you want.

Back