• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Curses! Apothecary Mod and Easter Eggs

That doesn't sound too far off on the morales. I'm surprised your Articles morales are lower than the Salary ones.
You need to gain more plunder, mate! :whipa

When I did a quick test, morale dropped down to 40 on Leadership 10 + Iron Will when I was cursed.

For your crew immortality, do you have enough coins in the weaponslocker for ALL your crew?
You'd need 300 coins in there for full crew immortality.

Sounds like the potions ARE being used then. Niiice. :woot

On the Tortuga and pirates, which storyline is that in? It was only bugged in the Standard one before.

Thanks for your comprehensive testing! :onya

You need to gain more plunder, mate! :whipa
I know, I.... uuh... wanted to be more "peaceful"... honestly!

For your crew immortality, do you have enough coins in the weaponslocker for ALL your crew?
You'd need 300 coins in there for full crew immortality.
Yep, all of them except my own.

On the Tortuga and pirates, which storyline is that in? It was only bugged in the Standard one before.
Jack Aubrey. Their fort shot at me in patch 2.3 light when they saw my pirate flag.

I know, I.... uuh... wanted to be more "peaceful"... honestly!
PEACEFUL cursed pirates attacking forts, eh? Oh, I get it! :rofl

Yep, all of them except my own.
Hmm... so you don't actually get 100% immortality? Well, that does technically make for better gameplay, I think... :wp

Jack Aubrey. Their fort shot at me in patch 2.3 light when they saw my pirate flag.
Really? Strange! Keep an eye on it, in case it comes back. o_O

Hmm... so you don't actually get 100% immortality? Well, that does technically make for better gameplay, I think... :wp
Fine for me then. A crew loss of 34 men after 50 minutes against a fort (man, I'm so allmighty) sounds fair enough. I attacked some forts in version 2.3 and my losses were much higher back then. Don't forget, that your cursed men can get blown off your ship and some hungry sharks swallow their bones; it may happen. *nods*

One little thing, though:
sailstorage1.jpgsailstorage2.jpg
Your cursed crew seems to mistake your captain's cabin/cargo hold/gun deck for the sail storage (okay, not quite). Only seen on rare occasions, but it happens.

Ouch! That is a very old bug that happens during boardings. But that's definitely the worse I've ever seen it. :shock

I just noticed that there is no DeleteRiggingEnvironment() line in the boarding code. Perhaps that is it?
Try this: Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
DeleteRiggingEnvironment()
Next time you're boarding, press F12 and see if there are any problems once you return to sea after the boarding.

Alright, I boarded another ship, used your code, went back to sea and...
whatthehell.jpg
Goddammit, those blasted wretches plundered me rigging!

Perhaps it has something to do with the ragged sails? I loaded another game, opened the weaponslocker, closed it and the sails were suddenly dumped into my cabin.

Well, that DOES explain why that line was NOT there. Turns out DELETING all the sails and rigging is a LOT easier than creating it again.
I remember Pirate_KK couldn't make that work either with the GiveShip2Character function.
ANNOYING! But I can't think of any easy ways to solve this. :modding

Are you saying it shows up only AFTER opening a chest? Could that be messing things up?

Hmm... It happened when I opened a chest on my ship, but it's possible, that my savegame was corrupted. Now that I think of it, I remember, that I wanted to open my weaponslocker sometime after a boarding and was taken back to the ransack menu instead.
I just started a new game to test this and couldn't reproduce the problem. Seems like it has nothing to do with the curse at all.

It definitely isn't related; that's a long-standing weird effect that way pre-dates my curses. :(

Well, it seems this part of the mod is working too then. Calling it "Solved".

I'd be interested to hear people's experiences with this though. What king of crazy situations can you get yourself in now that you couldn't before? :cheeky

You're absolutely right; I forgot to add the correct lines for the boarding locations. Thanks for catching that! :cheers

So the curse can work as in the movie, everything else is optional? I was thinking why make this intricate coding and make it take effect when a coin is found instead of just happening if a coin is taken out of the chest. By finding a coin and instead of cursing you, it could perhaps attract the attention of the cursed pirates and make them hunt you to get the coin back. Would be more like the movie. But, if I understand correctly, it can work as in the movie and everything else is for extra fun. :)

Well, you DO get cursed yourself if you take a coin out of a RANDOM chest.
That isn't quite like the movie, but I did it like that because otherwise people wouldn't even know this whole thing was in place. :facepalm

With the exception of the Jack Sparrow, Woodes Rogers, Hornblower or Bartolomeu storylines, that is.
There, the curse REALLY works as in the movie, so you only get cursed if you get a coin FROM Isla de Muerta.
And you can't get there in Woodes Rogers anyway.

Getting cursed pirates chasing after you would be fun too, but that'd require additional coding
Maybe some day, but for now the intention was to just add some sort of an Easter Egg to the cursed coins.
It already turned out far more elaborate than I was intending to make it at first. :wp

I just started a new game to test this and couldn't reproduce the problem. Seems like it has nothing to do with the curse at all.
Thanks a lot for all your support to us. I've added you to the Modders group. Welcome, mate! :doff

o_O But... But... I... haven't done that much. :shock But thank you, Pieter, I'm quite honored; though I'm afraid I can't help much at the moment. :bow

Back